Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shorting the gen coil with PWM? .. and other things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC6aglJ6a_8

This is the video i was talking about. not sure if this guy really knows his stuff or is just an internet fame but he stresses the .005 ohm deal.

Comment

I saw the video, I googled up the guy and it seems he is from Philippines and have a self charging electric car.
      Last edited by AlvaroHN; 09-25-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlvaroHN View Post
        I saw the video, I googled up the guy and it seems he is from Philippines and have a self charging electric car.

That's what i'm saying all the evidence says he knows what he is doing and he STRESSES that it MUST be .005 ohm resistance (at the most) during the short so he puts 8-10 mosfets in parallel to equal less than .005 ohms. Everyone I have seen uses two at the most. unless our modern day mosfets are less than .005 i dont think we can match what that guy is doing unless we listen to what he says about the resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley Malone View Post
          That's what i'm saying all the evidence says he knows what he is doing and he STRESSES that it MUST be .005 ohm resistance (at the most) during the short so he puts 8-10 mosfets in parallel to equal less than .005 ohms. Everyone I have seen uses two at the most. unless our modern day mosfets are less than .005 i dont think we can match what that guy is doing unless we listen to what he says about the resistance.
          Having less possible resistance sounds logical to me.

I really don't know about transistors resistance. I googled it after reading your post but didn't find what I was looking for. Are mosfets the ones with less resistance? I thought that the best for this kind of switching was the transistors.. because John Bedini use bipolar transistors on the ssg circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by AlvaroHN View Post
            Having less possible resistance sounds logical to me.

I really don't know about transistors resistance. I Googled it after reading your post but didn't find what I was looking for. Are mosfets the ones with less resistance? I thought that the best for this kind of switching was the transistors.. because John Bedini use bipolar transistors on the ssg circuit.
            I am not positive on either myself but i do know that hardly anything is less than .005 most datasheets that i have looked at had at leas .2-.3.
            just looked up
            http://www.vishay.com/docs/91036/91036.pdf if you look at the datasheet it says .18 ohms is the Rds while on. wich would mean you would need like 20 each side...to early to care exactly how many, ill look when i get coffee!

http://www.vishay.com/docs/91070/91070.pdf This is the mosfet that he says in the movie but it says .85 on the datasheet not .028 so i am thoroughly confused now.
            Last edited by Bradley Malone; 09-29-2014, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Hello, I need help with something.

I made a 555 oscillator with one of the circuits from RS's link, and it's working (thanks RS). With the output from pin 3 I'm ligthing an indicator led and an optocoupler (4n25). When I first got it working with the optocoupler I attached q simple led with a pot to the transistor output of the optocoupler (to see if the opto was working), and it was working, but as I changed the pot resistance (in the led after the opto) the frequency of the 555 changed too... I thought that was happening because I was using the same source for the 555 and the led after the opto (12 v transformer).

Then I removed the led and left the 555/opto with 1 12v wall transformer, and used the opto to pulse an air coil with normal ssg circuit (diode from colector to positive of the charging battery) with a different source. But I had the same problem. .. the coil circuit affected the 555 frequency. Isn't that the purpose of the optocouplers? To isolate circuits?.

Well that is my first issue... help with the 555/opto/

after that I tried that trigger method for ssg that I read somewhere, reed switch over the coil with a magnet in front. It switches very nicely, but I only had a transistor that day that I think is not right for ss ssg , it is a bux84. So I tried the ss ssg triggered only by a reed, no transistor, but I used a nokia charger as source (5v to be kind with the reed), positive of the source to 1 end of the reed, diode from other end of reed and to negative of source. It worked better, I putted the output to a small 450v cap and it went up to 300v if I remember correctly. I used it for a couple of days and the reed got sticked (I probably unplugged the the output too many times too see the sparking of the reed).

That leeds me to another question. .. why don't we make the ss ssg in mhz range??? In John's site, tesla page are intresting things about impulse duration, it's in the part where he speeks about spark colorations and strange effects in the room as the impulse durations changed.

But normal ss ssg circuit with trigger winding works in the khz range ( I guees because of the time the coil need to saturate and trigger?).

I bought some 2n2222 today, can I make a ss ssg in the mhz range with those and a 555?.

This is off topic with the coil shorting ... it's because I am waiting for new minirotor to be machined... etc.
              Last edited by AlvaroHN; 10-02-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I would say the problem is using the same source for the 555 circuit and the circuit you intend to power. The change in current flow when the transistor is triggered has to cause some effect on the charge rate of the 555 circuit therefore changing the frequency. even if you have a diode to take the back emf to a different battery or cap there is still the back emf up to the saturation voltage of the diode...even .1 volt of back emf changes the current flow so it would mess with the frequency. I could be completely wrong but it sounds like something to at least check out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley Malone View Post
                  I would say the problem is using the same source for the 555 circuit and the circuit you intend to power. The change in current flow when the transistor is triggered has to cause some effect on the charge rate of the 555 circuit therefore changing the frequency. even if you have a diode to take the back emf to a different battery or cap there is still the back emf up to the saturation voltage of the diode...even .1 volt of back emf changes the current flow so it would mess with the frequency. I could be completely wrong but it sounds like something to at least check out.
                  Thank you Bradley, I used a battery as source for the 555, and other source for the other part and it worked like I expected.

