No announcement yet.

Thin Film Solar Panel Manufacturer Listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone searching... I have finished looking through all 808 pages of https://www.renooble.com/solar-quote...y/photovoltaic and good deal of Alibaba and http://www.enfsolar.com

There is a lot of Thin Film Panels by larger and reputable companies, First Solar for example. Is it possible to put out a TST5 with higher input VMP? Say 44.4VMP for the First Solar FS-390-PLUS Panel? I am considering writing some code to crawl the websites above and produce output for a spreadsheet or database. This would show what VMP is the most common among all the manufactures of thin film panels, therefore providing Energenx some info about the best VMP to target (assuming it can easily be altered).

Frustratingly a panel showed up that looked ideal for 24V made by a US company... That company NanoSolar is now gone... Probably shouldn't have posted that, sorry folks

NS 100 B
    Peak nominal power (Pmp or pW) 220.00 (W)
    Voltage at nominal power (Vmp) 37.00 (V)
    Current at nominal power (Imp) 6.00 (A)
    Open-circuit voltage, Voc 47.40 (V)
    Short-circuit current, Isc 7.20 (A)
    Maximum System voltage, Vsys 1000 (V DC)

Comment

I contacted AmpleSun, the manufacturer of the ASF100_19 panel. They can create a 110W Amorphous panels spec'd to the TST5 12V and 24V. The price is very reasonable at $50 - $66 USD per panel dependant on number.

The main issue shipping cost. Once I work that out I hope to order a sample 110W, 18.5Vmp, 22Voc, 6Imp panel for review. If anyone knows of a cheap forwarding service I'm all ears!

Most information I googled about AmpleSun panels came back positive but I'll look further.

Comment

Originally posted by jelloir View Post
        I contacted AmpleSun, the manufacturer of the ASF100_19 panel. They can create a 110W Amorphous panels spec'd to the TST5 12V and 24V. The price is very reasonable at $50 - $66 USD per panel dependant on number.

The main issue shipping cost. Once I work that out I hope to order a sample 110W, 18.5Vmp, 22Voc, 6Imp panel for review. If anyone knows of a cheap forwarding service I'm all ears!

Most information I googled about AmpleSun panels came back positive but I'll look further.
        Where is the link to the company? I didn't see "AmpleSun" on the chart in the first post.
        Aaron Murakami

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Look now. Have added a separate link to their website before the ASF panel PDF.

James

Comment

Thanks James,

Did you see what Ample Sun is doing? If that is the same company, its a hybrid cell. Amorphous for the most part but some crystalline to get the red and infrared.

They're outperforming the normal crystalline panels - not by a huge amount but since all solar is pretty much low efficiency, any improvement is awesome - http://www.ample-sun.com/html/item/130.html

How much is shipping for one of the 100w panels? And how much is shipping for 50 panels?

Is that even the same company? I can't find any info on the 12v panels on their site.

In addition to the amorphous cell, the micromorphous cell has a tandem
            structure with an additional microcrystalline absorber.
            This layer converts the energy of the red and near infrared spectrum,
            allowing an efficiency increase of approximately 30%.
            Aaron Murakami

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Aaron, didn't know that, that's a extra point for this manufacturer! Yes it's the same manufacturer, there site just lists a standard panel I suppose. When online chatting to an Alibaba rep about the 19V panel she advised they can customize without extra cost and confirmed the TST5 based specs with an engineer whilst chatting. I asked her to quote the forwarding cost. I lost the chat history but basically it was crazy at almost $500AU for 1 sample panel. To be fair she made it clear that freight forwarding was expensive and I should look at arranging it myself.

The weight is 50KG total (30KG panel, 20KG wooden box), dimensions from memory were 1420cm, 1260cm, 6cm. I tried using DHL's website for an airfreight cost but it exceeds the max dimensions. Haven't looked much more, was planning on doing it next week.

I was looking at their site and googling and found a company that installed a 20kW AmpleSun ASF based system at a training college over the bay from me. I am tempted to pay them a visit to look at it and see how it's going a few years on. I'll be sure to post back if I do.

Last edited by jelloir; 10-26-2014, 06:27 AM. Reason: Added info about confirming tst5 based specs

Comment

I called a guy Bevan who installed this system from http://choosesolar.com.au. He had done a few other installs of these panels, he stated "they are a phenomenal bit a gear" and stated the build quality is excellent. He mentioned a 15Kw system and stated when you compare the numbers accounting for shade/cloud etc it behaves like a 30Kw Poly system.

