X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice patrick!!

Tom C
    Originally posted by min2oly View Post
    The speed running on normal and/or neg to neg SSG mode ie one 12 volt on the front and one 12 volt on the back is the same as if I run it on the differential of 12 volts or as I call it "Tesla Switch Mode" TSM. No drop in speed because the "differential" voltage on my setup does not decrease.
    Patrick

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4201[/ATTACH]Hi All,

Just thought I would share this with everyone here... As I posted it already on http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...gy-device.html

The SG machine will charge two ways with this configuration... First it captures the energy that is normally wasted from the emitter to the primary negative and secondly it also captures the negative or opposite polarity... energy across the coil. I am not sure if what I am saying is worded correctly in the proper terms... But the machine does charge the secondary battery or batteries and the emitter to ground battery as well at the same time and at good rate. This is what I have been looking for for some time... Thanks again to John Bedini for giving so much.

It is way to early in my research to honestly tell you what we have exactly with this setup... Sorry for this. Here is a picture schematic anyway.

Also you can use the standard SG instead of the brushless motor results should be the same. You can also try just one battery across the coil for a total of four batteries in the circuit. Or one may put another one in parallel with the one between the emitter and the negative of the primary battery.

-Dave Wing

Hi Dave Wing,
      You are essentially doing John's 'Inverted Circuit' by doing the SSG in the Emitter Circuit. this is in a way a Tesla Switch , as you have a 24V source Battery, why not put another one in parallel to the Battery in the Emitter circuit... in your last diagram in the post... a total of 6 Batteries now...
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
        Hi Dave Wing,
        You are essentially doing John's 'Inverted Circuit' by doing the SSG in the Emitter Circuit. this is in a way a Tesla Switch , as you have a 24V source Battery, why not put another one in parallel to the Battery in the Emitter circuit... in your last diagram in the post... a total of 6 Batteries now...
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.

Ho sorry Dave I just read it again and see that you have already done this!!!!
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
          Question:
          1) Yes I did monitor it while running and the differential decreased over time.
          2)...
          3)Vanilla SG was always faster, but recovery was never as good as GEN SG mode.

-Dave Wing
          Hi Dave and All,
          Hob shows these modes here and is a nice summary.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo1RsJ0ym2Y SSG modes COP

I saw Generator Mode done by John Bedini in his Cap Dump Vid w. Chuck Hupp here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRLVhKzamUE

I did not realize in Generator Mode, that the Charge Battery must be a higher voltage than the Run Battery, else drains trough coil and Diode as a short until voltages equal. Maybe this is which Patrick touts charging higher back end from lower voltage front end. What i did notice right away is that my SS SSG w. Patrick's CPD Mod sounded suddenly flat in firing sharpness, especially when sticking a magnet into air core to hear the speed of pulses. The range of crisp firing went lousy, firing sounded flat, and i tore apart until i realized that Gen Mode just fires flat and mushy sounding, like a flacid (edit) Vs. SSG Mode. It may charge better, but only if back-end higher voltage. I recall it made Tranis hot when pushing same Amps SSG mode liked. Mine had two, and i found balancing of trigger wiring lengths and splits matters much, per one would run hotter when pushing Amps on purpose.

Anyway, i found that a 1N4006 has a superior sounding crisp firing in Gen Mode, in the Output Diode position only, clamping diode does not care what it is. When i returned to SSG Mode, it does not matter. idk what brand these are. Glass orangish-brown color diodes from a surplus store nearby.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1N4006 Best Crisp Firing for Gen Mode .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	46758

Conversely, the hardest hitting firing i ever heard was removing the CHarge Battery and running output straight back to Run + terminal. Draws about zero Amps, does not charge, but sounds so so right. Try it and consider the four modes Hob Nilre shows in the video i linked above. Enjoy ! :-)

Ward
          Last edited by Volty; 12-11-2014, 08:00 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

Hi Ward,

Originally posted by Volty View Post

I did not realize in Generator Mode, that the Charge Battery must be a higher voltage than the Run Battery, else drains trough coil and Diode as a short until voltages equal.

Ward
            That's not entirely correct.

