Wind Turbine Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Turbine Concept

I created an album titled alternative energy. I added a cad model of a wind turbine concept I came up with based on jet engine technology. The idea is for this turbine to work equally well in both very slow and very high wind speeds. It will work at slow wind speed by concentrating the air flow both outward from the center and inward from the outside. Having a very large diameter center hub will make it much easier to attach the blades. Since the blades are short there will be no limit to how fast they can spin. I will prototype this at some point in time.

BMW can you describe the funnel you mentioned? I forgot to add the 3 mounting ribs going from the hub to the outer shell. Too many projects at one time.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpUPlHx_2gw

this is neat
      guyzz

Comment

I guess something like that, there is probably a mathermatical way of doing it efficiently, cos tan sin something like that, try parabolic

Comment

That sounds interesting. Do you have any progress?

Comment

Originally posted by Radiantnrg View Post
            a wind turbine concept I came up with based on jet engine technology. The idea is for this turbine to work equally well in both very slow and very high wind speeds.
            I do not see how this can work.

The angle of the entry to the blade and the angle of exit from it depend CRUCIALLY on the speed of entry and the speed of exit. In gas turbines, this can be hundreds of mph.

These are very different beasts.

Comment

Working...
            X