John K's Superpole Bike Wheel SSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John K,

Thanks for sharing this, it is very interesting to see the results.

Nice build, well presented, very informative, clear and concise.

Keep up the good work its inspiring me to push on with some stalled experiments.

Regards,
    David Brown.
    KEEP ER LIT, NEVER GIVE UP.

Comment

Greetings John, what do you use to re-charge the primary batteries?

Comment

William, I use one of these http://www.energyscienceforum.com/te...juvenator.html

John K.

Comment

Just a clarification request

Hi John,

In one of your earlier videos in this thread you showed a close-up shot of your circuit board and then said you were using the "branch currents which John Bedini mentioned". So if I understand this correctly, instead of grouping the transistor outputs to one larger gauge wire and then splitting that up for the batteries - you just kept the wires coming off of the transistors separate from each other and went directly to the Charging Batteries. Sound right? That would appear to be a more clean way of distributing the pulses. Very nice work by the way.

Cheers,

Col

Comment

Col, yes that is correct.

John K.

Comment

John.K would it be possible to use one of the coil windings as a node and using that power back into the system to ramp it up?

George N.

Comment

And John,
                just to clarify. If done this way with branches there is no need to match the collector diodes or the transistors or really anything because everything is pulsing separately. Or do I have that wrong?
                howard

Comment

Originally posted by Georgey Nico View Post
                  John.K would it be possible to use one of the coil windings as a node and using that power back into the system to ramp it up?

George N.
                  George, yes but not directly. You have to charge up a cap to convert the energy and then you can dump the cap back to the primary battery in between motor pulses

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Wetsman View Post
                    And John,
                    just to clarify. If done this way with branches there is no need to match the collector diodes or the transistors or really anything because everything is pulsing separately. Or do I have that wrong?
                    howard
                    Howard, no I would still match everything. You still want all the transistors to fire at the same time.

I did a video the other day but haven't uploaded it yet. Anyway, in that video you will see that I accidentally removed one of the wires to the positive of one of the batteries (actually the clip lead got eaten up by the acid and it disconnected itself) and the neon on that transistor did not come on. I suppose that the other 3 batteries simply took all the energy.

If that's the case it means you wouldn't need to stop the machine to take off a charged battery and replace it with one that needs charging as long as you have at least one battery on the output.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                      Howard, no I would still match everything. You still want all the transistors to fire at the same time.

I did a video the other day but haven't uploaded it yet. Anyway, in that video you will see that I accidentally removed one of the wires to the positive of one of the batteries (actually the clip lead got eaten up by the acid and it disconnected itself) and the neon on that transistor did not come on. I suppose that the other 3 batteries simply took all the energy.

If that's the case it means you wouldn't need to stop the machine to take off a charged battery and replace it with one that needs charging as long as you have at least one battery on the output.

John K.
                      That's the beauty of the transformer :-)
                      I remember when you had me do that experiment 2 years ago with a trifiler coil vs Ricks 3PM kit...
                      Oh the memories

Thanks - Patrick A.

Comment

Another update on the hybrid batteries

OK, so I stopped charging the 4 converted "gel-acid" batteries after 90 hours and let them rest for about a day.

I load tested Battery 1 at the C20 rate of 0.35A, this is the one where the gel was forcing itself out where the positive terminal goes into the case. You can see by the graph that the battery died pretty quickly at the 0.6Ah mark. Note that the battery is still soaking up the acid, so I probably should've followed John B's instructions of waiting until the battery had finished soaking it up before charging. (Sorry for the zip files, but the max file size for pdf files is 19.2KB)
                        Gel-Acid B1_T1.zip

I then loaded Battery 2 at 0.35A as well. This one started out a lower voltage of 9.63V so I decided to load in down to 0V to see what would happen. You can see in the graph when the cells give up. This one I got 1.46Ah out of, but I did take it to 0V.
                        Gel-Acid B2_T1.zip

John K.

Comment

Hi john, I noticed while doing the last 20 runs on the 5ah batteries that a charging wall of around 14.3 volts occured and don't know why. What i did to get over this hump was to put some 3/4 " iron pipe elbows near the coil base and the charge immediately picked up to go over 14.5 volts. I do not know why this phenomenon occurs but it does work. I later tried and completly surrounded the coil with a large piece of pipe split in two to perhaps increase this effect and there was non....and actually made things worse. I know something is going on but what I have not figured it out yet. I saw your steel flange on both sides of the coil and on JB's big wheel also. I will be trying a conical shaped piece next to see what gives.

I find that it is much easier to experiment with the small ssg first and then scale things up later.

Bud
                          Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

John,
                            Let me ask you about your West Mountain CBA III. I'm checking it out now but mine seems to be acting funny. Have you ever had it say it's drawing at a certain amperage and it not seem to be drawing down the battery as you'd expect at that amperage?
                            thanks,
                            howard

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Wetsman View Post
                              John,
                              Let me ask you about your West Mountain CBA III. I'm checking it out now but mine seems to be acting funny. Have you ever had it say it's drawing at a certain amperage and it not seem to be drawing down the battery as you'd expect at that amperage?
                              thanks,
                              howard
                              Howard, yes I've seen this. The first time I saw it I freaked out because the machine said I was getting heaps of power and the battery wasn't going down! Unfortunately, it's usually a result of (ahem) connecting up the battery backwards and blowing the fuse inside the CBA III. If you open up the unit you'll see a blade type fuse which is probably blown. Replace the fuse with a similar one and you should be good to go.

This is CBA's idea of reverse polarity protection

John K.

Comment

John,
                                Thanks. That's exactly what happened, probably. Ahem, is right. Got to get some more red and black alligator clips. I was using a green one for the positive and it looked black.
                                thanks,
                                h

Comment

Working...
                                X