* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick hall effect sensor + mosfet conversion to sg wheel

Quick hall effect sensor + mosfet conversion to sg wheel

decided to try out hall switching before my next build so i grabbed the junk box and pulled apart some fans and got the hall sensor out and connected them to a mosfet driving an SG bike wheel.
    seems to work as i expected, needs an astable, pulse width is quite long, charging seems good but the battery is pretty dry and sulphated.

http://vid936.photobucket.com/albums...ps223c2aff.mp4

Thanks for sharing

Have you schematic ?

mosfet sg.JPG

it needs a timer to change the pulse width, and an opto isolator if you are going to run higher than 12 - 14v

mosfet sg monostable.JPG

circuit i will build next. one with resistors before holding pin 2 high is correct
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigmotherwhale; 09-02-2014 at 02:38 AM.

Thank you for your time

Hi BMW,

Quote Originally Posted by bigmotherwhale View Post
    decided to try out hall switching before my next build so i grabbed the junk box and pulled apart some fans and got the hall sensor out and connected them to a mosfet driving an SG bike wheel.
    seems to work as i expected, needs an astable, pulse width is quite long, charging seems good but the battery is pretty dry and sulphated.
    I rigged mine up with two hall switches in series on separate adjustable mountings. This allows me to adjust both the timing and pulse width mechanically without using a 555 timer circuit. It seems to work best at about 20 percent on time. I use a small signal transistor in the base circuit of the 21194 power transistors.
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 08-22-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: change percent sign to word
    Gary Hammond,

good idea, also using 21194 seems like a good plan, i will see how long my mosfets hold up.

Any chance that some one could post the bedini SG schematic with a hall switch substituted for the trigger wire, I would like to see the difference but don't quite know how to do that.

[QUOTE=Gary Hammond;16842]Hi BMW,

Quote Originally Posted by bigmotherwhale View Post

QUOTE]

I rigged mine up with two hall switches in series on separate adjustable mountings. This allows me to adjust both the timing and pulse width mechanically without using a 555 timer circuit. It seems to work best at about 20 percent on time. I use a small signal transistor in the base circuit of the 21194 power transistors.

Hi Brian,

Give me a few days and I can post a schematic of what I did. I'm currently away from home on a mini vacation and posting this from a motel room using my wife's laptop.

cheers,
    Gary Hammond,

Thank you, hope you have a nice vac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi Brian,

Give me a few days and I can post a schematic of what I did. I'm currently away from home on a mini vacation and posting this from a motel room using my wife's laptop.

cheers,