* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bedini SG - The Complete Advanced Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    If you do make 2 sets of 3 coils in series, when putting the output in parallel, probably have to go through diodes so they don't discharge into each other.

If your generator coils are charging a cap that you want to dump to a battery, I would dump it from that cap without further discharging into inductors, etc... you will have the least amount of loss that way.
    I just made the experiment to compare single wire vs multi wire in generator coils.

I made 1 coil with single wire and 800 turns. 1 coil bifilar twisted and connected in series with 400 turns. 1 coil quadfilar twisted and connected in series with 200 turns.

I placed the three gen coils along with the motor coil. All coils out of phase. And started the machine.

All 3 gen coils gave me the same voltage. 7, 7 volts. Only with a difference of .2 volts between each other. One was 7, 5v, another was 7, 7 and the third 7, 9v.

I believe the difference is that probably I had some small difference in the air gap of coils.

So that's it. It didn't make any difference.

I got 7 volts instead of 5 volts. Because the rpm was higher. I was using 3 coils less than when I got 5 volts.

I will do what you Aaron told me to do. Connect 2 or 3 coils in series. Hope I don't get too much drag placing 3 coils facing the cores at the same time.

I have to say that the motor coil, which is a bifilar ssg circuit, is not tuned at all, in totally the opposite of been tunned, lol. Right now I don't have the tools to tune it, I am waiting for some hall sensors that I bought online to match the magnets, when I have all magnets matched I will tune it correctly. I just have 200 ohms in the base of the 2n2222, the trigger winding and the power winding have 12 ohms each (if my multimeter is correct). So I would probably will get more out of my gen coils when the ssg circuit is properly tunned. But I will put them in series anyway and work on the generator part while the hall sensors arrive.

Best

Alvaro
    Last edited by AlvaroHN; 11-06-2014 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Corrections

i believe your not supposed to twist the wires with generator coils that tesla series wound.... you should try some without the twist

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is a basic explanation of the Tesla Bifilar wiring method compared to normal:

NEOGEN_BIFILAR.jpg

That isn't discussing a generator coil but want to post that as reference.

This also isn't about generator coils, but when I used that wiring method for a Stan Meyer type circuit, I was able to get double voltage with the same input - this is an ancient picture I drew on the whiteboard that someone posted on their site:

wf_meyer_aaron_forum_coils1.jpg

Peter is swamped, but I'll point out this thread to him in case he wants to comment.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    This coming Monday the 10th at 6pm Pacific Time Zone, we're having a live Q & A call with Peter Lindemann and Aaron Murakami.

This is by invite only for those of you who have the Beginner's, Intermediate or Advanced Handbooks.

We'll be sending out the phone number and conference room ID on Sunday and Monday.

We'll be starting promptly and after the introduction and beginning announcements, we'll open up for questions.

Please review the books before the call - we only want to spend time answering questions about items that are not covered in the books.

This call could obviously go on for days but we will try to keep it to 1 to 1.5 hours at the most. We can also do other calls in the future.

Besides the books, here are some videos relating to the Bedini SG and even two on Battery Rejuvenation. After reviewing the books, these videos might answer a couple questions - in any case, they might get your own wheels spinning to stimulate some more questions!

Classic roller skate wheel SG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZ86Dqckm0

Sony Capstan motor SG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFkjTeJ4fAg

Low tech mechanical switch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plv9bb-zhj8

Winding a SG coil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUGh9v2AsuA

Building an SG kit (not currently available) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SiwHRrNISE

SG pushing the battery good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgRMnD7W278

Open gap for faster rpm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-PZiTUJZo

Battery rejuvenation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4__eH9-MXk

More battery rejuvenation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA7iA0iXuB4

Discussion on SG Trilogy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDoz5vgkTOI

Enjoy and we'll be in touch with the phone number and conference call code.

Take care,
    Aaron & Peter
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

so I just finished litzing the wire for my genny coil, it is almost 7 pounds of wire, 16 gauge x10 at 100 feet. don't put the drill on the ground without relieving the rotational tension.... it will spin the drill all over the floor and turn your nice litzed wire into a giant pretzel. luckily I have enough for another one this is a serious piece of work.!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

lol, I had the same problem the other day.

Yesterday I changed around my 6 gen coils, and put them in 3 groups of 2 in series, now I get 12 volts out of each pair, the 3 groups are out of phase.

I received a package of a laser tachometer that I bought on china (US$ 16), and did measurements of the rotor speed without gen coils, and with gen coils in place without connect, and I do lose some RPM with the gen coils in place.

It was 1950 RPM with no gen coils installed, and 1550 with the 6 gen coils in place. This little crap is going faster that I thought, probably because the small size isn't? The diameter of the rotor is 10 cm.

Today I will connect the output of the 3 pairs of gen coils to a cap, and then I have to dump it.

Can someone suggest an easy cap dump method? In the future I would buy one of the John B comparator cap dump circuits, but I have to find some other method for now. Any ideas? zener + transistor or SCR is viable? or not?. Or is better something with a 555, I have a 555 circuit that made when I was waiting for the rotor/magnets/magnet wire/etc. (But I would have to modify it since is 50% 50% duty cycle.

I have another question: can I mix in the same cap the radiant output of the ssg coil, with the output of the gen coils? or I have to use different caps and different dump cap for each?

best,

Alvaro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroHN View Post
    Yesterday I changed around my 6 gen coils, and put them in 3 groups of 2 in series, now I get 12 volts out of each pair, the 3 groups are out of phase.

I received a package of a laser tachometer that I bought on china (US$ 16), and did measurements of the rotor speed without gen coils, and with gen coils in place without connect, and I do lose some RPM with the gen coils in place.

It was 1950 RPM with no gen coils installed, and 1550 with the 6 gen coils in place. This little crap is going faster that I thought, probably because the small size isn't? The diameter of the rotor is 10 cm.

Today I will connect the output of the 3 pairs of gen coils to a cap, and then I have to dump it.

Can someone suggest an easy cap dump method? In the future I would buy one of the John B comparator cap dump circuits, but I have to find some other method for now. Any ideas? zener + transistor or SCR is viable? or not?. Or is better something with a 555, I have a 555 circuit that made when I was waiting for the rotor/magnets/magnet wire/etc. (But I would have to modify it since is 50% 50% duty cycle.

I have another question: can I mix in the same cap the radiant output of the ssg coil, with the output of the gen coils? or I have to use different caps and different dump cap for each?

best,

Alvaro
    Your RPM drop is 21%. The demo Peter showed dropped 0 RPM at the conference and before the book launch we reduced the gap by half and only lost 2%.

You have a small build so makes sense that your wheel doesn't have enough flywheel momentum to keep itself up.

With 12v from gen coil, that isn't enough with a 12v battery. You need at least 2 volts above what the battery is at.

Can you post pics of your setup?
    Aaron Murakami

Aaron my RPM drop is with no gen coils installed vs 6 gen coils installed. The RPM drop is just because of the iron cores. When I rectify the gen coils to a cap I didn't noticed any significant RPM drop.

In your demo ssg did you measure rpm without gen coil in place vs gen coil in place?

In the book says that core net drag is 0, which makes perfect sense to me. But I do loose RPM because of the core.

About the gen coils voltage: I get 12 v from each pair of gen coils but the input voltage is 5v. Yesterday I used a death battery as input standing at 9 volts under load, with that input voltage the RPM went up to 2200 and the gen coils would give 20 volts.

I'm attaching pics.

Best

Alvaro

photo1.jpg photo 2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroHN View Post
    Aaron my RPM drop is with no gen coils installed vs 6 gen coils installed. The RPM drop is just because of the iron cores. When I rectify the gen coils to a cap I didn't noticed any significant RPM drop.

In your demo ssg did you measure rpm without gen coil in place vs gen coil in place?

In the book says that core net drag is 0, which makes perfect sense to me. But I do loose RPM because of the core.

About the gen coils voltage: I get 12 v from each pair of gen coils but the input voltage is 5v. Yesterday I used a death battery as input standing at 9 volts under load, with that input voltage the RPM went up to 2200 and the gen coils would give 20 volts.

I'm attaching pics.

Best

Alvaro

photo1.jpg photo 2.jpg
    We can back the generator coil out far enough that there is no drag or ability to light the lights. The demo at the conference, we had brought the generator coil in close enough to actually light the lights, but still have 0 rpm loss. The demo in Peter's work room, the gap is 1/2 what it was at the conference and it lost 2% rpm but the lights were significantly brighter.

The magnetic field falls off according to the inverse cube law (not inverse square) - just a side note.

Make sure you're rectifying the gen coil on the correct lead - it does make a difference whether you're getting the output on the punch up or punch down.
    Aaron Murakami