Question on capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on capacitors

So I was "The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity" which I'm sure you guys are familiar with, and this one particular section struck me as a bit odd.

In chapter two, there was a mention that "ordinary capacitor discharges were oscillating currents, spark currents which literally "bounced" between each capacitor plate until their stored energy was wasted away."

From my sadly limited knowledge, I was under the impression that voltage and current capacitor discharges in DC-circuits are relatively linear and not oscillating. Only AC-circuits exhibit oscillations due to the nature of the power source. And Tesla was working with a DC power supply, not AC. So why such a mention made?

Secondly, if the oscillations/alternations/backrush are within the circuit, I would assume that a diode would suffice. If, however, I am wrong and the article is actually talking about oscillations INSIDE the caps (which I have no knowledge of), how would you prevent such oscillations?

Hey RoarKiller,
    Do remember which page on the book you got that quote from?

Comment

I'm not sure why the page would matter though? Page 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Roarkiller View Post
        So I was "The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity" which I'm sure you guys are familiar with, and this one particular section struck me as a bit odd.

In chapter two, there was a mention that "ordinary capacitor discharges were oscillating currents, spark currents which literally "bounced" between each capacitor plate until their stored energy was wasted away."

From my sadly limited knowledge, I was under the impression that voltage and current capacitor discharges in DC-circuits are relatively linear and not oscillating. Only AC-circuits exhibit oscillations due to the nature of the power source. And Tesla was working with a DC power supply, not AC. So why such a mention made?

Secondly, if the oscillations/alternations/backrush are within the circuit, I would assume that a diode would suffice. If, however, I am wrong and the article is actually talking about oscillations INSIDE the caps (which I have no knowledge of), how would you prevent such oscillations?
        Hi Roarkiller,

Yes, you said it correct, Tesla was working with DC Power (supply), but where and how do you think he got the DC power from..?? or can we not term it as Pulsed DC.!, secondly mind you he did not have Diodes around (be it even the Vacuum Diodes), he had only DC Generators! what is a DC Generator????, is it not an AC Generator with the exception of the inclusion of a Commutator to give you a Pulsed DC as the out put..???ahhhh! there you are! did you get it now? what AC and DC means to Radiant Impulse? Tesla Oscillation
        are Time oscillations and not Spatial Oscillations like the Sinusoidal Elecromagnetic or Magneto-electric Waves....
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        Last edited by Faraday88; 08-20-2014, 02:28 AM.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

I hadn't considered that. So Edison's huge DC generators at the time were also half-waves then? No rectifiers? I was under this impression that all the DC generators at the time were what we are familiar with now: relatively straight. That would makes sense since having a capacitor supposedly magnifies the effect. But half-waves as they are, they are still in the positive zone. So what exactly is a "current backrush" here?

Sorry for the continuous questions. I'm actually trying to replicate the experiments so I need clarifications before I continue. To prevent further confusion, I'll quote the whole paragraph here:

Empirical observation had long taught that ordinary capacitor discharges were oscillating currents, spark currents which literally "bounced" between each capacitor plate until their stored energy was wasted away. The high voltage of the dynamo exerted such an intense unidirectional pressure on the densified charges that alternations were impossible. The only possible backrushes were oscillations. In this case, charges surged and stopped in a long series until the supercharge was wasted away. All parameters which forced such oscillations actually limited the supercharge from manifesting its total energetic supply, a condition Tesla strove to eliminate. Indeed he spent an excessive time developing various means to block every "backrush" and other complex current echo which might force the supercharge to prematurely waste its dense energy. Here was an effect demanding a single unidirectional super pulse. With both the oscillations and alternations eliminated, new and strange effects began making their appearance. These powerful and penetrating phenomena were never observed when working with high frequency alternations.

Comment

I hadn't considered that. So Edison's huge DC generators at the time were also half-waves then? No rectifiers? I was under this impression that all the DC generators at the time were what we are familiar with now: relatively straight. That would makes sense since having a capacitor supposedly magnifies the effect. But half-waves as they are, they are still in the positive zone. So what exactly is a "current backrush" here?

