* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thin Film Solar Panel Manufacturer Listing

Thanks Tom and Aaron!

I have one right now sitting on top of the roof of my studio. I'd like to get two more, tie them all together in a junction box, and upgrade the wiring to something better. I've never done any of that so I'm going to have to read up and watch some vids.

I have been using the charge controller like you said...I am running the DC lights that came with it just off of a lawn tractor battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Yeah, the harbor freight panels are perfect for the S3A12.

Thunderbolt I think is just a name owned by Harbor Freight like Pittsburgh for the tools, etc... I think they are the ones who actually get this manufactured under all those names for their own store.

In any case, those panels are awesome if you don't need something flexible or compact.

I have 3 of those 45 watt kits - use the S3A12 with them. The charge controller that comes with it - it has a built in outlet box too, which you can still use without using their charge controller.

Quote Originally Posted by irgreen View Post
    Tom...i have (3) 18yr old Siemens SP series panels. Can I tie all 3 into one junction box? They do have blocking diodes. The Voc varies by 0.10 volts but rated (Vmp) is the same.

(2) 75 watts (Voc 21.7) (rated 17) (max power 75watts) @ 4.40amps
    (1) 50 watt (Voc 21.6) (rated 17) (max power 50watts) @ 2.95amps

Bob
    your Voc is fine, if you had one with say Voc of 22 and one with a Voc of 19, it is more troubling when panels are in series....

http://solarpanelsvenue.com/mixing-solar-panels/

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Added 18.5vmp module from Axuntek.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikN View Post
    Jelloir, Thanks for assembling this list. The 12V panel specs look good to me. If I were to remove one 24V panel, it would be the one above. While the 39V Vmp will probably work with a TST5, 36-38V is closer to ideal.

Also, one should note that with ANY solar panels installation the temperature extremes need to be considered. Higher temps decrease output voltages/currents, while lower temps increase output voltages/currents. If you live in a region that has temps in the -40F/-40C range, the voltage/current will actually increase by 25% over the rated specs.

Erik
    The list is pretty important for me..These panels is the green way to produce electricity and I am considering them to add on my home roof pretty soon..
    Last edited by WillLevering; 10-19-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Aliexpress has a slightly lower current version of the LQM37.9T that can be purchased at 1 or more quantity. The LQSOLAR LQM32.5T.

Postage to AU is double the cost of the panel itself though
    Last edited by jelloir; 10-18-2014 at 07:49 AM.

For anyone searching... I have finished looking through all 808 pages of https://www.renooble.com/solar-quote...y/photovoltaic and good deal of Alibaba and http://www.enfsolar.com

There is a lot of Thin Film Panels by larger and reputable companies, First Solar for example. Is it possible to put out a TST5 with higher input VMP? Say 44.4VMP for the First Solar FS-390-PLUS Panel? I am considering writing some code to crawl the websites above and produce output for a spreadsheet or database. This would show what VMP is the most common among all the manufactures of thin film panels, therefore providing Energenx some info about the best VMP to target (assuming it can easily be altered).

Frustratingly a panel showed up that looked ideal for 24V made by a US company... That company NanoSolar is now gone... Probably shouldn't have posted that, sorry folks

NS 100 B
    Peak nominal power (Pmp or pW) 220.00 (W)
    Voltage at nominal power (Vmp) 37.00 (V)
    Current at nominal power (Imp) 6.00 (A)
    Open-circuit voltage, Voc 47.40 (V)
    Short-circuit current, Isc 7.20 (A)
    Maximum System voltage, Vsys 1000 (V DC)

I contacted AmpleSun, the manufacturer of the ASF100_19 panel. They can create a 110W Amorphous panels spec'd to the TST5 12V and 24V. The price is very reasonable at $50 - $66 USD per panel dependant on number.

The main issue shipping cost. Once I work that out I hope to order a sample 110W, 18.5Vmp, 22Voc, 6Imp panel for review. If anyone knows of a cheap forwarding service I'm all ears!

Most information I googled about AmpleSun panels came back positive but I'll look further.

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jelloir View Post
    I contacted AmpleSun, the manufacturer of the ASF100_19 panel. They can create a 110W Amorphous panels spec'd to the TST5 12V and 24V. The price is very reasonable at $50 - $66 USD per panel dependant on number.

The main issue shipping cost. Once I work that out I hope to order a sample 110W, 18.5Vmp, 22Voc, 6Imp panel for review. If anyone knows of a cheap forwarding service I'm all ears!

Most information I googled about AmpleSun panels came back positive but I'll look further.
    Where is the link to the company? I didn't see "AmpleSun" on the chart in the first post.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Hi Aaron,

Look now. Have added a separate link to their website before the ASF panel PDF.

James

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks James,

Did you see what Ample Sun is doing? If that is the same company, its a hybrid cell. Amorphous for the most part but some crystalline to get the red and infrared.

They're outperforming the normal crystalline panels - not by a huge amount but since all solar is pretty much low efficiency, any improvement is awesome - http://www.ample-sun.com/html/item/130.html

How much is shipping for one of the 100w panels? And how much is shipping for 50 panels?

Is that even the same company? I can't find any info on the 12v panels on their site.

In addition to the amorphous cell, the micromorphous cell has a tandem
    structure with an additional microcrystalline absorber.
    This layer converts the energy of the red and near infrared spectrum,
    allowing an efficiency increase of approximately 30%.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller