This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tnx tom I gueas I will have to try.

I'm going to make a bifilar and another with 4 wires. And compare.

Best

Alvaro

Comment

oh and that is a good looking rotor my friend!! nice work! here is as website on diy windmill genny it may provide some answers, especially concerning delta and wye arrangement for multiple coils.
      http://www.thediyworld.com/Windmill-...-And-Facts.php

Tom C
      Last edited by Tom C; 11-04-2014, 11:58 PM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Question for Tom or Peter

Peter used about 1000' of AWG 16 for the generator coil in his demo. Would using AWG 18 instead reduce the output significantly?

I plan to make this modification and have the AWG 18 wire on hand, but would have to order the #16 especially for this coil.

Comment

that is a real good question, there are formulas for standard generator coil winding and its output based on magnetic gauss, but I have no idea about this. perhaps Peter can chime in on this as it is his design.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by AlvaroHN View Post
            I'm making a small ssg with 1 power coil and 6 gen coils. I made the gen coils 1 fillar just 1 wire 800 turns. But they make 6 volts rectified to a cap. And I am running with 6 volts input. So I want to get more volts out of them.
            Alvaro,

If you want to do a test with the coils as is, wire 3 of the gen coils in series see what voltage you get. You might as well test that out since they're already wound. If promising, series the other 3 coils and then parallel the output of each 3 coil series set to your cap or whatever.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

I talked to Peter tonight about doing a live Q & A call for everyone that has any of the three books. We might do this Monday night - I'll post an update and will mail something.
              Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Thanks Aaron!!
                Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                  oh and that is a good looking rotor my friend!! nice work! here is as website on diy windmill genny it may provide some answers, especially concerning delta and wye arrangement for multiple coils.
                  http://www.thediyworld.com/Windmill-...-And-Facts.php

Tom C
                  Tnx tom I just read the link. the rotor was made by a friend in a lathe, too bad the magnets slots are not as perfect as I wish they where.

best

Alvaro

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                    Alvaro,

If you want to do a test with the coils as is, wire 3 of the gen coils in series see what voltage you get. You might as well test that out since they're already wound. If promising, series the other 3 coils and then parallel the output of each 3 coil series set to your cap or whatever.
                    Tnx Aaron, I will try that before I rewind the coils.

Although if multi wire series coil (like the demo coil in the book) is superior to single wire coil, I will have to change it.

I am looking forward to that Q & A session.

Aaron, by the way... once I read in your other forum that you where telling somebody that to pass energy cap to cap it would be better to do it cap-inductor-cap, do you know how much energy would be transfered ? how much %.

I ask this because I am thinking in storing the energy from my 6 gen coils in a cap, but insetead of dump that cap to a batt right away, I would dump the cap into another coil (with the pressice timing to help rotation of the wheel) with a full bridge rectifier to another cap and then yes, dump to a battery,... or perhaps that process could be done lots of times, charge a cap - discharge through a power coil - capture the spike charge a cap - and repeat etc.

what you think about it?.

best

Alvaro

Comment

Tnx Aaron, I will try that before I rewind the coils.

Although if multi wire series coil (like the demo coil in the book) is superior to single wire coil, I will have to change it.

I am looking forward to that Q & A session.

Aaron, by the way... once I read in your other forum that you where telling somebody that to pass energy cap to cap it would be better to do it cap-inductor-cap, do you know how much energy would be transfered ? how much %.

I ask this because I am thinking in storing the energy from my 6 gen coils in a cap, but insetead of dump that cap to a batt right away, I would dump the cap into another coil (with the pressice timing to help rotation of the wheel) with a full bridge rectifier to another cap and then yes, dump to a battery,... or perhaps that process could be done lots of times, charge a cap - discharge through a power coil - capture the spike charge a cap - and repeat etc.

what you think about it?.

best

Alvaro
                      If you do make 2 sets of 3 coils in series, when putting the output in parallel, probably have to go through diodes so they don't discharge into each other.

If your generator coils are charging a cap that you want to dump to a battery, I would dump it from that cap without further discharging into inductors, etc... you will have the least amount of loss that way.
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

We're looking at doing a live Q & A conference call Monday the 10th at 6pm Pacific time zone.

The phone number and conference room code will be sent out to the member's list for any of the individual books or packages relating to the Bedini SG Trilogy.
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

right on! looking forward to the call!

Comment

Hello Aaron, it will be just by phone? or online also?

Comment

Hello Aaron, it will be just by phone? or online also?
                              Just by phone. I will record it and will make it available if anyone misses it.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Thank you Aaron I appreciate it, because I am not going to be able to do it by phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X