This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    If you do make 2 sets of 3 coils in series, when putting the output in parallel, probably have to go through diodes so they don't discharge into each other.

If your generator coils are charging a cap that you want to dump to a battery, I would dump it from that cap without further discharging into inductors, etc... you will have the least amount of loss that way.
    I just made the experiment to compare single wire vs multi wire in generator coils.

I made 1 coil with single wire and 800 turns. 1 coil bifilar twisted and connected in series with 400 turns. 1 coil quadfilar twisted and connected in series with 200 turns.

I placed the three gen coils along with the motor coil. All coils out of phase. And started the machine.

All 3 gen coils gave me the same voltage. 7, 7 volts. Only with a difference of .2 volts between each other. One was 7, 5v, another was 7, 7 and the third 7, 9v.

I believe the difference is that probably I had some small difference in the air gap of coils.

So that's it. It didn't make any difference.

I got 7 volts instead of 5 volts. Because the rpm was higher. I was using 3 coils less than when I got 5 volts.

I will do what you Aaron told me to do. Connect 2 or 3 coils in series. Hope I don't get too much drag placing 3 coils facing the cores at the same time.

I have to say that the motor coil, which is a bifilar ssg circuit, is not tuned at all, in totally the opposite of been tunned, lol. Right now I don't have the tools to tune it, I am waiting for some hall sensors that I bought online to match the magnets, when I have all magnets matched I will tune it correctly. I just have 200 ohms in the base of the 2n2222, the trigger winding and the power winding have 12 ohms each (if my multimeter is correct). So I would probably will get more out of my gen coils when the ssg circuit is properly tunned. But I will put them in series anyway and work on the generator part while the hall sensors arrive.

Best

Alvaro
    Last edited by AlvaroHN; 11-06-2014, 11:09 PM. Reason: Corrections

Comment

i believe your not supposed to twist the wires with generator coils that tesla series wound.... you should try some without the twist

Comment

This is a basic explanation of the Tesla Bifilar wiring method compared to normal:

Click image for larger version

Name:	NEOGEN_BIFILAR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	46680

That isn't discussing a generator coil but want to post that as reference.

This also isn't about generator coils, but when I used that wiring method for a Stan Meyer type circuit, I was able to get double voltage with the same input - this is an ancient picture I drew on the whiteboard that someone posted on their site:

Name:	wf_meyer_aaron_forum_coils1.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	46681

Peter is swamped, but I'll point out this thread to him in case he wants to comment.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

This coming Monday the 10th at 6pm Pacific Time Zone, we're having a live Q & A call with Peter Lindemann and Aaron Murakami.

This is by invite only for those of you who have the Beginner's, Intermediate or Advanced Handbooks.

We'll be sending out the phone number and conference room ID on Sunday and Monday.

We'll be starting promptly and after the introduction and beginning announcements, we'll open up for questions.

Please review the books before the call - we only want to spend time answering questions about items that are not covered in the books.

This call could obviously go on for days but we will try to keep it to 1 to 1.5 hours at the most. We can also do other calls in the future.

Besides the books, here are some videos relating to the Bedini SG and even two on Battery Rejuvenation. After reviewing the books, these videos might answer a couple questions - in any case, they might get your own wheels spinning to stimulate some more questions!

Classic roller skate wheel SG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZ86Dqckm0

Sony Capstan motor SG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFkjTeJ4fAg

Low tech mechanical switch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plv9bb-zhj8

Winding a SG coil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUGh9v2AsuA

Building an SG kit (not currently available) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SiwHRrNISE

SG pushing the battery good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgRMnD7W278

Open gap for faster rpm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-PZiTUJZo

Battery rejuvenation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4__eH9-MXk

More battery rejuvenation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA7iA0iXuB4

Discussion on SG Trilogy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDoz5vgkTOI

Enjoy and we'll be in touch with the phone number and conference call code.

Take care,
          Aaron & Peter
          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

so I just finished litzing the wire for my genny coil, it is almost 7 pounds of wire, 16 gauge x10 at 100 feet. don't put the drill on the ground without relieving the rotational tension.... it will spin the drill all over the floor and turn your nice litzed wire into a giant pretzel. luckily I have enough for another one this is a serious piece of work.!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

lol, I had the same problem the other day.

Comment

Yesterday I changed around my 6 gen coils, and put them in 3 groups of 2 in series, now I get 12 volts out of each pair, the 3 groups are out of phase.

