Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold resistor

Hi everybody,

thanks for the many helpful posts in this kindly forum. This is my first post. I've been in this radiant energy stuff for approx. 2 month now, so I don't understand most of things that are going on in these really strange behaving devices. At the moment I'm just conditioning my batteries, and built a wheel sg and a solid state version with the CPD-Mod from Patrick. I'm from germany, so please excuse my bad english.

First I ran my ss ssg with 0.9 Amps and the transistors were getting very hot, so I inserted an additional trigger base resistor (180 ohms). Now the device runs at 0.54 amps and the transistors are just a little bit over roomtemperature. The coil doesn't heat up. I thought ok, that's seems to be a normal behaviour.

But:

Can someone explain to me why this resistor is getting cold, and I mean realy cold? It is not freezing, but the temperature is way under roomtemperature. And if it's getting cold, is it a good or bad sign?
    The first thing, that crossed my brain was that it is a kind of peltier effect

Thanks again.
    gobe

Hi again,

after the charge battery has reached about 13 V, the effect is gone. Will look again, after the battery is charged an i can hook up an empty one.

cheers,
    gobe

Comment

It sounds interesting. How are you measuring the temp change, with a meter or by touch?

The trigger side of the circuit functions in a fairly normal way so I would not expect anything like that to happen but I couldn't rule it out either.

Let us know how it goes with further testing.

Comment

Measuring was by touch. I had another resistor, which was not connected, as a reference next to the one that was getting cold. Even my girlfriend found it was cold. Unfortunately I'm not able to replicate this phenomenon .
        Sorry for that.

Comment

Working...
        X