ID:	51171 Click image for larger version

Name:	small-coil-closeup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	51172

Close-up of photo on left
    Same photo as on the left above, but you can zoom a little

Close-up of the actual circuit
    Wiring has since been upgraded. All I did was replace some wires with beefier ones, and it DID help A LOT.

VIDEO 1
    Video with tour of the setup - bedini setup for the first part

VIDEO 2
    ... picks up at the bridge rectifiers I am running as my load

This version of my Bedini motor was built inspired by John's 1984 book and the very simple principal of using a DC motor and the mechanical advantage of a flywheel to spin some magnets near some coils in order to pickup or regain more energy than required to run it. This fit in well with the 3 stacked magnet setup I used on my wheel; the weight must have added up to make my wheel act like a flywheel. The reason I stacked 3 magnets was simply because thats where the gap fell on my coil mount, 3 magnets high.

HERE IS THE SETUP:

PARTS:

Front plastic 5 spoke mag wheel from a Mongoose 20 inch BMX bicycle

15 stacks of 3 of the ripoff shack magnets - one of the magnets is in the channel of the rim and 2 are perpendicular(easier to mount - rim is plastic)

2 bifilar coils of 24/20 magnet wire - 1 pound of 20awg then 24awg to match lengthwise

1 bifilar coil of 24 awg at about 450 turns - I THINK, it might be more but I want to try to get 2 or 3 of the bigger coils running so I am not overly worried about this one

2 - 50 volt, 4 amp bridge rectifiers from ripoff shack.

2 - 12 volt batteries - EverStart U1-7

Bedini Circuit:
    2n3055 transistor
    1n4001 diode
    1n4007 diode
    470 ohm resistor
    X crappy 1k variable resistor didnt do squat - so its bypassed
    neon bulb - 90 plus volts
    2 - 18 inch lengths of 12awg wire for the battery wires.
    3 - jumper wires made from 4-6 inch pieces of 20awg wire
    3 multimeters for reading the input and output currents.
    misc alligator clips for holding things together

SETUP:

The Bedini motor is a standard 2 battery Bedini motor with NO cap. I am using the 2 - 12 volt batteries to run it, they were bought at the same time, have 1 digit serial # difference, and both measured 12.6 volts when I got them.The circuit is built with the parts listed above, and the smallest guage wire in it is the 24 awg trigger wire.

So the Bedini motor part is a standard Bedini setup, I am using the two 12 volt batteries and it is running right now with this load of the 2 extra coils at 225 RPM with an input amp draw of 304 milliamps, and an output current of 81 milliamps.

The 2 pickup coils are simply bifilar coils with the ends twisted together so that the 2 wires are connected at each of the ends, and the 2 ends are connected to the AC posts of a bridge rectifier, with the DC posts of the bridge rectifier running to a multimeter.

This is my setup, and I am seeing a higher total output than the input, and thats measured at the source and destination with the meters being connected directly to the batteries for the Bedini setup, and the extra coils are connected to a bridge rectifier, then directly to another multimeter in parallel.

MY CONCLUSION:
    I tried calculating the power in wattage and theres no OU.. But strictly at the current level, I am moving more electrons at the output then I am at the intput. I would ask if anyone could suggest ways for me to dump that low potential current into my 12 volt charge battery? I am new to all this lol
    Last edited by Rit_Man; 10-07-2014, 02:31 PM.

cool vids! what do you have hooked up off ur bridge rectifiers as a load? I mean what is the 237 mA flowing into? re you getting that off 1 of then gen coils or both? would be cool to see what happens to the input current and rpm with the gen coils are loaded and then unloaded

Comment

I am figuring by going into the meter, the voltage from the bridges must be the same as a dead short? So around zero volts according to the stuff I been studying tonight? When I spin my wheel as fast as I can by hand, I can get 3 volts into any of the small caps I am (experimentally) outputting to. I am thinking of a cap bank that fires when it hits say 12 volts. I havent worked much with caps yet. I did have some interesting results when I ran the coil output without a bridge rectifier to an AC cap I bought by accident and did that for fun.

I will make some more videos as soon as I figure out why they arent in HD. I put this up figuring people would have a bunch of coils lying around to try to do it themselves... one thing to note, I have to spin it up to speed myself to get the OU effect.
      Last edited by Rit_Man; 10-06-2014, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I am assuming its the weight that is what is giving me my results, so I am throwing some more weight on the wheel via more ceramic magnets, then will check if I can add more bridge setups. If so, I will get 4 or 5 2.7v 5 farad supercaps(I have 25 on the way) then figure out how to charge them from the bridges in paralell, then discharge them in series so I can dump it into my charge battery

I ordered 20 - 3.2 volt LiFePO4 750mah tengen batteries and cant wait to try running 10 each in series as 32 volt run and charge batteries. These things are supposed to be able to to charge and recharge at the same time so I am definitely going to check that claim out.

Comment

you cannot pulse charge a lifepo4, it turns it into a baby rattle.... you need a linear regulator to turn the pulses into pure DC.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Tom do you know how long it takes for a LifePO4 to do that?

I ask because I have been testing some 20AH 4 cell series packs and so far no issues but I have only put about 10 cycles on it. I did a few on a my old teslagenx experimemter board with the small coil in mode one, some on that FET coil shorting board I built.

I have also used my tracker 5 and I have to admit that is the best so far, these things really like current for sure. I am currently trying some gen mode runs on a 2 coil machine, no dump just right off the wheel.

So far I am leaning towards saying that although you can charge them in mode one it is not the best option. My efficiency was no where close to what I get on the same type of run with LA but it did charge them up. I did some CBA discharge runs and got 19.5AH back out but probably used three times that to get it in.

I am still trying different settings and machines so not conclusive but I am curious about your experience with mucking this chemistry up? Your talking mode one or are you talking about dump pulses? Any info you could share would be appreciated since I am experimenting with this chemistry.

Comment

last time I was at John's shop he showed me a couple that had done that. he did not tell me how many cycles he had put them thru, I assume it was either mode one or cap dump. gen mode is still pulse also. he just said it was pulse charging that had done it. they really like pure DC. it may take months. it would be interesting, although expensive to charge cycle them and see when they start degrading.

Tom C

Comment

http://www.batterystuff.com/blog/can...y-shorai-.html shorai batteries are lithium, they say do not use a pulse charger on them. about half way down in the article.

Tom C

Comment

Tom you may have just saved me about 400 bucks!

I love these batteries but I think from now on I will only charge them with the tracker 5 and then use them as primaries or just run loads with them.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X