The only reason they don't do many installs anymore is due to Poly/Mono cost changes over the last few years and said it was a shame. He even TXT'd me some pics so I have posted them here with his comments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	asf100_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	46650
                "Very Strong Frame"

Name:	asf100.jpg
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	46651
                "High Quality Finish"

He only has stock of the default 77Vmp version...
                Last edited by jelloir; 10-29-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

An update on the weight and dimensions. This is and email received from them:

"The size of the solar panel with an aluminum frame is 1106*1406*35mm, and the size of the solar panel with package is about 1420*1120*45mm.
                  The panel weight is 20.3kg, and the wooden box is about 35kg, so the total weight is about 55kg.
                  I have put pictures about package for one piece frame-less double glass solar panel before, please check."

I stated CM before which is incorrect. It's 142 x 112 x 4.5cm.

Pics provided by AmpleSolar about packaging.

Name:	package for one piece frameless solar panel.jpg
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	46652

Name:	package for one piece frameless solar panel  .jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	46653

Thanks

Comment

Another panel for research that will custom make modules spec'd to the TST5 12 and 24V. This one is a CIGS flexible panel. Currently investigating a link between Global Solar PowerFLEX and Sun Harmonics. The 200W and 100W panels are pretty close to TST5 already if you look at the Global Solar PDF.

Sun Harmonics quoted $3/watt which is more expensive however they are flexible meaning lower install costs with better efficiency

Global Solar are US based which could be beneficial to some of you.

Name:	6Mstring.jpg
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	46667
                    Last edited by jelloir; 10-31-2014, 04:09 AM. Reason: Added image

Comment

Edit:

Response from Sun Harmonics. If anyone knows how much they are in the US from Global Solar please post back.

Our spot goods are Global solar's products. At present our spot goods are 90W/250W/275W in warehouse. Your prefer 100w and 200w, we can supply also. But we need some days to process. Please tell me your quantities about 100w and 200w, then we can give the quotation. Waiting for your reply.

/Edit

Received some pics from Sun Harmonics. Certainly look like the Global Solar Powerflex panels

Name:	sh4.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	46668

Name:	sh3.jpg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	46669

Name:	sh2.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	46670

Name:	sh1.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	46671
                      Last edited by jelloir; 10-31-2014, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Another manufacturer MiaSolé for the list:

I was looking at Hanergy and their recent acquisitions of CIGS manufacturers MiaSolé, Q-cells, AltaDevices and Global Solar. So at least these companies stand a chance of being around long term to support their warranties.

Anyway one of the panels MS150GG-04 is close to the specs for the TST5. Have added to the list.

Comment

Low Light Performance

I have been liaising with Sun Harmonics to organise some samples of the 100W panels. Could someone with more knowledge explain in real world terms the Low Light Performance of these panels. From what I can understand a Poly/Mono crystalline panel's power drops right off at about 800W/m2, whereas these panels are still 91 percent efficient at as low as 200W/m2 which seems pretty awesome (see image below).

Name:	lowlighteffiency.jpg
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	46879

The Miasole products also look really good, but I'm having difficulties getting information from these guys which has left me a little flat about dealing with them. Apparently the Tesla Motor company is/will be using Miasole products for their charge stations.

James
                          Last edited by jelloir; 01-26-2015, 11:47 PM. Reason: Info about Tesla Motor and Miasole

Comment

Hi Everyone, Just found that Hanergy is now on Alibaba and selling the Global Solar and Miasole ranges which is good! They have all their other "thin film" aquired companies on there as well.

So this looks very promising as a reliable supplier of Thin Film panels!

http://hanergy.en.alibaba.com

I am doing my own research into pricing etc but if anyone gets panels for a TST5 please be sure to post a review on the forum. I'm looking at the 100W Global Solar CIGS.

James

Comment

God Dammit!

http://www.afr.com/markets/cult-blog...0150525-gh8r1j

So Hanergy buys up most of the thin film market and now they are taking a dive. This stinks of suppression.

With the impending crash in China (and the US) this does not bode well. I'm totally sick of this greed and insanity with money. The world could vastly different if not for the greedy *******s that feel they need to subjugate and suppress us. Sorry but it bothers me a lot.

Anyway, if people do decide to purchase from Hanergy, tread carefully.

James

Comment

wow! I had been trying to get a hold of a sales rep directly, it was impossible. they would not answer a phone call from us, or emails, and logging in with Alibaba account to speak with them had the same results, they saw where I was from and said adios. I think they knew something was up, and did not want to hang another vendor out to dry. my impression is that there is a shakedown happening in the solar markets right now, firms are consolidating their grip and dishonest people are taking the money and running. this is the third thin film amorphous solar company to go belly up in the last 2 years.

tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                                X