Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 90 10 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SG8 Pot location

Claudio,

What program do you use for designing PCB's, as it looks like my Protel 99SE that I use for drawing Sch's and PCB's

you have the first mosfet hooked up wrong..

Rotate the Caps 1/4 turn and make all traces to the mosfets and Charging battery way fatter, and as short as possible and make the pads the same dia as the trace width, or slightly smaller make the holes a little bigger.... move the #2 connection over to the right side beside its mate

Make sure that you have plenty of room between the mosfets and caps so that you can add a big fat heat sink or rotate the mosfets, TIP41, the 7812 1/2 turn so a heat sink will fit on the other side...
    You might want to think about using 4 Mosfets....
    make all the small part pads bigger, and the holes bigger, and make all traces to them the same width as the pads... move all connection points close to the edge of the board on the right

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...6q2HwYcH3qg%3d
    Last edited by RS_; 05-06-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I saw 8 of the LM741's listed with Mouser. The first one was $0.73 and rated operating temperature is 85C in the 8 pin DIP package. The only other 8 pin DIP is $11 but rated operating temperature is 125C. The other 6 are in the TO-99 can package in the $6 to$10 range. I think my local electronic store has them for around 50 cents. Also try Digikey and Newark.
    got them thanks Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    Claudio,

What program do you use for designing PCB's, as it looks like my Protel 99SE that I use for drawing Sch's and PCB's

you have the first mosfet hooked up wrong..

Rotate the Caps 1/4 turn and make all traces to the mosfets and Charging battery way fatter, and as short as possible and make the pads the same dia as the trace width, or slightly smaller make the holes a little bigger.... move the #2 connection over to the right side beside its mate

Make sure that you have plenty of room between the mosfets and caps so that you can add a big fat heat sink or rotate the mosfets, TIP41, the 7812 1/2 turn so a heat sink will fit on the other side...
    You might want to think about using 4 Mosfets....
    make all the small part pads bigger, and the holes bigger, and make all traces to them the same width as the pads... move all connection points close to the edge of the board on the right

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...6q2HwYcH3qg%3d
    Hi RS_
    I am using EasyEDA, if you wish I could send you the GERBER file...
    Mofset conn corrected
    Got the LM741
    Attached the PCB corrected with your suggestions, the conn pads I used are these: https://www.mouser.it/ProductDetail/534-8191
    Are they ok or it is better to use the holes with screw ? I personally don't like that much these screws ...
    In the next version I will try to put 4 mofsets...
    thx and regards
    cla

PCB_PCB-man-2_20180507084644.pdf

the conn pads are fine....

Move the Cap traces at the top down to the bottom, and make the Emitter traces fat and as short as possible like you did to the collector traces....

Hi claudio,

I don't think 2 MOSFETS are enough for that cap bank. I think you'll burn them up pretty quick.

I'd also avoid a double sided board, especially having the cap traces crossing each other.

John K.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi claudio,

I don't think 2 MOSFETS are enough for that cap bank. I think you'll burn them up pretty quick.

I'd also avoid a double sided board, especially having the cap traces crossing each other.

John K.
    Hi John, RS_,

reorganized the PCB, 4 Mofsets on the bottom of the PCB.
    Very difficult to draw all the traces on one side.
    I will better organize the free space but I think the connections are much better now.
    Waiting for more tips..

thank you
    regards
    claudio

PCB_PCB-man-4Mofset-invertiti_20180509174519.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by claudio View Post
    Hi John, RS_,

I will better organize the free space but I think the connections are much better now.
    Waiting for more tips..

thank you
    regards
    claudio

Hi,

Ideally, have the Power section completely isolated from the control section.. remember..we are using Impulse Technology(Transient)..keep EMI/EMC issues at bay you will run into both conducted and radiated emmissions and the Radiant is much more notorious!.. or it will play havoc and or total breakdown of CMOS based ICs..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

Quote Originally Posted by claudio View Post
    Hi John, RS_,

Waiting for more tips..

thank you
    regards
    claudio

Hi claudio,

It's better, but like RS_ said - BIG FAT traces on the D & S of the MOSFETS, preferably as close to the cap negatives and input/output pads as possible.

John K.

Hi,

Go back to your caps in a sq arrangement with all the
    TOxxxx parts in a row so they fit on a single heat sink like you had it.

Make fat traces on the bottom on both sides of the Mosfets.

Arrange the voltage divider resistors to have that connection as close to the Gate as possible, that means using the resistor to jump over a Fat trace, or onto a Fat trace, and keeping all traces on the bottom side....
    Spread out the mosfets, (1in centers) and make that connection trace between the mosfets in a straight line to the gate.
    keep the resistors up off the PCB 1/8in or so when soldering them in

In general, arrange all components, to keep all traces as short as possible through out the circuit...

Make sure you have enough room for mounting holes in the corners.
    Last edited by RS_; 05-09-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    Hi,

Go back to your caps in a sq arrangement with all the
    TOxxxx parts in a row so they fit on a single heat sink like you had it.

Make fat traces on the bottom on both sides of the Mosfets.

Arrange the voltage divider resistors to have that connection as close to the Gate as possible, that means using the resistor to jump over a Fat trace, or onto a Fat trace, and keeping all traces on the bottom side....
    Spread out the mosfets, (1in centers) and make that connection trace between the mosfets in a straight line to the gate.
    keep the resistors up off the PCB 1/8in or so when soldering them in

In general, arrange all components, to keep all traces as short as possible through out the circuit...

Make sure you have enough room for mounting holes in the corners.
    Hi RS_, John, Faraday88,

please just check the Mofset part, PCB is not finished, I would like to know if the traces are better now before reducing the empty space.
    Mofsets distance 1in, maybe too much ?
    Of course will put holes to mount the PCB.
    Will place the POT part on the bottom.
    I do not see how to draw everything on 1 side.
    Is this what you mean to keep traces on the bottom side of the resistors ?

again thank you all for the help
    regards

PCB_PCB-man-4Mofset-invertiti_20180510110250.pdf