Comment

Hello to all I hope you are all right.

I need help (again),

I am building my third SSG right now, in which I am going to test all the gen coils/coil shorting thing.

I made it small to save money for now… the rotor is 10 cm diameter, 2 cm thickness, 10 magnets (2cm x1cm x1cm).

And last night I made the first coil which is going to be the power coil, bifilar (power winding + trigger winding), the coil is small, relative to the rotor and magnets, the wire is thin I don’t have the specs here (am at work right now).

The thing is I made the SSG circuit, using a 2n2222 (is the only tranny I have right now).

But the thing is that it didn’t trigger… I was using just 5volts. But it didn’t trigger, .. so I thought that it wasn’t triggering because of the low voltage, and I remembered that for low voltage SS SSG you could invert the trigger (instead of connect the bottom of trigger winding to negative of primary batt, I connected it to positive of primary batt.

And it made the triggering noise, the charging cap started to climb, … and I touched the 2n2222 to see if it was warm… and it was more than warm, it was on fire… It left me the mark in my finger.

So… 2 questions: changing the trigger to positive instead of negative is the correct way to make ssg trigger in low voltage?

And how far can I push a 2n2222 ?? the data sheet says 90 V 0,9 A. why it gets hot with 5v only?

Thank you

Best

Alvaro Hernandorena

Comment

I made another coil with thiner wire and now it woks, it triggers like it should

Comment

i finally got around to getting some wire and reed switches so i can try a few things....one thing that has been runing through my head is that tesla talked about the power coming before the current for radiant energy. When you short the coil it apears to be a radiant reaction because the different color "blue" spark and purple light in a neon. if what is being caused is a radiant discharge does it blow transistors with pure high voltage as if you caused an esd event in the circuit itself? the reason i am asking is if it was pure radiant should you not be able to switch all the voltage through something as simple as a reed switch without it blowing. Or is the ringing at the peak caused by shorting actually a current flow.

the guy i posted a video on above stresses the very very low resistance for the shorting and a filter circuit before the transistor to filter out the ringing cause after you short it. so what it seems to me is that if you achieve a single peak pulse then cut off the transistor or filter the harmonics ....the ringing seems to be an alternating radiant discharged by the incductor-cap tank that is the coil itself. so the voltage on the coil when shorted flips polarization before current starts then just as current is about to move it is polarized the other direction and back and forth lowering its amplitude each cycle due to the wire resistance. does that sound even close to right??

Comment

I also think that coil shorting is a radiant energy event.

In my small machine if I short the two ends of a gen coil by hand while its running the sparks are green, the same green flash that appears before the orang spark that happens when you short a charged cap.

I have always thougth about what happens with the coil magnetic polarity when is shorted... if it flips it could help rotation??? I have no means to monitor coil polarity at the moment so I don't know.

Is a strange phenomena. .. the gen coil is a dipole when is generating, it have power in it, and when shorted the current flows into itself and because some current wants to flow the radiant appears... I have imagined shorting 2 coils in parallel out of phase, and shorting one of them at the peek making all the burst go into the other coil to help rotation... and colect the energy of course...

Best

Alvaro

Comment

well i know one thing that bugs me about it is that people have shown that it causes a helping push that basically cancels the attraction force making it something like a no drag gen....but when i see the scope shots the is a normal sine wave but on the peaks there is the harmonic ringing.....well if current flowed equally in the coil then in both directions during the ringing then would it not attract and repel equally wich would cause it to act as if there is no core on the outswing of the magnet. so the magnet would swing in attracted to the coil core....then short and let it swing out freely.

One last question when you short the coil is it while the short happens that the ringing is there or is the ringing cause once the short is cut again? i don't have my oscope so i can't see the waveform to find out so i am hoping somone has looked into that. the reason i was asking is if the short causes the ringing then would holding the short from the peak back to zero cause the ringing to be maintained? the guy in the vid i posted said the shorting resistance had to be low and he had to filter the harmonics making me believe that while it is shorted it causes the ringing but in a few other places i have read people saying "you short it once causing the ringing then if you short it again on the peak of the ringing it rings higher" wich makes me think they are just shorting it briefly....so i am slightly confused.

Comment

The high voltage ringing happens when the coil short is disconnected and current stops flowing from the short, then if you short the coil again while the ring is at a peak, than the next disconnect makes the ring higher in voltage.... Ringing the Ring....... then you want to Ring the ring 5 times while the coil is at the peak of its voltage wave form each time

a liner hall effect Gauss sensor hooked to a scope and placed on the end of the coil, will show you the polarity changes in the magnetic field......
                              Last edited by RS_; 12-06-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

if the ringing happens during the disconnect is it the current during the short that causes the repulsion or cancellation force causing no-drag effect? because you have to have magnetism to effect magnetic fields and a disconnected coil can't make a magnetic field as far as i know.

since no voltage is used up untill the peak the charge and polarity that would have cause a north on an incoming north magnet is used at the peak to cause a north causing current with great magnitude just after dead center causing the repulsion...does that sound right?

Comment

Working...
                                X