I received a package of a laser tachometer that I bought on china (US$ 16), and did measurements of the rotor speed without gen coils, and with gen coils in place without connect, and I do lose some RPM with the gen coils in place.

It was 1950 RPM with no gen coils installed, and 1550 with the 6 gen coils in place. This little crap is going faster that I thought, probably because the small size isn't? The diameter of the rotor is 10 cm.

Today I will connect the output of the 3 pairs of gen coils to a cap, and then I have to dump it.

Can someone suggest an easy cap dump method? In the future I would buy one of the John B comparator cap dump circuits, but I have to find some other method for now. Any ideas? zener + transistor or SCR is viable? or not?. Or is better something with a 555, I have a 555 circuit that made when I was waiting for the rotor/magnets/magnet wire/etc. (But I would have to modify it since is 50% 50% duty cycle.

I have another question: can I mix in the same cap the radiant output of the ssg coil, with the output of the gen coils? or I have to use different caps and different dump cap for each?

best,

Alvaro

Comment

Originally posted by AlvaroHN View Post
                  Yesterday I changed around my 6 gen coils, and put them in 3 groups of 2 in series, now I get 12 volts out of each pair, the 3 groups are out of phase.

I received a package of a laser tachometer that I bought on china (US$ 16), and did measurements of the rotor speed without gen coils, and with gen coils in place without connect, and I do lose some RPM with the gen coils in place.

It was 1950 RPM with no gen coils installed, and 1550 with the 6 gen coils in place. This little crap is going faster that I thought, probably because the small size isn't? The diameter of the rotor is 10 cm.

Today I will connect the output of the 3 pairs of gen coils to a cap, and then I have to dump it.

Can someone suggest an easy cap dump method? In the future I would buy one of the John B comparator cap dump circuits, but I have to find some other method for now. Any ideas? zener + transistor or SCR is viable? or not?. Or is better something with a 555, I have a 555 circuit that made when I was waiting for the rotor/magnets/magnet wire/etc. (But I would have to modify it since is 50% 50% duty cycle.

I have another question: can I mix in the same cap the radiant output of the ssg coil, with the output of the gen coils? or I have to use different caps and different dump cap for each?

best,

Alvaro
                  Your RPM drop is 21%. The demo Peter showed dropped 0 RPM at the conference and before the book launch we reduced the gap by half and only lost 2%.

You have a small build so makes sense that your wheel doesn't have enough flywheel momentum to keep itself up.

With 12v from gen coil, that isn't enough with a 12v battery. You need at least 2 volts above what the battery is at.

Can you post pics of your setup?
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Aaron my RPM drop is with no gen coils installed vs 6 gen coils installed. The RPM drop is just because of the iron cores. When I rectify the gen coils to a cap I didn't noticed any significant RPM drop.

In your demo ssg did you measure rpm without gen coil in place vs gen coil in place?

In the book says that core net drag is 0, which makes perfect sense to me. But I do loose RPM because of the core.

About the gen coils voltage: I get 12 v from each pair of gen coils but the input voltage is 5v. Yesterday I used a death battery as input standing at 9 volts under load, with that input voltage the RPM went up to 2200 and the gen coils would give 20 volts.

I'm attaching pics.

Best

Alvaro

Name:	photo1.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	46684 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	46685

Comment

Aaron my RPM drop is with no gen coils installed vs 6 gen coils installed. The RPM drop is just because of the iron cores. When I rectify the gen coils to a cap I didn't noticed any significant RPM drop.

In your demo ssg did you measure rpm without gen coil in place vs gen coil in place?

In the book says that core net drag is 0, which makes perfect sense to me. But I do loose RPM because of the core.

About the gen coils voltage: I get 12 v from each pair of gen coils but the input voltage is 5v. Yesterday I used a death battery as input standing at 9 volts under load, with that input voltage the RPM went up to 2200 and the gen coils would give 20 volts.

I'm attaching pics.

Best

Alvaro

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4052[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4053[/ATTACH]
                      We can back the generator coil out far enough that there is no drag or ability to light the lights. The demo at the conference, we had brought the generator coil in close enough to actually light the lights, but still have 0 rpm loss. The demo in Peter's work room, the gap is 1/2 what it was at the conference and it lost 2% rpm but the lights were significantly brighter.

The magnetic field falls off according to the inverse cube law (not inverse square) - just a side note.

Make sure you're rectifying the gen coil on the correct lead - it does make a difference whether you're getting the output on the punch up or punch down.
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

Aaron the RPM measurements that I did was with the coils unconnected to anything. That is why I say that my RPM decrease is just because of the iron core alone.

I saw in the book video preview that you did loose 5 RPM when the leds where on.

But my question is. Les say you have 356 RPM with leds off. And 351 RPM with leds on. But what is your RPM with no gen coil in the frame? Is still 356? Or more?

Best

Alvaro

Comment

Aaron and Peter congratulations on the 2 hours video of the live call, I couldn't make it and the video was very good for me, it was very interesting and also fun.

There is this subject that interested me the most, the lifepo batteries, since I was looking the other day for batteries for my little ssg with gen coils that I making (photos a couple of posts back).

The other day I got some lineal hall sensors so finally I was able to measure my magnets and match them!, now that I have them all matched, I am finally going to tune the SSG circuit, I haven't put an ammeter in the input yet because I didn't had an analog ammeter at the moment, but I bought 1 today, (I lost all my stuff from my olds SSGs).

The thing is that as my calculations I am going to need a very small battery for this. Because if a regular SSG power winding consumes 250 mA at 12V when the power winding is around 1 ohm, and since my power coil is around 12 ohms the amp draw is going to be 250mA/12 = 20 mA !!!. I hope/expect/wish that my calculations are correct, and I going to find out today.

So if my SSG circuit amp draw 20 mA, I would just need a 400mAh battery to run 20 hours.

And that became a problem, because smallest battery I could find was 12v 1ah sealed lead acid batt, which would run 20mA for days making my experimentation very long. And you said that gel cells are crap, sealed lead acid batt is the same as gel cell isn't???
                          But! on ebay there are these AA size LIFEPO4 batts rated at 3,2 volts 400 mAh, and four of those in series would make 12,8 volts 400mAh.. is perfect!

Is ok to use those batts? or they would explode?

best,

Alvaro

Comment

But my question is. Les say you have 356 RPM with leds off. And 351 RPM with leds on. But what is your RPM with no gen coil in the frame? Is still 356? Or more?
                            Depends on the gap.

At the conference, it has 0 rpm loss when the lights were on. The gap at that time was far enough away that there was no difference.

With the gap as it is now at 1/2 the gap, 2% loss in rpm with the lights on. If it is 356 with led's off with that gap, I'd estimate it might pick up another 5-10 rpm if the generator coil was completely removed.

I have some tests planned for that machine and I can measure that at that time by removing the generator coil completely.
                            Aaron Murakami

Comment

And that became a problem, because smallest battery I could find was 12v 1ah sealed lead acid batt, which would run 20mA for days making my experimentation very long. And you said that gel cells are crap, sealed lead acid batt is the same as gel cell isn't???
                              But! on ebay there are these AA size LIFEPO4 batts rated at 3,2 volts 400 mAh, and four of those in series would make 12,8 volts 400mAh.. is perfect!

Is ok to use those batts? or they would explode?

best,

Alvaro
                              The gel cells actually do work out pretty good, but just don't have the long term life. All my early experiments going back 15 years were all gel cells.

Yes, the sealed lead acids (SLA) are gel cells, but some are AGM (absorbed glass matt) and they're also a SLA. Gels and AGM are different but they're both sealed lead acids.

Yes, you can use those lifepo4's on a small build and they shouldn't explode.

This is what happens to lifepo4's in the worst case scenario - lots of vids on youtube of people testing them, shooting bullets through them, etc... they just smoke out but no flames and no explosions:

And that 250ma normal draw you quote is of course the expected draw before serious tuning. You'll be drawing less, but I bet you could get away with even less.

The demo model we show draws 1.3 amps for 7 transistors, which is only 186ma per transistor instead of 250ma - that is 25% less draw than is expected. I don't recall the resistance of the windings.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                                Here's an early preview of the press release and you can even watch a video Peter and I did that we're not releasing until tomorrow. Remember, the Advanced book won't be available on the website until tomorrow at 10am.