The charging diode will drop .5 to .6 volts and if you also use the isolation diode you'll have another .5 to .6 volts drop for a total forward drop of 1.0 to 1.2 volts. So in "charge mode" the run battery can be up to .6 volts (common ground) or in the case with the isolation diode installed up to 1.2 volts higher than the charge battery, without getting any equalization current flowing. The forward voltage drop of the p/n junctions must be overcome before any current will flow.

So if your charge battery is sitting at only 12.0 volts (totally discharged) then your run battery can have up to 13.2 volts (fully charged), without any equalization current flow if you're using the isolation diode as recommended.
            Last edited by Gary Hammond; 12-11-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
              Hi Ward,

That's not entirely correct.

The charging diode will drop .5 to .6 volts and if you also use the isolation diode you'll have another .5 to .6 volts drop for a total forward drop of 1.0 to 1.2 volts. So in "charge mode" the run battery can be up to .6 volts (common ground) or in the case with the isolation diode installed up to 1.2 volts higher than the charge battery, without getting any equalization current flowing. The forward voltage drop of the p/n junctions must be overcome before any current will flow.

So if your charge battery is sitting at only 12.0 volts (totally discharged) then your run battery can have up to 13.2 volts (fully charged), without any equalization current flow if you're using the isolation diode as recommended.

Hi Gary,

Isolation Diode eh? You mean on each paralleled Charge battery, so they may each be at different voltage levels?

If i can avoid extra isolation diodes, i will keep doing so, and save them for lead acid charging in parallel only when really different sized batteries in parallel. I mostly charge 3 cell LiPo 2200mAh 25C RC airplane packs, and i do 4 at a time parallel with no isolation diodes. I start charging the lowest ones first, and add the others in parallel as they get within 0.1V of each other, usually starting about 11.3V and finishing full at 12.7 or higher is OK with pulses too. I will try these iso' diodes here, but i love all the batteries finishing at same time and at exact same voltage, nicely balanced via radiance going through them better than DC can.

Comment

Hi Ward,

Originally posted by Volty View Post
                Hi Gary,

Isolation Diode eh? You mean on each paralleled Charge battery, so they may each be at different voltage levels?
                No. I wasn't referring to parallel arrangements, just a single lead acid run battery and single lead acid charge battery.

The isolation diode for the charge battery is between the charge battery negative and the common ground, as shown in the videos #33 and #34.

If you are using a higher voltage input (power supply) and charging lower voltage batteries, then you would be over the 1.2 voltage difference and would get the "equalizing" current flow you suggested. I wasn't thinking about that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4200[/ATTACH] looks awesome.... in the picture is what ive been doing for a while(sometimes with diode added from primary positive so all the charge goes to secondary), it really helps smaller sg's charge bigger batteries... i might have to test this new one out
                  Hi Brodie,
                  This is equivalent of the one that is shown by Dave, In fact what you have shown is the way how the JB patent 6,545,444 in the Inductive mode. (not the Cap Pulser mode), would work!
                  we were not educated on the 24V operation Pre-requisite in this topology.Thank you,
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88
                  Mo;8971222730

Comment

Hi all,

Going to start a new thread, found here... http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=2054

-Dave Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4200[/ATTACH] looks awesome.... in the picture is what ive been doing for a while(sometimes with diode added from primary positive so all the charge goes to secondary), it really helps smaller sg's charge bigger batteries... i might have to test this new one out
                      Brodie Gwilliam I have also experimented with the same circuit great minds think alike
                      The charging battery charges very fast with this circuit. This circuit is also the same as a portion of the Tri-Symetrical switch I have been experimenting with.
                      I wonder if adding cap dumping to this circuit would make it work better or worse. The cap dumping may be mixing the positive energy with the negative energy, in this circuit. So good that I am not the only one who has tried this circuit out.

Comment

Brodie,
                        Putting the inverted charge battery before the low resistance load (instead of after the emitter which is on negative side) seems to work better. Thanks

Here is what I am doing now... The primary amp draw is decreased from 1.8Amps to .8Amps doing this plus you get to charge the inverted battery with a full 1.8Amps. Even if we did not account for the readily available energy from the inverted charge battery it should be much easier to make up the .8Amp short fall via a low drag generator. I have some ideas... But will share them after I try it for myself.

-Dave Wing
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X