Rotor Wheel Alternates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotor Wheel Alternates

What are some better alternatives for a rotor wheel are there then the bike wheel?

you can have one machined out of plexiglass. the bike wheel is the best low cost rotor you can find.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

What type of plexiglass? What size and how many magnets?

Comment

you can have it made any way you want..... size number of magnets etc... I use 3/4 plexi on mine.

Tom C

Comment

What are the pros vs cons of various sizes?

Comment

your best bet is to start with the bike wheel, learn the machine. then you can build a rotor to do what you want it to do. there are a ton of variables. walk before you run.

Tom C

Comment

I did build one. I can't spend thousands on R&D to find out what sizes are best. I thought that I could work off of people's experience. Is that not one of the main reasons of this forum?

Comment

there is no "best" size..... I have built rotors from 6 inch diameter to 26 inch diameter. I personally like machines with rotors above 12 inches. I know a guy who has a wheel with a diameter of 8 feet. 90 percent of what you need to learn about the SG can be done with a bike wheel. John Bedini does all his experimentation with a 26 inch bike wheel.

larger rotors take advantage of the flywheel effect, smaller rotors give higher rpm for the same current draw...

Tom C

Comment

Working...
                X