Core length effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core length effects

I attended the conference in 2013. Ordered the kit with coil, circuit board and electronic parts. When I came home I also ordered my own wire, coil forms and all the electronic parts. My first coil was 135 foot with 8 strands of 20 AWG (one used for the trigger) and set up a "hairball" with seven transistors. I also had layed out a circuit board for a 7 transistor. This was done on a 3.8 x 2.5 inch board (got 3 boards for under $80). Very compact, short runs and on the emitter, collector and diode outputs were on wide traces with no traces on opposite side. Trying to get the lowest line inductance.

On to the coil. My first coil was 135 foot with 8 strands of 20 AWG (one used for the trigger). The core however I cut to the length of the coil form. Mounting it horizontally to a 4x4 ft plywood with 21 magnets on a 24 inch wheel. This was done so I could mount additional coils around the perimeter of the wheel. I made a second coil but cut the welding rods into equal lengths. They were about half the length of Bedini's coil when I got it. I found that the shorter the core the faster the wheel ran and the better it charged the battery. Since my coils were mounted in a cradle they did not need the part sticking out for mounting.

I was wondering if anyone else has experimented with less core length?

there are many ways to change the SG, core length is one of them. this also affects the amount of current into the trigger winding..... if you get too little rod in the core, you will not switch the transistor, on the other side of this is that the coil may also switch a bit faster because the hysteresis is lower by having less iron in the core. your current draw may increase also, that is what I have found. you can also use other core materials like metglass.

most solid state setups use no core or a modified core to affect tuning.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
      there are many ways to change the SG, core length is one of them. this also affects the amount of current into the trigger winding..... if you get too little rod in the core, you will not switch the transistor, on the other side of this is that the coil may also switch a bit faster because the hysteresis is lower by having less iron in the core. your current draw may increase also, that is what I have found. you can also use other core materials like metglass.

most solid state setups use no core or a modified core to affect tuning.

Tom C

Hi Tom C,

A self Oscillating topology of the Radiant Oscillator (with bias resistors ) works with air core. I wonder why is it not possible to run a core less (Air core) SSG..on e thing that come s to my mind is that the coil size will have to very high so that the trigger Voltage is high enough to fire the switching...or an average sized coil triggered externally by a Pulse generator should also perform equally well.. what is the benefit of the rotor over the solid state ..is it the Scalar Field Contributing that provide a Potential Gain as opposed to that absent in the solid state mode...?
      Thanks in advance.
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

I'm going to chime in here, a long time ago I had the same question:

"if the Solid State charges faster why John Bedini focus on Rotary SSG??"

the anwser of that question is another question:

"Why John Bedini put a FAN in the SSG?????":

and third question is:

"what is missing from the SSG regarding the 1984 free energy generation???"

well... Solid state is great but you are wasting the magnetic field that is generated while you oscillate, in a rotor SSG you can use the oscillation to produce mechanical movement. So that leads to the second question, why John put a fan in his bike wheel ssg?, and what is missing from the ssg regarding the 1984 machine? well the missing thing is the low drag generator shown in the Bedini advanced handbook!.

So that's it! SS SSG can't take advantage of the mechanical energy that in a rotor SSG can be taken with gen coils.

best,

Alvaro

Comment

a rotored SG will not run like a solid state, the switching is too fast. you need the core to induce the current in the coil to turn on the transistor, which is done with the magnets on the rotor. there are lots of reasons for mechanical versus solid state, they do different things. I like the rotored SG better myself it is just my preference.

the fan was there to slow the machine down, on purpose, and to show work being done.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Fan on the shaft / Two fans on the shaft

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
            there are lots of reasons for mechanical versus solid state, they do different things. I like the rotored SG better myself it is just my preference.

the fan was there to slow the machine down, on purpose, and to show work being done.

Tom C
            Just to add to what Tom C said about the fan. Slowing down the machine a little bit by taking power from the shaft the circuit will draw less current from the input as well. And this is exactly the opposite to how a conventional motor would behave. John Bedini explains this in "Energy from the vacuum" DVD #2 on a nice monopole motor (not the bicycle wheel), loading the shaft at first with his fingers than putting a fan on it and showing the input current on the Am meter going down.
            I have seen the question asked why John uses two fans as well. My thinking is that it further loads the shaft, lessens the input current drawn from the primary, balancing the weight on the shaft and adding probably to the flywheel effect.
            This will give you better efficiency if you think about it. And it will be worth investigating how it will work on a well balanced wheel with the low drag generator coil in place.

Regards
            Lman

Comment

I thought it was unusual to take the effort to make the wheel as free spinning as possible but then attach fans. Bearing drag is linear until vibrations set in, fans are not linear in their drag.

To make the coil work with the magnet it needs the core. Less core means the field collapse is quicker producing a sharper, higher spike. I am not sure if the reverse (bounce) effect is still there but the diodes will only conduct the proper polarity to the charging battery/capacitor.

I eventually did no core but driven from a square wave signal generator. However, I did not at the time have a generator that could change the on/off time. I only had one that would do 15 percent or 50 percent on time. I found that the ideal for the coil was at a higher frequency without the core vs. with the core.

When using the magnet wheel I was wondering how much less could be used? I.e. would having a core that is 75 percent of the length be even better? Maybe a shorter core and fatter coil?

I also wonder about using the 1.618 golden ratio number in making a coil. All things to try now that winter is upon us here and inside things are all to do.
              Last edited by Kenowen; 11-24-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

So that's it! SS SSG can't take advantage of the mechanical energy that in a rotor SSG can be taken with gen coils.
                AlvaroHn
                I do not disagree with you but you do not need a mechanical wheel to take advantage of he field. I have used induction directly from the power coils in many of my setups. In this one I was just using an extra trigger wire wrapped within the coil but you can also use an external coil and it works best if you put it at 90 degrees of the first coil.

https://files.secureserver.net/0sq0finI9klsQM

That board is now running on a wheel and I am using the same wire as a genny coil from magnet induction to run a cap dump. It powers an aurduino and provides the voltage to switch some FET's.

I have not seen Peter and Aarons new book yet but I will get it soon.

Comment

Working...
                X