Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
    Claudio,

YES, that is what I am saying! and I am pretty sure that PL and or Aaron drew that out with cut and paste from JB's Drawings, vs JB drawing this out his self. and mistakes happen......

Here is a corrected SCH. I hooked the Collector of the BD243C to the 12V regulator.

Try that out, vs the original on your bread board to see what works or not....

On your PCB layout, i would rearrange the 7812, BD243C/TIP41 closer to the opto and timer, and push the mosfets over to the right, and then make the traces to the collectors and emitters fat, and as short as possible....

Faraday88
    OK, that's for PWM'ing the output. 2 555 timers / 556 timer would do a better job of PWM'ing the output, and is what I have used for my Cap pulsers, until I started using a Basic Stamp, or a Arduino to do the PWM....

RS_
    OK! will try that and post the results, will take some time, I am busy for a few days..

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
      Looks like your effort is to further riddle rather than clarify your own statement. That's all on you. I hope for your own sake your book states things more clearly.
      Hi Min2oly,
      There is no deal of any heavy duty jargons..just history evident of how John Bedini did table top replication of Tom bearden's teachings!! im just a student of these masteros through Synchronicity!
      Tom bearden explains TIME domain Energy (Anenergy) in great lenghts but although he does not emphasis MASS as an Aetheric Field dual to the Spatial. (or does he??).
      I was greatly inspired by Peter lindemann's FESCE book and he describes the different forms of Aether in a beautiful way..he is a gifted writter!
      All the above questions i possed to you are pure Scientific and no mombojombos as you may want to call it..no riddles pure science in plain sight..
      Its not my intention to prove that i know better..but sheer placement of things where they belong.
      Periods!!! lets end it here. we all are free to have our own opinions after all!!!
      Rgds,
      Faraday88
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Claudio,

YES, that is what I am saying! and I am pretty sure that PL and or Aaron drew that out with cut and paste from JB's Drawings, vs JB drawing this out his self. and mistakes happen......

Here is a corrected SCH. I hooked the Collector of the BD243C to the 12V regulator.

Try that out, vs the original on your bread board to see what works or not....

On your PCB layout, i would rearrange the 7812, BD243C/TIP41 closer to the opto and timer, and push the mosfets over to the right, and then make the traces to the collectors and emitters fat, and as short as possible....

Faraday88
        OK, that's for PWM'ing the output. 2 555 timers / 556 timer would do a better job of PWM'ing the output, and is what I have used for my Cap pulsers, until I started using a Basic Stamp, or a Arduino to do the PWM....
        Hi RS,
        Yes..its a kind of PWM with amplification and that's the Radiant, since you need to do the 'Conversion' at the battery terminals when the dump happens. its a two stage amplifier in a sense.. further, a Diode needs to be placed..
        what could be the configuration can you figure it out?
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.

Comment

Faraday88

the 2 transistors on the 555 dont have anything to do with the Radiant, as that happens on the other side of the optoisolator with the cap discharge through the mosfets part of the circuit.

it does not mater what is triggering the opto.

JB's 741 op amp Schmidt trigger is a better method than the 555/556 timers anyway.

Claudio,
          i suggest that you implement the JB's 741 op amp Schmidt trigger on your PCB vs the 555 timer version

Gary posted a nice Sch that you should bread board before you decide...

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
            Hi Min2oly,
            There is no deal of any heavy duty jargons..just history evident of how John Bedini did table top replication of Tom bearden's teachings!! im just a student of these masteros through Synchronicity!
            Tom bearden explains TIME domain Energy (Anenergy) in great lenghts but although he does not emphasis MASS as an Aetheric Field dual to the Spatial. (or does he??).
            I was greatly inspired by Peter lindemann's FESCE book and he describes the different forms of Aether in a beautiful way..he is a gifted writter!
            All the above questions i possed to you are pure Scientific and no mombojombos as you may want to call it..no riddles pure science in plain sight..
            Its not my intention to prove that i know better..but sheer placement of things where they belong.
            Periods!!! lets end it here. we all are free to have our own opinions after all!!!
            Rgds,
            Faraday88
            Ditto my last post... I rest my case.

Comment

Faraday88

the 2 transistors on the 555 dont have anything to do with the Radiant, as that happens on the other side of the optoisolator with the cap discharge through the mosfets part of the circuit.

it does not mater what is triggering the opto.

JB's 741 op amp Schmidt trigger is a better method than the 555/556 timers anyway.

Claudio,
              i suggest that you implement the JB's 741 op amp Schmidt trigger on your PCB vs the 555 timer version

Gary posted a nice Sch that you should bread board before you decide...
              Hi RS,
              Agreed! i never ever said that the transistors do the Radiant!..its the switching technique in the power section (MOSFET) in how you dump into the Battery that evokes the Radiant that's what it is, and that's the key.
              yes agreed again... use 555 to time the discharge Period wise or comparator the Voltage wise its the same..
              btw... the switching is applicable to Inductance as well and not limited to Capacitor.
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.

