Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 169

Thread: BobZilla's Custom Build

  1. #31
    Hi Bob,

    I think it would be a good idea to replace that switch with a snap action one that has no center off position. That's what I have on mine, and even then it will give one quick flash of the neons if I switch it while the wheel is running.

    Safest thing is to not even touch the switch while the wheel is running. Yea, I know, Peter shows doing this in the video and I saw him do it in person at the conference. But with my machine, I do sometimes get a quick flash of the neons which can't be good for the transistors. So now I always disconnect the primary battery before throwing the switch. And if you have a capacitor across the primary it should be disconnected as well, so the stored charge won't blast the transistors while throwing the switch.
    Gary Hammond,

  2. #32
    You can make one of these with some copper if you can't find one at your local electronic store. Place it inline with the supply + right next to the NegNeg switch with a big red sign
    "Stop! Think!"
    knife-blade.jpg
    Never switch on the fly unless you get to the point where you can "channel" spikey with your thoughts.
    On the bright side, that sounds like a serious contender for a beefy cap dump! I'm not sure I would want to put just any battery on the end of that one.

    Now you have tasked me with an experiment I must try myself. remove the branch resistors from a multi-filer multi-coil system, never tried that move. Is there an experiment you did that led you down that path?
    KR - Patrick

  3. #33
    Now you have tasked me with an experiment I must try myself. remove the branch resistors from a multi-filer multi-coil system, never tried that move. Is there an experiment you did that led you down that path?
    Ok so wait a second, let me clarify because I don't think we are on the same page. When I said branch circuit what I meant was splitting the output diodes into branches, such as two batteries. Mr. Bedini made that video a few years ago showing it being done on a small coil and a 3055 type transistor but the principal is the same on larger setups. Instead of bussing all the diodes together towards the charge pos, splitting them to go to separate outputs. I built that old SS with the 200ft coil to work that way. Anyway that is what I meant when I was saying branch.

    This machine has all the boards wired up in the standard fashion so yea there is a bit of branching at the base from the trigger but you know all the E and C are bussed which is why they all need matching unless I'm not thinking about it correctly. Patrick why wouldn't each of them need matching, I'm curious on your line of thought there?

    So looking at how this machine is configured we have the boards all standard configuration and then the boards themselves have busses all the way around. So I have three main busses going all the way around, pri pos, pri neg, charge pos. Also the trigger is bussed before the input to each board with a big loop of 21AWG. The charge neg is feeding back to pri pos or pri neg through the big diode depending on the switch position.

    You know that knife switch is funny you mention, I originally had purchased knife switches for the machine but I decided not to use them. The ones I got just looked like they may be a little dinky for the job so I went with some heavy duty toggles instead. I had thought how cool would that be to have like a Frankenstein's lab looking switch.

    Gary your advice is sound for sure. I have to train myself for now to just not touch the darn thing. I may have to move it or replace it, I can just see someone flipping it "whats this do" ..

    Thanks for all the input and comments guys. It reminds me of the older days when everyone was really active with exciting stuff to share and collaborating the efforts.

    Well I'm off to try and get this thing fixed again...

  4. #34
    Hi Bobzilla,
    All of this is IMHO :-)
    So the output buss is the same however, you can have the output buss the same for two separate coils, move the coils so the magnets hit at different times, adjust the timing so the coils do not fire at the same time and the bus does not care... does the battery or cap care??? they might, so this kind of ties back to your surf'n-skipper doodad. will the cap charge faster with multiple pulses from the coils ie each of your 4 coils firing separately or will the cap/bat charge faster if they all fire at the exact same time. Either way you can control the timing of all four coils with a POT on each board that controls each set of transistors and find out pretty quickly for yourself.

    Why are we matching then… matching in an individual coil is so the transistors fire at the exact same time and open/turn off at the exact same time. If not then the energy in the transformer/coil will backup from one wire, then hop over to the next so that it has to find its way out of the maze, maybe some of it will not even find its way out… end up as heat or some other phenomena, and the battery or cap will not be able to realize the full potential the magneto has to offer. There is some good reading on matching transistors right on the data sheet of many transistors.

