Thin Film Solar Panel Manufacturer Listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin Film Solar Panel Manufacturer Listing

Finding thin film (Amorphous, CIGS, CIS, etc) panels spec'd to the TST5 is difficult. It's been the main thing blocking me even buying a larger TST5 for my home.

So I am starting this thread in the hope we can build a list of thin film suppliers and reviews/feedback about the panels.

***an Solar js-95f-ai 95 12 26.5 19.4 6.35 ***an
    LINQUAN LQM37.9T 37.9W 12 25.6 18.7 2.66 China
    JW-Flex-34 34 12 23 19 2 Germany
    solartec S40TH 40 12 29 19 2.4 Mexico
    Unisun BX65 65 24 52.7 36.7 2.2 Germany
    AmpleSun ASF100_19 100 12 24.5 19 6.13 China
    Axuntek AR9312001 34 12 26.9 18.5 2.25 Taiwan
    Global Solar PowerFLEX 100W 100 12 23.3 17.8 6.4 USA
    Global Solar PowerFLEX 200W 200 24 46.4 36.2 6.4 USA
    MiaSole MS150GG-04 150 12 24.4 19.2 9.08 USA
    Energenx/Tesla Chargers/Teslagenx please check the spec's and advise if any are too far of spec for TST5's and I will remove them from the list.

The forum is blocking characters for the first entry. It's capital city is Tokyo so replace the *'s in the link with this country.

Xunlight modules not added until I know what's happening with the company. Seems as though they are just manufacturing from China now.
    Last edited by jelloir; 10-31-2014, 09:11 PM.

Originally posted by jelloir View Post
    CN Solar A-si 40 24 48 39.5 1.32 China
    Jelloir, Thanks for assembling this list. The 12V panel specs look good to me. If I were to remove one 24V panel, it would be the one above. While the 39V Vmp will probably work with a TST5, 36-38V is closer to ideal.

Also, one should note that with ANY solar installation the temperature extremes need to be considered. Higher temps decrease output voltages/currents, while lower temps increase output voltages/currents. If you live in a region that has temps in the -40F/-40C range, the voltage/current will actually increase by 25% over the rated specs.

Erik
    Last edited by ErikN; 10-10-2014, 10:49 PM. Reason: fixtypo

Comment

We have/had an arrangement with xunlight but they're bankrupt. The same cells can be ordered direct from China. I'm in contact with a few manufacturers there.

18.5 is optimum for the vmp, but 19 should be fine because it won't add too much heat to the heat sink for the S3A12 - that is just the issue the small unit, no fan to dissipate the heat.

The cn solar one is a bit hot. The units for that panel are in the bigger units with fans so probably not a big deal, but you have 2.5 volts over at whatever current and that determines how much heat will have to be dissipated on the heat sink. There is a fan so that is good, but best to keep as close to 37 volts as possible.

The ***anese one at 19.4 volts for the 12v 95 watt one is also a bit hot - not terribly, but you're looking at about 6 watts of non-stop excess dissipated heat or so under full sun.

For example the 34 watt German one - that is only 0.5 volts at about 2 amps for 1 watt of dissipated heat with out a fan unless you're using it on the bigger units. That isn't much and I'd be comfortable using that myself.

That is how I would analyze it anyway. Hope that helps.
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
        ***anese one
        LOL, ok, was a big copy paste of some profanity, racial slurs, etc... that were put into the admin panel - will have to fix that one.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Thanks Guys, Have removed the CN solar.

Added:

LINQUAN LQM37.9T
          Unisun BX65
          ASF100_19 (this one was via an Alibaba quote, will try and find out manufacturer etc.)

James

Comment

That one looks good that you just added, but 50 unit minimum order. Little spendy but they do roll up really tight in the pic - that's a huge plus. Definitely would want just one to test before ordering 50.
            Aaron Murakami

Comment

Are the Harbor Freight panels not a great fit? I have a 45 watt kit, and was thinking of buying two more to top off my 10 amp tracker. But if there is a drastic quality difference I will look at something on this list...

Comment

you do not want to mismatch panels, and JB recommended the HF panels to me. they are made by thunderbolt.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Yeah, the harbor freight panels are perfect for the S3A12.

Thunderbolt I think is just a name owned by Harbor Freight like Pittsburgh for the tools, etc... I think they are the ones who actually get this manufactured under all those names for their own store.

In any case, those panels are awesome if you don't need something flexible or compact.

I have 3 of those 45 watt kits - use the S3A12 with them. The charge controller that comes with it - it has a built in outlet box too, which you can still use without using their charge controller.
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Tom...i have (3) 18yr old Siemens SP series panels. Can I tie all 3 into one junction box? They do have blocking diodes. The Voc varies by 0.10 volts but rated (Vmp) is the same.

(2) 75 watts (Voc 21.7) (rated 17) (max power 75watts) @ 4.40amps
                    (1) 50 watt (Voc 21.6) (rated 17) (max power 50watts) @ 2.95amps

Bob

Comment

Thanks Tom and Aaron!

I have one right now sitting on top of the roof of my studio. I'd like to get two more, tie them all together in a junction box, and upgrade the wiring to something better. I've never done any of that so I'm going to have to read up and watch some vids.

I have been using the charge controller like you said...I am running the DC lights that came with it just off of a lawn tractor battery.

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                      Yeah, the harbor freight panels are perfect for the S3A12.

Thunderbolt I think is just a name owned by Harbor Freight like Pittsburgh for the tools, etc... I think they are the ones who actually get this manufactured under all those names for their own store.

In any case, those panels are awesome if you don't need something flexible or compact.

I have 3 of those 45 watt kits - use the S3A12 with them. The charge controller that comes with it - it has a built in outlet box too, which you can still use without using their charge controller.

Comment

Originally posted by irgreen View Post
                        Tom...i have (3) 18yr old Siemens SP series panels. Can I tie all 3 into one junction box? They do have blocking diodes. The Voc varies by 0.10 volts but rated (Vmp) is the same.

(2) 75 watts (Voc 21.7) (rated 17) (max power 75watts) @ 4.40amps
                        (1) 50 watt (Voc 21.6) (rated 17) (max power 50watts) @ 2.95amps

Bob
                        your Voc is fine, if you had one with say Voc of 22 and one with a Voc of 19, it is more troubling when panels are in series....

http://solarpanelsvenue.com/mixing-solar-panels/

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Added 18.5vmp module from Axuntek.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikN View Post
                            Jelloir, Thanks for assembling this list. The 12V panel specs look good to me. If I were to remove one 24V panel, it would be the one above. While the 39V Vmp will probably work with a TST5, 36-38V is closer to ideal.

Also, one should note that with ANY solar panels installation the temperature extremes need to be considered. Higher temps decrease output voltages/currents, while lower temps increase output voltages/currents. If you live in a region that has temps in the -40F/-40C range, the voltage/current will actually increase by 25% over the rated specs.

Erik
                            The list is pretty important for me..These panels is the green way to produce electricity and I am considering them to add on my home roof pretty soon..
                            Last edited by WillLevering; 10-19-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Aliexpress has a slightly lower current version of the LQM37.9T that can be purchased at 1 or more quantity. The LQSOLAR LQM32.5T.

Postage to AU is double the cost of the panel itself though
                              Last edited by jelloir; 10-18-2014, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X