No announcement yet.

Ferris wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to agree with Patrick, its a great schematic!! the details of the hub idle motor is great food for thought. drilling my timing disc tomorrow.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Here is what I meant about the optimum impedance range of the circuit. Good to have it in mind.

taken from HERE

Originally posted by John_Bedini
      The Bedini/Cole Switch works best at 2 to 30 Ohms.
      John B
      Lman

Comment

Basic Electricity
        United States. Dept. of the Army Naval Education and Training Program Development Center
        - January 1, 1977
        Department of Defense, Department of the Army
        - Publisher

so I went and searched for this online, the only one I could find is a google book. but it is complete, search google books to find it. you cannot print it out but the chapter on mutual inductance speaks volumes to the coils on the ferris wheel. there is also a chapter on mag amps that is easy to understand. it helps to understand what bias voltage is in a mag amp control winding. here is a great picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mutual inductance.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	46475it is a bit small but copy it into a photo editor you can enlarge it. remember the electromagnet we talked about earlier and the mutual inductance caused by the poles being close together? this picture shows what we were talking about.

Tom C
        Last edited by Tom C; 08-30-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Here is the book :

https://archive.org/details/FM55-506-1

Not from January but april 1977. Still has all the info Tom C talks about.
          Mutual Inductance on page 181.

Regards
          Lman

Comment

archive.org new favorite website!! do some keyword searches for your favorite subjects

Tom C

Comment

Tom - YOU DA-MAN! well ok, many others also...

NO power and It's switching!

Just finished the 3rd coil, no time for anything. nothing is adjusted correctly. running late late late.
              this should finish uploading soon:

KR,
              Patrick A.

Comment

are you using the circuit Brent posted?

Tom C

Comment

NO CIRCUIT!

coils in parallel to bridge to cap.

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                  are you using the circuit Brent posted?

Tom C

Comment

awesome!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                      NO CIRCUIT!

coils in parallel to bridge to cap.
                      Didn't Bedini say that the ferris wheel coil circuit was in series?

are you making any progress? have you managed to get the back EMF to drive the coil forward?

Comment

• bigmotherwhale,

The 10 coils on the axial idling magneto are in series but the three coils on the bottom are in parallel.

Regards
                        Lman

Comment

• Oh i see, that's what i must have been looking at, thanks Lman

Comment

• sorry I have not posted in a while, teslagenx is getting new digs!! still framing the walls, trying to get things finished before the rains set in, at least get it watertight in a few months I will have a new space for operations. it will be off grid and bedini powered. people often wonder why no one is powering their "house" well it wont be the house but it will be powered it is getting DC and AC wiring parallel and a tracker 5 for the batteries, a big monopole for rejuvenation and a big linear regulator for loads off the SG. wood stove heating and a composting toilet.

everyone please post your work on this thread. thanks Patrick for stepping up and showing us what you are doing.

Tom C

Comment

• Important patent, very good easy to understand explanations, pay special attention to lead in / lead out asymmetric explanations http://www.google.com/patents/US7109671 and the use of Back Emf Strain in the system to drive the rotor forward instead of EMF

Also after finishing my switching circuits and they are working well, I have dismantled my old ****ty test wheel and i am looking to make a new rotor, this is the most important part as it will determine what sort of machine i have to build. I have my old magnets which are ferrite very weak and will need to be stacked in threes, this will also mean i will have to use a ferrous core, and probably solenoid - not brilliant. I have considered Neodymium, i have the power available to use them, If i was going to use these i would not use a ferrite core and would use a window motor style coil to magnet setup which has a lot of advantages. obviously it would not be like the Ferris wheel, but the principles are the same.
                              the other choice is between axial and radial. This is a difficult decision any help or anything i havent considered please let me know. The materials i have at hand are very thick plastic chopping boards, Ialso have a few alternators which would make good bearing supports and should bolt onto a plastic disc with ease, however they have a huge chuck of iron in the middle not sure how much that will affect the running of the machine.

Thanks people

Comment

• Why this thread ends here????????

Comment

Working...
                                X