    Of course I’m no expert on this. Grain of salt and all that…
    Patrick A.

    Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Ok so wait a second, let me clarify because I don't think we are on the same page. When I said branch circuit what I meant was splitting the output diodes into branches, such as two batteries. Mr. Bedini made that video a few years ago showing it being done on a small coil and a 3055 type transistor but the principal is the same on larger setups. Instead of bussing all the diodes together towards the charge pos, splitting them to go to separate outputs. I built that old SS with the 200ft coil to work that way. Anyway that is what I meant when I was saying branch.

    This machine has all the boards wired up in the standard fashion so yea there is a bit of branching at the base from the trigger but you know all the E and C are bussed which is why they all need matching unless I'm not thinking about it correctly. Patrick why wouldn't each of them need matching, I'm curious on your line of thought there?

    So looking at how this machine is configured we have the boards all standard configuration and then the boards themselves have busses all the way around. So I have three main busses going all the way around, pri pos, pri neg, charge pos. Also the trigger is bussed before the input to each board with a big loop of 21AWG. The charge neg is feeding back to pri pos or pri neg through the big diode depending on the switch position.

    You know that knife switch is funny you mention, I originally had purchased knife switches for the machine but I decided not to use them. The ones I got just looked like they may be a little dinky for the job so I went with some heavy duty toggles instead. I had thought how cool would that be to have like a Frankenstein's lab looking switch.

    Gary your advice is sound for sure. I have to train myself for now to just not touch the darn thing. I may have to move it or replace it, I can just see someone flipping it "whats this do" ..

    Thanks for all the input and comments guys. It reminds me of the older days when everyone was really active with exciting stuff to share and collaborating the efforts.

    Well I'm off to try and get this thing fixed again...

  5. #35
    Hi guys,

    I think that the way to go is to fire all coils at the same time, with all matched transistors.

    If you fire the coils at different times you are not taking advantage of the impedance matching, let's suppose that 1 coil is 0.1 ohms, if you have 10 and fire them all at the same time you would get 0.01 ohms, if you fire them at different times it would be just like firing 1 coil... only more times x second.

    This is because of what I have read, sadly not from my own experience…. Yet…

    my 2 cents

    Alvaro


    Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Hi Bobzilla,
    All of this is IMHO :-)
    So the output buss is the same however, you can have the output buss the same for two separate coils, move the coils so the magnets hit at different times, adjust the timing so the coils do not fire at the same time and the bus does not care... does the battery or cap care??? they might, so this kind of ties back to your surf'n-skipper doodad. will the cap charge faster with multiple pulses from the coils ie each of your 4 coils firing separately or will the cap/bat charge faster if they all fire at the exact same time. Either way you can control the timing of all four coils with a POT on each board that controls each set of transistors and find out pretty quickly for yourself.

    Why are we matching then… matching in an individual coil is so the transistors fire at the exact same time and open/turn off at the exact same time. If not then the energy in the transformer/coil will backup from one wire, then hop over to the next so that it has to find its way out of the maze, maybe some of it will not even find its way out… end up as heat or some other phenomena, and the battery or cap will not be able to realize the full potential the magneto has to offer. There is some good reading on matching transistors right on the data sheet of many transistors.

    Of course I’m no expert on this. Grain of salt and all that…
    Patrick A.
    Last edited by AlvaroHN; 02-05-2015 at 10:32 PM. Reason: correction

  6. #36
    Patrick thanks for expanding. I just read what you wrote and it is an interesting idea for sure. I willl have to sit and think about it a bit more, just banging out a quick response.

    So the output buss is the same however, you can have the output buss the same for two separate coils, move the coils so the magnets hit at different times, adjust the timing so the coils do not fire at the same time and the bus does not care... does the battery or cap care???
    In particular that part does not quite match up with my current setup because all of the slave coils are firing from a single trigger. On my machine the bottom coil is the only one with an active trigger which is extended all the way around. I need to get the thng fixed so I can show you a video and explain a bt more detail of how it is setup. But anyway to your point of moving the coils, I could do that and it would affect the pull power of the electromagnetic effect so retard or advance basically but no matter where I position them they will still be firing at the same time from that trigger.