Comment

Faraday, RS_,

everything noted thank you.

RS_,
                PCB updated please have a look, waiting you wise advice... , will test the LM741 on a bread board...

regards
                claudio

PS. what kind of LM741 should I order ? at mouser.com I found many different chips but no LM741...

PCB_PCB-man-2_20180506185147.pdf
                Last edited by claudio; 05-06-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Claudio,

What program do you use for designing PCB's, as it looks like my Protel 99SE that I use for drawing Sch's and PCB's

you have the first mosfet hooked up wrong..

Rotate the Caps 1/4 turn and make all traces to the mosfets and Charging battery way fatter, and as short as possible and make the pads the same dia as the trace width, or slightly smaller make the holes a little bigger.... move the #2 connection over to the right side beside its mate

Make sure that you have plenty of room between the mosfets and caps so that you can add a big fat heat sink or rotate the mosfets, TIP41, the 7812 1/2 turn so a heat sink will fit on the other side...
                  You might want to think about using 4 Mosfets....
                  make all the small part pads bigger, and the holes bigger, and make all traces to them the same width as the pads... move all connection points close to the edge of the board on the right

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...6q2HwYcH3qg%3d
                  Last edited by RS_; 05-06-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
                    I saw 8 of the LM741's listed with Mouser. The first one was $0.73 and rated operating temperature is 85C in the 8 pin DIP package. The only other 8 pin DIP is $11 but rated operating temperature is 125C. The other 6 are in the TO-99 can package in the $6 to$10 range. I think my local electronic store has them for around 50 cents. Also try Digikey and Newark.
                    got them thanks Richard

Comment

Claudio,

What program do you use for designing PCB's, as it looks like my Protel 99SE that I use for drawing Sch's and PCB's

you have the first mosfet hooked up wrong..

Rotate the Caps 1/4 turn and make all traces to the mosfets and Charging battery way fatter, and as short as possible and make the pads the same dia as the trace width, or slightly smaller make the holes a little bigger.... move the #2 connection over to the right side beside its mate

Make sure that you have plenty of room between the mosfets and caps so that you can add a big fat heat sink or rotate the mosfets, TIP41, the 7812 1/2 turn so a heat sink will fit on the other side...
                      You might want to think about using 4 Mosfets....
                      make all the small part pads bigger, and the holes bigger, and make all traces to them the same width as the pads... move all connection points close to the edge of the board on the right

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...6q2HwYcH3qg%3d
                      Hi RS_
                      I am using EasyEDA, if you wish I could send you the GERBER file...
                      Mofset conn corrected
                      Got the LM741
                      Attached the PCB corrected with your suggestions, the conn pads I used are these: https://www.mouser.it/ProductDetail/534-8191
                      Are they ok or it is better to use the holes with screw ? I personally don't like that much these screws ...
                      In the next version I will try to put 4 mofsets...
                      thx and regards
                      cla

PCB_PCB-man-2_20180507084644.pdf

Comment

the conn pads are fine....

Move the Cap traces at the top down to the bottom, and make the Emitter traces fat and as short as possible like you did to the collector traces....

Comment

Hi claudio,

I don't think 2 MOSFETS are enough for that cap bank. I think you'll burn them up pretty quick.

I'd also avoid a double sided board, especially having the cap traces crossing each other.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                            Hi claudio,

I don't think 2 MOSFETS are enough for that cap bank. I think you'll burn them up pretty quick.

I'd also avoid a double sided board, especially having the cap traces crossing each other.

John K.
                            Hi John, RS_,

reorganized the PCB, 4 Mofsets on the bottom of the PCB.
                            Very difficult to draw all the traces on one side.
                            I will better organize the free space but I think the connections are much better now.
                            Waiting for more tips..

thank you
                            regards
                            claudio

PCB_PCB-man-4Mofset-invertiti_20180509174519.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by claudio View Post
                              Hi John, RS_,

I will better organize the free space but I think the connections are much better now.
                              Waiting for more tips..

thank you
                              regards
                              claudio

[ATTACH]6880[/ATTACH]
                              Hi,

Ideally, have the Power section completely isolated from the control section.. remember..we are using Impulse Technology(Transient)..keep EMI/EMC issues at bay you will run into both conducted and radiated emmissions and the Radiant is much more notorious!.. or it will play havoc and or total breakdown of CMOS based ICs..
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by claudio View Post
                                Hi John, RS_,

Waiting for more tips..

thank you
                                regards
                                claudio

[ATTACH]6880[/ATTACH]
                                Hi claudio,

It's better, but like RS_ said - BIG FAT traces on the D & S of the MOSFETS, preferably as close to the cap negatives and input/output pads as possible.

John K.

Comment

Working...
                                X