John K's Superpole Bike Wheel SSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi JohnK

Those caps are HUGE ! ! ! on the " FLUX CAP CHARGER " bet you can arc-weld smaller batteries plates together with it,

how big are they?

Theunis
    Hey !
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
    JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by citfta View Post
      Your wave does NOT begin in the wrong direction. If your scope is connected from the collector to the emitter you should see exactly what you are seeing. Where in the circuit you connect the scope will change what you see. Why will you not take the advice of several people that have told you to forget the scope? They are all giving you good advice. I personally have worked in electronics for over 50 years and you don't want to accept what I told you before. Forget the scope and tune for the best speed to current ratio. That is all you need to do.

Carroll
      Hi Carroll,
      i take of course all this advices,but i thought i have something wrong.I let it run and see whats going on.
      Thanks for all

Comment

• Originally posted by Prinsloo View Post
        Hi JohnK

Those caps are HUGE ! ! ! on the " FLUX CAP CHARGER " bet you can arc-weld smaller batteries plates together with it,

how big are they?

Theunis
        Hey Theunis,

They are 15,000uF 80V each. I haven't dared tried the comparator on smaller batteries - don't like the idea of lead-acid grenades

John K.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
          Hey Theunis,

They are 15,000uF 80V each. I haven't dared tried the comparator on smaller batteries - don't like the idea of lead-acid grenades

John K.
          Yup! That would ruin your day...

I just looked at the new TeslagenX site, Very nice!
          It says the big comparator is only for twelve volts. Is that just a min or is it still adjustable.

Les

Never mind... I just looked again and it said adjustable.
          Last edited by LesK; 01-08-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
            Hey Theunis,

John K.
            Hey John,

Any idea when this Comparator will be available for purchase?

Also, what sort of capacitance ranges will it support? I have 22000uF @ 75v on the back end of my device atm, which I am sure will be fine. But I recently acquired a bunch of Ultra Capacitors, Ive been considering testing them out for kicks. Caps are 3000F @ 2.8v, and I have 6 in series to reach a reasonable voltage range. I have a feeling they will take forever to charge up but.....

Maybe I should ask that again. What sort of amperage will the FETs/relays be capable of?

Cheers

Ren
            Last edited by Ren; 01-09-2013, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ren View Post
              Hey John,

Any idea when this Comparator will be available for purchase?

Also, what sort of capacitance ranges will it support? I have 22000uF @ 75v on the back end of my device atm, which I am sure will be fine. But I recently acquired a bunch of Ultra Capacitors, Ive been considering testing them out for kicks. Caps are 3000F @ 2.8v, and I have 6 in series to reach a reasonable voltage range. I have a feeling they will take forever to charge up but.....

Maybe I should ask that again. What sort of amperage will the FETs/relays be capable of?

Cheers

Ren
              Hey Ren,

I spoke to JB this morning about it. We are just finalising pricing and they should be available to order next week.

I can't say too much about the circuit but I can say that the devices are rated at 280W and there are 5 of them, so that gives you an idea of how much power the comparator can handle. This thing does not goof around

John K.

Comment

• Hi JohnK

Thanks for the feedback, (real monsters I might ad !),

John what is the currant draw on your 10 coiler and how long does it take to charge one of those batteries. ( what are they L16's )

I think the big question is, is the " FLUX CAP CHARGER " available in different models?,

For example: with different cap values for different battery banks sizes or will there only be 1 model?

Theunis
                Hey !
                WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !

Comment

• Originally posted by Prinsloo View Post
                  Hi JohnK

Thanks for the feedback, (real monsters I might ad !),

John what is the currant draw on your 10 coiler and how long does it take to charge one of those batteries. ( what are they L16's )

I think the big question is, is the " FLUX CAP CHARGER " available in different models?,

For example: with different cap values for different battery banks sizes or will there only be 1 model?

Theunis
                  Hey Theunis,

The current draw on the 10 coiler is 4.5A when running on 12v. At the moment I'm rejuvenating those batteries (Trojan SCS225 130Ah Marine Deep Cycle) and it's taking around 10-12 hours depending on the battery. I'm only taking them down to 12.0v until the capacity recovers a little more.

In answer to your big question, I can confirm that JB will be making a smaller comparator to suit smaller SG's and smaller batteries. Not sure what the details are right now, but it will probably not be available until some time in February.

John K.

Comment

• Thanks for the feed back,

Thanks JK

Thanks for the feed back,

Are you guys getting the heat waves we are getting here in SA as well, need to get a BIG SSG with a BIG fan !

Theunis
                    Hey !

Comment

• Originally posted by LesK View Post
                      Yup! That would ruin your day...

I just looked at the new TeslagenX site, Very nice!
                      It says the big comparator is only for twelve volts. Is that just a min or is it still adjustable.

Les

Never mind... I just looked again and it said adjustable.
                      yes its adjustable, from the standpoint of pulse discharge. so a higher primary voltage will allow it to discharge faster. JB will give us the final spec's when he has a chance.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Johh K., is there are a way to add the output from several single coil radiant SG circuits? I have built 4 single coil SS SSG circuits. When I connect the output from 1 to a cap with a microwave oven bulb (110V), the voltage I get is say 45V. The bulb is about half brightness. If I add another separate SS SSG output to that cap, the voltage goes up 5V. If I hook that second SG to the cap alone, I get the same results as just the first circuit alone. My idea is to add several SS SSG to work on a really large battery. I hope to reduce the amount of time to recover my group 31 truck batteries.

BTW, the coils that I am using came from 2 salvaged wheelchair battery chargers!! Each charger had two very good coils. I have access to bux11 transistors. Man, they are great. I get no heat on the transistor even at 1.7A circuit draw.

Thanks for all your help and this is a great forum!!
                        Tony
                        I believe in the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Comment

• Hi Tony,

I have seen JB do this but have not experimented with it myself. Are you dumping the cap into the microwave oven bulb?

Have you tried combining all 4 coils together to make 1 master coil and 3 slave coils?

John K.

Comment

• John, I have the SG output connected to a cap instead of a battery. At the same time, I have the light connected to the cap.

I don't want to destroy these 4 coils to make 1 circuit. However, I do plan to build a multi-strand coil as you suggest, from different material. Money is tight, so I'll have to wait until I can get the wire to make the multi-strand coil.

Can you please do a simple experiment or ask JB, how to add these coils' output? Everything I've tried doesn't work.

Thanks for your help!
                            Tony

Comment

• Hi Tony,

I'm not sure that having a bulb across the cap is the best way to test this. I'm also not sure that combining the outputs is the best way to go either. The reason being that each of your four circuits will be running at different frequencies, so there is a probability that one is cancelling the output of another out.

Just my thoughts, I'd welcome input from any of the other experienced guys on this.

In my opinion it would be best to build a multii coil machine to increase your output, but then you need to make sure that your coils and transistors are matched for all the components to work in harmony.

John K.

Comment

• Thanks, John for that answer. I am thinking on it and plan to make a multistrand coil next.

In the meantime, I have another question. If I picture the battery plates being "pinged" by the pulses from the coil, I can mentally see that those impulses are causing the sulfation to fall off piece by little piece. If we could somehow cause the pings to be at the resonant frequency of those plates, the desulfation process should accelerate. If my mental picture is correct, how can we get the pulses to "tune" to the natural frequency of the battery plates?

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X