-------------------------

Tesla’s Technology Miniaturized And Simplified For The Masses
                                Legacy of a World-Class Inventor & Humanitarian

Spokane, Washington – November 2, 2014

Fifteen years ago, Shawnee Baughman of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho was competing for an elementary school science project and an electronics wizard happened to work in the same building as her father. She was provided with a simple schematic and a bit of coaching. With that, she went off on her own to build a little motor that spun a wheel, lit an LED light, and ran from the same 9 volt battery for the entire five days of the science fair.

Shawnee won a Blue Ribbon for the science, and a special award for Best of Show, and ever since that time, the machine has been called the “School Girl Motor” or the “Bedini SG” for short.
                                John Bedini is an internationally acclaimed audio engineer who has many claims to fame, which include developing the first solid state audio amplifiers that actually replicated the sound qualities of the old vacuum tube models. But his favorite hobby has always been the study of advanced energy conservation methods using unconventional electromagnetic principles that most engineers have never heard of.

The Bedini SG has since taken the world by storm, spreading far and wide across the internet, and allowing countless thousands of people to build their own model and study the physics involved. Just about anybody can get one to spin, but only a handful have ever achieved a level of performance that demonstrates what some would consider “free energy.”
                                Many experts claim this is impossible, but actually there are many systems that produce more work than we’re required to supply, because the excess energy is provided by the environment. A good example of this is the refrigerator. This ordinary kitchen appliance typically operates with a “coefficient of performance” of 2.0, which means that twice as much heat is removed from inside than the equivalent electricity used to do it. Most scientist believe that this kind of performance is only possible with heat systems, but John Bedini and others have demonstrated these principles with electromagnetics as well.

In 1977, Ilya Prigogine received a Nobel Prize for what is basically an extension to conventional thermodynamics, which only describe how heat operates in “closed systems.” Those are systems that are cut off from any external form of energy. Prigogine’s work helped to extend our understanding of thermodynamics to include systems that are open to the environment, which slows the appearance of entropy down and allows more total work to be done than what we have to supply. That is exactly what the Bedini SG demonstrates in a simple and most elegant way.

Several years ago, A & P Electronic Media, a digital publishing company founded by Aaron Murakami and Peter Lindemann published the first ever authoritative book on Bedini’s technology. Murakami and Lindemann have collectively known John Bedini for over 45 years and both have been personally mentored by him.

Their first book outlining the basics of this technology is Bedini SG – The Complete Beginner’s Handbook, which includes all of Bedini’s own personal specifications for building his machines, as well as an in depth explanation of the science and theory behind its operation. With this book, just about anyone can build a working model.

The second book is Bedini SG – The Complete Intermediate Handbook. It digs deeper into the theory of the technology and shows how John’s circuits act like miniaturizations of systems developed by Nikola Tesla over 120 years ago. What this process does is take the high voltage spikes from an electromagnetic oscillator and charge a capacitor with them. This capacitor is then discharged into a load, such as a lead acid battery.

Engineers are normally taught to ground these spikes out so they don’t damage other electronics on an electrical line. In fact, that is what a “surge protector” is designed to do. Through experimentation, John discovered that these electrical transients have a number of unusual characteristics. One of these benefits includes the ability to charge batteries extremely efficiently, and even revive some batteries that are considered dead.

Although many engineers claim these spikes can’t charge a battery because they are just high voltage with virtually no current, there are thousands upon thousands of global experiments being conducted with these circuits that prove otherwise. And if these spikes are used to charge a capacitor and then that capacitor is discharged into a battery, even more amazing results can be had. And this is one of the methods for using electricity that Nikola Tesla developed back in 1893. John’s circuits are literally a miniaturized version of some of Tesla’s greatest discoveries.

A & P Electronic Media has now released Bedini SG – The Complete Advanced Handbook. The finale to this paradigm-shattering trilogy teaches the reader how to convert the mechanical work produced on the wheel into even more electricity, in an extremely efficient way. As a matter of fact, it is so efficient that at the recent 2014 Energy Science & Technology Conference, Peter Lindemann was able to demonstrate how to light a large bank of LEDs to a very bright level without reflecting almost any mechanical load back to the machine.

This third book also reveals many details from John Bedini’s other related technologies, some of which have never been released or explained to the public before. In that sense, it also doubles as a tribute to his tireless contribution to the field of advanced energy research over the last four decades.

Learn more about this amazing trilogy at Bedini SG

###

I'm anixious to buy My Copy....!!!!!!
                                Rgds,
                                Faraday88.
                                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
                                X