Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini inverted generator mode...

Hi all,

Just thought I would post this as well... Try it and you will see is all I can say!
    This is the most efficient way of running the SG machine I have found to date...
    in place of the secondary battery you could place a capacitor instead.

-Dave Wing

I-pad loves to post images upside down from time to time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave Wing; 12-12-2014, 03:57 PM.

Hi Dave

Do you mean that one could replace the "battery that charges the primary battery" with a capacitor? And, what characteristics should one look for in regard to that capacitor? Thank you.

James
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

"First law of thermodynamics – Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change forms. In any process, the total energy of the universe remains the same. For a thermodynamic cycle the net heat supplied to the system equals the net work done by the system." http://physicsforidiots.com/physics/thermodynamics/

The circuit above proves that, in accordance to the law's of thermodynamics; Do electric motors really convert electrical or battery supplied energy into mechanical energy? What does the machine show us?

-Dave Wing
      Last edited by Dave Wing; 12-12-2014, 06:53 PM. Reason: Changes...

Comment

Regarding capacitor selection one may have to tune the system via different caps, as I do believe it to be still a tank circuit. But to answer your question any capacitor of some size should work.

-Dave Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
          Hi all,

Just thought I would post this as well... Try it and you will see is all I can say!
          This is the most efficient way of running the SG machine I have found to date...
          in place of the secondary battery you could place a capacitor instead.

-Dave Wing

I-pad loves to post images upside down from time to time.
          Try it this way, normal SSG with cap dump. This is a normal battery arrangement.

Cap is set in neg to neg mode and dumped to a charging battery .
          the added diode off the capacitors positive to the primary will charge the primary as Dave states. when you have the capacitor that is reaching much higher voltage levels due to my cap dump arrangement, this will cause your primary to run away and crystallize. Too much energy?

Click image for larger version

Name:	primary.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	46760

be careful out there folks,
          Patrick A.

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
            Try it this way, normal SSG with cap dump. This is a normal battery arrangement.

Cap is set in neg to neg mode and dumped to a charging battery .
            the added diode off the capacitors positive to the primary will charge the primary as Dave states. when you have the capacitor that is reaching much higher voltage levels due to my cap dump arrangement, this will cause your primary to run away and crystallize. Too much energy?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4233[/ATTACH]

be careful out there folks,
            Patrick A.
            This is an old drawing I left off one more diode from the trigger winding to the primary negative.

Comment

Hi Patrick

Is this your well spoken of "capacitor across the pot" way of regulation?

James
              Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

This is an old drawing I left off one more diode from the trigger winding to the primary negative.
                One should not charge and discharge a battery simultaneously. Even if you add a switch in place of the diode, which would disconnect the primary, give it a charge, then reconnect it so it can continue to run the SSG. This is not enough time for the battery. It's still better IMHO to give all the energy to a larger battery bank. Don't let me stop anyone from trying though...
                Patrick

Comment

Hi All,

Here are some results and a schematic of whats going on with me now.

-Dave Wing
                  Attached Files

Comment

The trigger winding resistors remain very cool to the touch... even while running as high as 36 volts on the primary side. That waste of energy in the trigger system has always been a sore spot with me. It appears the inverted battery has cured that problem.

-Dave Wing

Comment

any chance you could scope the "loops"

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

excited to see what you can do with generator coils

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
                          The trigger winding resistors remain very cool to the touch... even while running as high as 36 volts on the primary side. That waste of energy in the trigger system has always been a sore spot with me. It appears the inverted battery has cured that problem.

-Dave Wing
                          More research needs to be done on this claim... Not sure if it is a true statement. So please disregard.

-Dave Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                            any chance you could scope the "loops"

Tom C
                            Tom,

I will get to it hopefully today.
                            -Dave Wing

Comment

One should not charge and discharge a battery simultaneously. Even if you add a switch in place of the diode, which would disconnect the primary, give it a charge, then reconnect it so it can continue to run the SSG. This is not enough time for the battery. It's still better IMHO to give all the energy to a larger battery bank. Don't let me stop anyone from trying though...
                              Patrick
                              Patrick and All,

I see what you are saying about charging or discharging batteries with current either simultaneously or in short sucesssion... it can be done but will waste energy and eventually can and will harm the batteries. We learned that long ago.

However when considering the radiant spike, which is the high voltage spike we all know, at least those who have read the Beginners SG handbook, this spike is a longitudinal wave of pure high potential that pushes the ions in the primary battery back to the recharge position. The radiant spike flows backwards through the system down one wire (the primary positve wire) and it appears before primary coil,negative energy collapse that charges the secondary battery or capacitor system. So it does appear that we can charge and discharge the primary battery in very quick sucession, if we do it correctly... With the radiant spike!

How many types of energies are in the SG system? It seems there are at least three that I can see... The longitudinal spike, the negative energy and normal current.

Anyone have any more input?

-Dave Wing
                              Last edited by Dave Wing; 12-17-2014, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X