* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: John K's Superpole Bike Wheel SSG

Hi JohnK

Those caps are HUGE ! ! ! on the " FLUX CAP CHARGER " bet you can arc-weld smaller batteries plates together with it,

how big are they?

Theunis
    Hey !
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
    JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Quote Originally Posted by citfta View Post
    Your wave does NOT begin in the wrong direction. If your scope is connected from the collector to the emitter you should see exactly what you are seeing. Where in the circuit you connect the scope will change what you see. Why will you not take the advice of several people that have told you to forget the scope? They are all giving you good advice. I personally have worked in electronics for over 50 years and you don't want to accept what I told you before. Forget the scope and tune for the best speed to current ratio. That is all you need to do.

Carroll
    Hi Carroll,
    i take of course all this advices,but i thought i have something wrong.I let it run and see whats going on.
    Thanks for all

Quote Originally Posted by Prinsloo View Post
    Hi JohnK

Those caps are HUGE ! ! ! on the " FLUX CAP CHARGER " bet you can arc-weld smaller batteries plates together with it,

how big are they?

Theunis
    Hey Theunis,

They are 15,000uF 80V each. I haven't dared tried the comparator on smaller batteries - don't like the idea of lead-acid grenades

John K.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hey Theunis,

They are 15,000uF 80V each. I haven't dared tried the comparator on smaller batteries - don't like the idea of lead-acid grenades

John K.
    Yup! That would ruin your day...

I just looked at the new TeslagenX site, Very nice!
    It says the big comparator is only for twelve volts. Is that just a min or is it still adjustable.

Les

Never mind... I just looked again and it said adjustable.
    Last edited by LesK; 01-08-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hey Theunis,

John K.
    Hey John,

Any idea when this Comparator will be available for purchase?

Also, what sort of capacitance ranges will it support? I have 22000uF @ 75v on the back end of my device atm, which I am sure will be fine. But I recently acquired a bunch of Ultra Capacitors, Ive been considering testing them out for kicks. Caps are 3000F @ 2.8v, and I have 6 in series to reach a reasonable voltage range. I have a feeling they will take forever to charge up but.....

Maybe I should ask that again. What sort of amperage will the FETs/relays be capable of?

Cheers

Ren
    Last edited by Ren; 01-09-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Hey John,

Any idea when this Comparator will be available for purchase?

Also, what sort of capacitance ranges will it support? I have 22000uF @ 75v on the back end of my device atm, which I am sure will be fine. But I recently acquired a bunch of Ultra Capacitors, Ive been considering testing them out for kicks. Caps are 3000F @ 2.8v, and I have 6 in series to reach a reasonable voltage range. I have a feeling they will take forever to charge up but.....

Maybe I should ask that again. What sort of amperage will the FETs/relays be capable of?

Cheers

Ren
    Hey Ren,

I spoke to JB this morning about it. We are just finalising pricing and they should be available to order next week.

I can't say too much about the circuit but I can say that the devices are rated at 280W and there are 5 of them, so that gives you an idea of how much power the comparator can handle. This thing does not goof around

John K.

Hi JohnK

Thanks for the feedback, (real monsters I might ad !),

John what is the currant draw on your 10 coiler and how long does it take to charge one of those batteries. ( what are they L16's )

I think the big question is, is the " FLUX CAP CHARGER " available in different models?,

For example: with different cap values for different battery banks sizes or will there only be 1 model?

Theunis
    Hey !
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !

Quote Originally Posted by Prinsloo View Post
    Hi JohnK

Thanks for the feedback, (real monsters I might ad !),

John what is the currant draw on your 10 coiler and how long does it take to charge one of those batteries. ( what are they L16's )

I think the big question is, is the " FLUX CAP CHARGER " available in different models?,

For example: with different cap values for different battery banks sizes or will there only be 1 model?

Theunis
    Hey Theunis,

The current draw on the 10 coiler is 4.5A when running on 12v. At the moment I'm rejuvenating those batteries (Trojan SCS225 130Ah Marine Deep Cycle) and it's taking around 10-12 hours depending on the battery. I'm only taking them down to 12.0v until the capacity recovers a little more.

In answer to your big question, I can confirm that JB will be making a smaller comparator to suit smaller SG's and smaller batteries. Not sure what the details are right now, but it will probably not be available until some time in February.

John K.

Thanks for the feed back,

Thanks JK

Thanks for the feed back,

Are you guys getting the heat waves we are getting here in SA as well, need to get a BIG SSG with a BIG fan !

Theunis
    Hey !

Quote Originally Posted by LesK View Post
    Yup! That would ruin your day...

I just looked at the new TeslagenX site, Very nice!
    It says the big comparator is only for twelve volts. Is that just a min or is it still adjustable.

Les

Never mind... I just looked again and it said adjustable.
    yes its adjustable, from the standpoint of pulse discharge. so a higher primary voltage will allow it to discharge faster. JB will give us the final spec's when he has a chance.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers