SG8 Pot location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG8 Pot location

I understand for to tune the SG8 that you need to replace the 470 ohm base resistors with 100 ohm base resistors. On what area would I place the pot on the SG8? Here is a pic of mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sg8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	51157

place the potentiometer in the spot where the 12 ohm resistor is.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi Yoe777 and Tom,

still not clear to me where to put the pot... here a pic of mine, could you explain where exactly put the pot ? From where to where...
      I put numbers to make it easier to explain.
      please help
      thank you

Name:	IMG_7368.jpg
Size:	947.8 KB
ID:	49809
      Last edited by claudio; 03-31-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claudio View Post
        Hi Yoe777 and Tom,

still not clear to me where to put the pot... here a pic of mine, could you explain where exactly put the pot ? From where to where...
        please help
        thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6848[/ATTACH]
        Hi,
        Remove the 12 Ohm resistor and put the Potentiometer there...
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi Yoe777 and Tom,

please help
          thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6848[/ATTACH]
          Claudio - in your picture the adjustable pot goes between terminals 2 and 4 replacing the 12 ohm resistor.
          Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Thank you guys, will try and post the results !

Comment

Thank you guys, will try and post the results !

I would leave the resistor - remove the trigger coil lead from 4 - place a pot between the trigger coil lead and terminal 4 of the 12 ohm resistor. make it a nice beefy POT. It's ok if you already did what they say worse case you burn the pot and run the circuit on the individual base resistors, I hope...

Comment

thank you so much for your advices...
                I have another problem:
                I'm having difficulties to install the Analog Amp meters, what is the correct way? Do I need a specific shunt or is there another way to install them ?
                please help

Comment

thank you so much for your advices...
                  I have another problem:
                  I'm having difficulties to install the Analog Amp meters, what is the correct way? Do I need a specific shunt or is there another way to install them ?
                  please help
                  You may simply place the Ammeter in series line of the side you want to measure the current at. like in line with the primary or secondary circuit.
                  what is the scale- range of the Ammeter you have..?
                  do you have one or two of these Ammeter. in that case you can have one at each side of the circuit.
                  no need of additional shunts..

Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  Last edited by Faraday88; 04-08-2018, 01:33 AM.

Comment

yes right, in fact it was a non sense request...
                    Ammeters are 0-3 A and 0-5 A I guess both will do the job..
                    thank you again for the support !
                    all the best
                    claudio

Comment

yes right, in fact it was a non sense request...
                      Ammeters are 0-3 A and 0-5 A I guess both will do the job..
                      thank you again for the support !
                      all the best
                      claudio
                      Hey,
                      No questions are nonsensical..on the hind sight they are the most unsought after newbies but very vital to pondering minds go ahead with anything and what ever you feel to ask relevant to the forum.Yes, the range looks on high side but if your rig up is big scale machine and batteries then it makes perfect match with what you have.
                      JB had a 5A output on his big 10 coiler. how big is your machine rig up?
                      Rgds,
                      Faraday88.
                      Last edited by Faraday88; 04-09-2018, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Hi Faraday88,
                        my machine is a "Bike Wheel" Type with 21 magnets and about 63.5cm wheel diameter. One 7wire coil ordered from teslagenx site.
                        it is turning at 260 rpm and charging easily 45mha batteries, input is about 1,8amps (1 ammeter installed, waiting for the second one ordered).
                        I am still waiting ordered parts to improve the efficiency.
                        I am having so much fun building it !
                        If you have time I would appreciate very much if you could take a look at my project of the capacitors PCB as showed on the second book, are there any mistakes or ways to improve it ?
                        regards
                        cla

Name:	sch.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	49819

Name:	CapPCB.jpg
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	49818

Comment

Hi Faraday88,
                          my machine is a "Bike Wheel" Type with 21 magnets and about 63.5cm wheel diameter. One 7wire coil ordered from teslagenx site.
                          it is turning at 260 rpm and charging easily 45mha batteries, input is about 1,8amps (1 ammeter installed, waiting for the second one ordered).
                          I am still waiting ordered parts to improve the efficiency.
                          I am having so much fun building it !
                          If you have time I would appreciate very much if you could take a look at my project of the capacitors PCB as showed on the second book, are there any mistakes or ways to improve it ?
                          regards
                          cla

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6864[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6863[/ATTACH]
                          Hi Cla,
                          Im more than happy to help you.. just some of my pointers:
                          Read all the three books up close..it talks about the various experiments the JB did and what he found from them! in the intermediate book it talks about ''exploring'' pulsing the Cap at both the terminals..how do you think that can be affected? the diagram shown is half baked to help you understand the process..watch the pat# 6,545,444 you will get it i guess.It is called the full patent.(ask why?) Tom C calls it 'Ringing the bell twice'' I call it ''Space Switching'' it is the same thing happening in JB's 1984 single battery Motor-Energiser.. hope you get it..
                          more as you learn and progress...
                          Best Regards,
                          Faraday88.
                          Last edited by Faraday88; 05-01-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                            Hi Cla,
                            Im more than happy to help you.. just some of my pointers:
                            Read all the three books up close..it talks about the various experiments the JB did and what he found from them! in the intermediate book it talks about ''exploring'' pulsing the Cap at both the terminals..how do you think that can be affected? the diagram shown is half baked to help you understand the process..watch the pat# 6,545,444 you will get it i guess.It is called the full patent.(ask why?) Tom C calls it 'Ringing the bell twice'' I call it ''Space Switching'' it is the same thing happening in JB's 1984 single battery Motor-Energiser.. hope you get it..
                            more as you learn and progress...
                            Best Regards,
                            Faraday88.
                            how is that pulsing at both terminals?

and

No, what you and Tom are talking about is not the same thing and surely not what JB meant by ringing the bell twice. However, if you think it is, please expand more descriptive rather than encrypted.

Comment

Hi guys,
                              My Bike wheel is up and running fine and I want to improve it.
                              I am just trying to make it as simple as possible.
                              I am trying to develop a working PCB to mount all the electronic parts for the capacitor module and continue to experiment, I am not a technician.
                              The PCB for the "basic" machine was pretty easy to do, this one is more tricky.
                              I have all the parts needed, now I just I need some help to avoid mistakes before sending the PCB to manufacturing..

min2oly
                              right! One pulsing terminal,corrected,do you see any other mistakes ?
                              There are so many terminals (the real module from JB has only 3 terminals) and i am not 100% sure the transistors, timer etc. are correctly connected..

thank you and best regards

updated PCB

Name:	sch.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	49822

Name:	comp.jpg
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	49824

Name:	offmodule.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	49823
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by claudio; 05-02-2018, 04:10 AM. Reason: updated PCB

Comment

Working...
                              X