    This does however give me ideas on how I could run it as you are describing,, and your right it could be made to act sort of like the cap dancing method, awesome idea man.


    Alvaro,
    Welcome to the discussion. In it's current configuration that is what this machine is doing, all at once.

    Those two boards are stumping me, not as easy as the first few times I was troubleshooting. I think I am going to have to take each transistor off the board to isolate the problem. I hate changing components too many times on a pcb, always that chance of messing up a trace or pulling the little ring out. I am hoping I can get this thing patched back up and that it was only me goofing with the switch which was causing the problem.

    Good times,, thanks guys.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post

    Alvaro,
    Welcome to the discussion. In it's current configuration that is what this machine is doing, all at once.

    Those two boards are stumping me, not as easy as the first few times I was troubleshooting. I think I am going to have to take each transistor off the board to isolate the problem. I hate changing components too many times on a pcb, always that chance of messing up a trace or pulling the little ring out. I am hoping I can get this thing patched back up and that it was only me goofing with the switch which was causing the problem.

    Good times,, thanks guys.
    thank you BobZilla, and good luck with the repairs!

    best

    Alvaro

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroHN View Post
    Hi guys,

    I think that the way to go is to fire all coils at the same time, with all matched transistors.

    If you fire the coils at different times you are not taking advantage of the impedance matching, let's suppose that 1 coil is 0.1 ohms, if you have 10 and fire them all at the same time you would get 0.01 ohms, if you fire them at different times it would be just like firing 1 coil... only more times x second.

    This is because of what I have read, sadly not from my own experience…. Yet…

    my 2 cents

    Alvaro
    Hi Alvaro,
    Thanks for chiming in on this. I really want people to challeng my thinking on this as it means big $$'s to match 16 instead of 4 groups of 4.

    So Alvaro with that line of thinking we should also have to match the exact length of wire with the exact same amount of twists otherwise spiky will be different. We would also have to count the exact same number of welding rods in each core for the same reason. I don't think even John has done this. If we go back and watch DVD 2 and look at the scope of his 10 coiler, we can see very clearly the timing of all the coils is not exactly precise nor are the spikes

    My thinking goes beyond just talk. I have completed the runs and do not find a difference. I tested on a 3 coil machine each coil had 2 power windings. When I matched all 6 T's there was no difference then when I had only matched 3 different groups of 2. I was really hoping there would be...

    Bob, U can change the timing of each of those coils separately and still only use one trigger.
    KR - Patrick

  9. #39
    Thank you Patrick for the welcome,

    I don't know about welding rods exactly the same and wire and all. I guess the most important is to fire them all at the same time so the event really happens in a single impulse, all windings at the same time like if it where just 1.

    At least that is what I have always read; the impedance matching, trying to be as close as possible to the primary battery impeance with the coils impedance. (all windings in parallel lower the impedance of the coils and putting batts in series as primary gets the batterys impedance higher. I have never done any experimentation about this all my builds at the moment has been basicly just 1 tranny.

    best

    Alvaro

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroHN View Post
    Thank you Patrick for the welcome,

    I don't know about welding rods exactly the same and wire and all. I guess the most important is to fire them all at the same time so the event really happens in a single impulse, all windings at the same time like if it where just 1.


    At least that is what I have always read; the impedance matching, trying to be as close as possible to the primary battery impeance with the coils impedance. (all windings in parallel lower the impedance of the coils and putting batts in series as primary gets the batterys impedance higher. I have never done any experimentation about this all my builds at the moment has been basicly just 1 tranny.

    best

    Alvaro
    agreed, however this T matching would only be beneficial per-each coil. the next coil does not care if the transistors are matched to the first coil, only that they fire at the same time. One coils transistors firing at the same time as another coils transistors has nothing to do with whether or not all 16 transistors are matched.

    I'm not doing a very good job of making a simple point i think.. maybe someone else can rephrase what I'm trying to say???? whether or not you agree with it :-)

    Patrick A.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •