BobZilla's Custom Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good conversation guys!

Well once I get hs thing fixed up we can play around with different arrangements such as coil offsets and multi triggers, branch outputs. The way I built this thing it is very modular and lends well to experimentation. First I have to get it running Lol. Darn thing ran great for a few weeks. I did shoot one vid but it was a private one so I was cursing and quite informal with the presentation.

Originally I wanted thematchd transistors just to say this is it, it's as perfect as I can get it but now I am mucking things up. I will say that I do understand fairly well all of the points being made. The coil slots on this are 1/2 inch which was to allow a little wiggle to get coils alighned when you take into account the quarter inch bolts it leaves a little in case the coil mounts were not perfectly the same etc.. So I have tried to gt those all lined up nice. The resistors are one percent wire wound 25 Ohm on the base, another one off the light bulb and of course the light bulb itself. The trigger buss is a full circle coming off the pot so that there is no close end far end delay if it would even have factored in that is. The busses are not daisychained from board to board they are solid and each board connects to the common buss. Anyway the point is that I did think about the even distribution, trimmed coils to all match exactly the same resistance. Of course no mater what you do there will be factors such as the magnet or transistors internal resistance. We do what we can right ;-)

This is my biggest machine to date. I had a lot of fun with two coilers, I had a few of those but this 4 coiler is quite different,, can only imagine when it's an 8 coller.. I can get away with such low resistance because remember it's a super pole and the pole switches very narrow. basically I have 50 Ohm in actual resistors, the bulbs, and a pot which I only use maybe under 100 Ohm of.

Once again thanks for all the participation in this thread guys!

Comment

i built a 4c 16 t 133 foot 20/23 a foot 1/2 lead out each coil; all 16 p wire same ohm ;went through 50 mags to get 16 on a 28 in wheel -free spin time 20 min + . It is not a sp. the build b4 was the same but coils were wound sloppy and not a match and magnets either . the improvement in neat wound coils core [same no. of rods] same ohmage long spin time, match magnets is it runs on less alot less .it is important to me to have all run wire same length/ then ohms [oh BALLANCE ] https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...otoFilter=ALL# this is not my pic but what i madeClick image for larger version

Name:	syringe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	46894
      Last edited by guyzzemf; 02-07-2015, 07:47 AM.

Comment

In my last little build I selected 20 magnets over 40, I made a little gauss meter with 5v dc + lineal hall sensor + voltmeter,

But it was a very hard work, first I took measurements of all 40 magnets south and north poles, then I picked the best 20.

After that I stack them in pairs, because I have 10 magnets slots in the wheel. After that I used again the gauss meter with the magnets on the wheel, and started to take measurements again, 1 by 1, changing them around, etc, etc, a very long work but necessary.

best,

Alvaro

Comment

G'day everyone,
          You all must be better builders than I am. I thought I had gone beyond the call of duty to match everything, including malemet as per Guy and Cest, same number of core rods, wire, using circular busses,matched diodes, matched resistors and even with matched transistors (from Teslagenex) all on the same Teslagenex board! Using two separate coils - the spikes differ in amplitude, and this is with my "cheap" $250 scope my spikes are solid and do not jump up and down, no ghosting moving h waves at 300RPM or even 4500 RPM on smaller machines, I'm not even using the $5,000 scope john had in DVD2.

Anyway none of that matters or does it as the proof has always been in my charge battery. My batteries charge the same either way for a given input as long as the timing on my OFF is the same on all coils HOWEVER, now I think perhaps my cheap scope is lying to me and perhaps my off time has never really been the same so maybe even with all matched transistors on the same board, etc. my two separate coils have NEVER shut off at the same time.

If all you say is true Tom, and I have to believe you have seen the difference on YOUR bench, then I have to conclude that my experiments have been flawed from the git-go, and that my energizers have never produced the effect of all coils/transistors working in uniform precision. If I'm not seeing a difference and according to John, Peter and Tom I should be seeing a difference, I can only conclude I can't wind 2 matched coils correctly and or can't count rods or measure the coil gap to save my life.

With that in mind - I might just give up on the SSG multi coiler...
          KR - Patrick A

Comment

Well for what it's worth I got the damm thing running again. I put unmatched transistors in the two boards that were broke. I do not know this machine well enough to know if it makes a difference or not.

So Patrick,, don't get frustered man. You do great work and it would be a shame if you do not pursue whatever you are up too. I have learned a lot from your videos and posts and I value your opinion very much.

I will be honest about it on another machine I did not notice any difference either but it was a much smaller build. I can see both sides of it, the matching makes sense on paper/theory but you are absolutely right in that there are so many other freaking factors involved it may be impossible to actually get a perfect unison. I mean cmon, who hasn't put regular in the tank when your supposed to use super Lol ..

Comment

no no PAT any multi coil you know the slave coils fire off master [or trigger of choice] they don't care if there where they are ,they could sit on the table
              besides adding rpm ,slaves let you get higher rpm/less input [to a point] i don't have o scope but i don't see how a scope would help you on coil alignment even a dual trace . the only reason i know there is 114 core rods is i cut all by hand
              the reason for 16 mag no 28 in rim is to have a good spacing for the scalar field between magnets [
              built to run a 1/2 amp a coil near 120-130 ma a trane
              i had a question on how long a tran will last well i have that answer [long time]
              my 4c i run it at least 4-6 days a month. the tranes only fired open a few times
              i cant say what bata match tranes would do but i used them id sure make everything else =
              i spent more time on on magnet spacing it has a huge effect i=.im sure it effects the sharp off
              magnets to close =not a clean off need O scope to confirm

Comment

@Patrick,

I am telling you only what was given me, so from the very beginning I have built a certain way. matched trannies, matched coils, big wire to the batteries, matched magnets, never matched the number of rods!! for solid state shottky diodes too. my biggest problem has always been timing, getting the coils to line up so they fire at exactly the same time. I had a lot of trouble with this at first as my problem was accurate magnet spacing. I am really glad you are building Patrick we all have things to share do not stop. and you are right it is in the battery. there are other factors here also when it comes to Charging... there are probably a ton of things I am still not doing right, and I can honestly say I have not tested it any other way than how it was shown to me to do it.

