Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bedini SG - The Complete Advanced Handbook

Brilliant! Even with a brief look over the pages and watching the video I already have some answers to questions mulling around in my head. Thanks Peter, Aaron and of course John! Also the friendly people on this forum!

Thanks to all who contributed to the new e-book. I watched the video last night, and I'll be digesting the book over the next week. I've become re-inspired to get my wheel working better.

I think the question rolling around in my mind is how much power can be squeezed from one of those generator coils? If I put the max around the wheel that I could without it "shifting gears", how big of a cap could I charge and how fast? Big enough power to charge up a laptop? Power a small TV for a bit?

And then build a circuit to auto switch the batteries from front to back....just using the continuous power from the gen coils.

Not expecting an answer...but that's what I would like to experiment with.

Amazing, this books covers most of the questions and doubts that I had, and been asking lately.

Thank you Peter, Aron and John! and all who is involved.

best,

Alvaro

Helllo does anybody knows the voltage relationship between coil turns and wires in series in a gen coil?

I'm making a small ssg with 1 power coil and 6 gen coils. I made the gen coils 1 fillar just 1 wire 800 turns. But they make 6 volts rectified to a cap. And I am running with 6 volts input. So I want to get more volts out of them.

Same wire but bifilar would be 400 turns. That would give me more volts isn't?

If that is so, does any body knows the relationship? 3 fillar in series? 4 fillar... etc. 8 fillar would be 800 turns ( since just 1 wire is 800 turns).

I wanna know if the number of wires in series is proportional to the voltage output (also inversely proportional to amps but I don't want amps).

I would connect all 6 coils in series but they are out of phase.

I'm attaching pics.

Best

Alvaro

rps20141104_235206.jpgrps20141104_235253.jpg
    Last edited by AlvaroHN; 11-04-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Adding photos

more turns higher voltage....
    the way the lindeman generator coil is wound it places all the wires in series into all areas of flux. I would think this coil would be much better than a standard coil at harvesting the induced field in the core.

this is just my opinion, I have not tried this style coil before. I am however making a kit for a customer right now. if anyone is interested in this style coil please send us an email. looks like it will be around 160 with you having to modify the spool (cut and glue) and wind it. we supply the litzed wire spool and enough rods for the core.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Tnx tom I gueas I will have to try.

I'm going to make a bifilar and another with 4 wires. And compare.

Best

Alvaro

oh and that is a good looking rotor my friend!! nice work! here is as website on diy windmill genny it may provide some answers, especially concerning delta and wye arrangement for multiple coils.
    http://www.thediyworld.com/Windmill-...-And-Facts.php

Tom C
    Last edited by Tom C; 11-04-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Question for Tom or Peter

Peter used about 1000' of AWG 16 for the generator coil in his demo. Would using AWG 18 instead reduce the output significantly?

I plan to make this modification and have the AWG 18 wire on hand, but would have to order the #16 especially for this coil.
    Gary Hammond,

that is a real good question, there are formulas for standard generator coil winding and its output based on magnetic gauss, but I have no idea about this. perhaps Peter can chime in on this as it is his design.

Tom C

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroHN View Post
    I'm making a small ssg with 1 power coil and 6 gen coils. I made the gen coils 1 fillar just 1 wire 800 turns. But they make 6 volts rectified to a cap. And I am running with 6 volts input. So I want to get more volts out of them.
    Alvaro,

If you want to do a test with the coils as is, wire 3 of the gen coils in series see what voltage you get. You might as well test that out since they're already wound. If promising, series the other 3 coils and then parallel the output of each 3 coil series set to your cap or whatever.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller