Help with tuning ssg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with tuning ssg

wheel#1 7 transistor 7 wire 20guage and 23guage matched tip3055 matched 470ohm collector resistors and 1n4007 diodes 1plastic wheelchair wheel

wheel#2 7 transistor 7 wire 20guage and 23guage matched tip3055 matched 220ohm collector resistors and 1n4007 diodes 1plastic wheelchair wheel

wheel#3 7 transistor 7 wire 20guage and 23guage matched MJL21194 matched 470ohm collector resistors and 1n4007 diodes 1plastic wheelchair wheel

I have three wheels ready to sweet spot

The 1k pot has several ranges where the wheels all run.

The 1ohm resistor test under 1 volt has several ranges that pass but the resistor gets warm and even hot so a failure? how hot is hot?

the only way to get the wheel to run with no heat at the 1ohm resistor is to run it at 20milliwatts and the voltage drops to.2volts amazing really amazing but obviously not the sweetest charging spot

The only way to get the two bulb test to light both bulbs is to run the wheel in the generator mode

lost in the either; happiness from Hawaii Jeff Joseph ps.The conference was great. pss. I have a video of the wheel running at 20milliamps on iphone but don't know how to post it here

My 1 ohm resistor is measuring 1.3ohm If I run the wheel with over 1volt on the 1ohm the resistance increases. 1ohm,1volt,1amp E=IxR I think we are tuning to around 1amp draw most rpm for least amount of current. adjusted for most rpm then adjust back to least current draw as close to 1amp and the wheel has the same speed at 1amp draw as 1.4amp draw. is this right?

Comment

Jeffrey,

for the vid upload to youtube and post a link. your wheels will run differently depending upon the battery so you will have to tune to the load.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Jeffrey Joseph

Can you post a picture with scope?
        In my system i use 2k resistor, high resistance more impulses.

Comment

Working...
        X