I will go back and watch number 2 again....

Yaro noted that pulse charging without pure DC charging will actually destroy the batteries over a long period of time. his battery capacity went down after a huge number of cycles. with that in mind I have changed my battery protocol. when the capacity stops increasing in the battery after a few cycles I know it is ready to be returned to service. the first thing to do is run it on a 10A12 charger, which is the linear reg technology, and set to 15.3 for fully charged. a few cycles and it is back to running like a normal battery, the first few cycles it really does not like the charge style.

I am only saying this because this factor can affect what we are all seeing in our cycle testing. I have yet to go back and test this battery back on pulse charging to see if its capacity can be increased again. but it is on the list

@Guy,

you are right the slaves can be off the bench but they need the core in them otherwise they don't run the same. I will say Based on John's work there is an additive effect of the magnet core interaction in the core. the bloch wall in the coil is enhanced by the core flip, this is just theory I have not run any test to prove this theory, and I am not sure I can.

I am discovering a few things about this pulse technology... its about Tesla, and his potential switching, getting things out of the coil thru the pulse. so I am trying to do as much as I can to maximize the potential of the pulse. I still think we have a long way to go to get it fully realized.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                  Yaro noted that pulse charging without pure DC charging will actually destroy the batteries over a long period of time. his battery capacity went down after a huge number of cycles. with that in mind I have changed my battery protocol. when the capacity stops increasing in the battery after a few cycles I know it is ready to be returned to service. the first thing to do is run it on a 10A12 charger, which is the linear reg technology, and set to 15.3 for fully charged. a few cycles and it is back to running like a normal battery, the first few cycles it really does not like the charge style.

I am only saying this because this factor can affect what we are all seeing in our cycle testing. I have yet to go back and test this battery back on pulse charging to see if its capacity can be increased again. but it is on the list
                  This is very interesting to me because I'm seeing exactly this behavior with the new batteries I bought for COP testing. One of these batteries would have been put through over 300 radiant cycles typically just taking 1 amp hour and charging again. I was thinking the batteries I had were just garbage but now I'm not so sure. It's capacity is no-where near as good as when it was under 100 cycles. I have Calcium Lead Acid batteries and research suggests that the calcium makes the plates more brittle which I suppose if your hitting with a radiant spike may not be up to task. There was also suggestion they take longer to charge which would affect COP.

Comment

Interesting. I hadn't come across that tidbit before. I was planning on mode 1'ing these golf cart batteries of mine indefinitely, and using the solar tracker to charge a couple primaries. I will have to watch my charts close and see if I encounter the same behavior.

Comment

There may be something to it but let me play devils advocate a second...

I think there are other factors to consider. Over charging can do the same thing, loss of electrolyte, if you use back end charged batteries on the front over and over just rotating them you will get this effect.

I can't help but think of Patrick with his huge bank he has had in operation for years now running his lighting for his house. I also have broken the rules for a long time,, everyone says NO AGM'S! but guess what,, I have been using them for three years now without a problem.

Anyway I am not saying it is not true but I don't accept it as fact.

James you also were flipping back and fourth between your dumper and mode one quite a bit weren't you? There is always a loss of charge when switching from one mode to another no matter which way you are going it takes a few cycles to re condition for whichever mode.

Now with all that said I think mode one is great for maintenance but gen mode is much better for everyday charging.

Wasn't Yaro using a AC supply on his experiments too?

Comment

I was not talking about loss of electrolyte but of loss of plate material. capacity only goes down in a battery because of a few things, the 2 biggest culprits are sulphations and plate material dropping off into the bottom of the battery.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                          @Patrick,

I am discovering a few things about this pulse technology... its about Tesla, and his potential switching, getting things out of the coil thru the pulse. so I am trying to do as much as I can to maximize the potential of the pulse. I still think we have a long way to go to get it fully realized.

Tom C
                          Tom, can you elaborate on this please?

Alvaro

Comment

as you go Thru the DVD's you see different ways of harvesting the pulse, using tesla nodes. using low lenz generators, using common ground mode, using branch cicuits on the output with a common ground. using solar to power the primary. using cap dumps, using faster diodes, using other means of triggering. each item is a way to extract more from the work being done in the coil.

Tom C
                            Last edited by Tom C; 02-11-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Aye,

So I have some video for anyone who wants to watch. Just a brief description and heads up,, this is not a full charge which is what I typically film. This is just running the machine at a few inputs current wise. I had 4 large batteries on the back and two on the front setup in 24v both sides.

Hmm I have the charts from this that I was going to post but the forum is not letting me at the moment, I may come back and edit later to include them.

The video is about a half hour in two parts. It's nothing special really but I just wanted to show how the thing is running for those who are interested in it.

Part1
                              https://files.secureserver.net/0sWfr4k6MAToDq

Part2
                              https://files.secureserver.net/0srn3jeJIAWXKM
                              Last edited by BobZilla; 02-11-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

do you think that the reason it didnt want to run at 12v is its a superpole
                                i never could get my head around the large wood coil frames especially the wood on top of the coil
                                guy

o ok i see the wood coil holders are inset

id never leave a ssg running unattended

nice job looks good
                                Last edited by guyzzemf; 02-11-2015, 11:56 PM. Reason: brain fart

Comment

Working...
                                X