* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catastrophic failure of SG.

My guess is the same as Tom's,
    however, slightly different tangent. One transistor or more is stuck ON. Perhaps a bad solder joint. I've been doing this for a while and had some bad solder joints of my own I had to re-do when I put that board together. A bad solder joint could remove the path the spike has to take to the charge battery and instead melt, pop, burn your transistor leaving it in the on position.
    If you connect your charge battery back up with a good coil in place (no trigger)... then touch the run battery momentarily or so..., see which transistor is getting hot. You can then swap it out/remove it, if it's only one, run your experiments off of 7...
    hope this helps. Double check all your solder joints after you remove the bad one. In fact, once you find the hot transistor, check the joints before you remove it.
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe777 View Post
    Got it. I only had the SG running 3 days. Did I just get a bad transistor? Also where would I place a fuse in the board to prevent a similar issue again?

Your magnets look good so forget what I was saying about that possibility.

I agree with Patricks idea, if you have a shorted tranny what he suggested will help you find it.

Also I just remembered a long time ago when I had one of my power windings reversed I cooked a tranny, you may want to check that all of the tops are really tops and bottoms are bottoms. That machine ran for awhile without my noticing the mistake and it was the heat that eventually led me to figure out what I had done. It is easy to get one switched around.