Sorry for the continuous questions. I'm actually trying to replicate the experiments so I need clarifications before I continue. To prevent further confusion, I'll quote the whole paragraph here:
            Hi RoarKiller,
            I am delighted by your inquisitive Questions...yes be the first to see is the approach.. Just Think Tesla did the same... after investigating perhaps 100+hours...the event that he so meticulously observed. When the DC. Generator Switchgear when abruptly Switched Resulting in Lighting like Discharge that instantly killed the operator!
            I my self would want to Experiment with HIGH-VOLTAGE D.C GENERATOR to know what and how exactly this works with regards to the 'back rush'
            if you closely observe, the Patent written at the time of Tesla are more real time (like as it happened) rather than an encrypt with the real description hidden in them!
            we don't get to see these now a day..do we??
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Peter Lindenman may have also been referencing the resistive effect that Tesla discovered if he was referring to capacitors in series. Tesla said that when an object of definite resistance is electrified by pulsed DC, the resistance of the material restricts the DC from entering for a short period of time (depending on the resistance). When you get the frequency high enough, the current no longer is able to enter the conductor, but instead the resistance causes a "brake down" of the current and the resulting spark which bounces off of the conductive material is non conventional current, but not necessarily "cold electricity". I believe Faraday is correct in calling them radiant impulses. This can especially be seen in asymmetrical capacitors in series, because the charge that is developed on the first plate must discharge to the second conductive plate. If the second plate is smaller (i.e asymmetrical cap) then the conductive surface becomes saturated in charge and can not except the large amount of current from the larger plate (because capacitance is measured by surface area). This causes a change in the type of energy in the circuit, and the behavior of the circuit no longer complies with the established laws of electrodynamics. This, in my opinion, is why Peter Lindenman was saying that, and I believe it is also the basis of T.T. Brown's experiments as well as EV Grey's circuit. In regards to Grey's circuit, a conductive material that is separated from the negative electrode by an insulator has a resistance that changes with the dielectric constant of the insulator. When this conductor is supplied with current from the positive electrode, as long as the current is DC and is supplied by a capacitor (so as to force the energy in one direction, as PL references in the book FESCE), then the energy must change, and the circuit will no longer behave in a conventional manner. The type of energy that the current converts to can be different depending on the apparatus, In Brown's case it was gravitational, and Grey had cold electricity, but I am sure there are different conversions for different circumstances.
              I hope I helped, it is a lot of info to swallow at once.
              -Ajay

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                Hi Roarkiller,

Yes, you said it correct, Tesla was working with DC Power (supply), but where and how do you think he got the DC power from..??
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.
                Faraday88 from the following it would appear that Tesla was utilizing galvanic current meaning the earth's charge in his attempts to broadcast electricity.

Quote:

III. WARDENCLYFFE-ON-SOUND

"The transmitter at Wardenclyffe was being configured so as to minimize the radiated power. The energy of Tesla's steam driven Westinghouse 200 kW alternator was to be channeled instead into an underground structure consisting of iron pipes driven from a point 120 feet beneath the tower's base.[2] This was to be accomplished by combining an extremely low frequency signal (ELF) with the higher frequency signal coursing through the transmitter's master oscillator and helical resonator. The low frequency current in the presence of an enveloping corona-induced plasma of free charge carriers would have "pumped" the earth's charge.[3] It is believed the resulting ground current and its associated wave complex would have allowed the propagation of wireless transmissions to any distance on the earth's surface with as little as 5% loss due to radiation."

Source: http://www.tfcbooks.com/articles/monument.htm

Comment

"Faraday88 from the following it would appear that Tesla was utilizing galvanic current meaning the earth's charge in his attempts to broadcast electricity."

Tesla used pulsed DC from his high frequency AC generators. He found out how to eliminate the oscillation of AC by only allowing half of the cycle through at a time, so instead of the polarity switching, it releases a single pulse of DC for each AC cycle. This way, he can get high frequency pulses of DC out. High frequency pulses of DC is the underlying secret to all of Tesla's discoveries. Even his Tesla coil works like this, even though most people don't realize it now a days. The only real Tesla tech. taps in to the radiant impulses that come when you interrupt DC at a high frequency without allowing the current to move backwards. Examples of this type of technology would be the EV Grey circuit, T.H. Moray's tech, the Testika Machine, the Newman motor, the Bedini SSG, and pretty much all other OU devices.
                  Just as a person can undergo the process of enlightenment by raising their frequency, energy transmutation occurs when you interrupt DC in this way. It taps in to the living Akasha, or ether, which is inherently high frequency.

Comment

Roarkiller. all electricity is DC, when we speak of AC current we are only stating DC current excited by oscillation. AC current is DC current excited.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
                      Roarkiller. all electricity is DC, when we speak of AC current we are only stating DC current excited by oscillation. AC current is DC current excited.
                      AC current only exist where there is WORK in the circuit, other than that electrons equalize and orbit stationary in regards to polarity.

SEE: Pauli Exclusion Principle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	johnny_automatic_morning_cup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	46624
                      Last edited by longhorn; 10-09-2014, 07:21 PM. Reason: Added graphic

Comment

Working...
                      X