Simple Cap Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Patrick,
    can you please upload the drawing here again? It seems like I don't have access to the old forum.
    Thanks
    Thorsten

Comment

Theunis- I added the FWBR this morning but still had the same results. Hot transistor, and the secondary topped out at 12.9v and hung there while the primary depleted.

Patrick- Thanks for the comparator schematic. I've been looking for that! That seems to be the best solution. Have you messed with the comparator much? Any tips?

-Woody
      "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten View Post
        Hi Patrick,
        can you please upload the drawing here again? It seems like I don't have access to the old forum.
        Thanks
        Thorsten
        The best notes on it are JB's comments. If you start here, you should do just fine.

At the time, so many experts were having a difficult time with the ckt that I didn't even bother. We did make it later on, I don't think I ever worked hard enough on it or didn't get the right cap to match my load, pure radiant still works better for my charging so far. However, the wheel spins more freely with the cap... genny coil/cap dump to "third battery".... just need to get the right combo, yes??
        Kind Regards,
        Patrick

Comment

Hi Woody

Sorry bud, that circuit is the way I have used it, (but as I said this is not a reliable circuit have toasted a couple of trannys,)

This circuit posted by RS, I build and is working just fine for me.

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post4869

This is the components changed to get it to work.

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post5398

If someone can suggest some fine tuning to it please do.

Thanks

Theunis
          Hey !
          WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
          JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

Thanks for your help Theunis. I must be doing something wrong. I think I'll focus on the comparator and try to get that working.

Patrick- Yeah, straight radiant has worked best for me so far. I really want to get a good regauging mechanism functioning for battery swapping. That seems to be critical if one expects to ever apply this to powering anything large like a house.

-Woody
            "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

Woody

I know the feeling, you need something reliable that you can build on.

This comparator was part of the Ferris wheel thread (JB, JohnK, RS_ and others worked on), (here is the link that Patrick posted earlier), maybe a good idea to look it up and just follow it for awhile, (It is what I am doing now, not being part of the Yahoo groups and wanting as much information as possible) There could be some info there that can tweak this CPD unit a bit more.

Bedini Ferris Wheel Regauging Motor - Page 56

I am running the comparator from a 50 watt solar panel, (what a learning curve !) Dumping a total of 62 000uF cap up to 6-7Hz (in full sunlight) just looks like a wiggel on the scope across the cap.

@all
              I have a 5 amp fuse and 13 200 uF caps on the supply from the 50 watt solar panel, if I ad another 47 000 uF cap to the comparator ( a total of 109 k uF), the 5 amp fuse blows, Why?

Where does the power come from to blow the fuse, this panel is a 2.4 amp panel?

Theunis
              Last edited by Prinsloo; 02-08-2013, 12:07 AM.
              Hey !
              WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
              JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

Working...
              X