No announcement yet.

Help with SG build..thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

batteries in parallel is the way to go. in series they resistance is additive as is the voltage. as you string them in series your potential (spike voltage VS battery voltage) diminishes, you will often see the first battery charge better than the rest this way. if you diode isolate each one in parallel they will not swap voltage. diode on positive of each battery or else they will bleed voltage since the ground is common to each other. electrically isolate each battery in parallel.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks Tom, can I use the same value diodes as the circuit diodes? Sorry to say I am dumb as rocks when it comes to electronics but I feel I am learning thanks to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
        if you diode isolate each one in parallel they will not swap voltage. diode on positive of each battery or else they will bleed voltage since the ground is common to each other. electrically isolate each battery in parallel.

Tom C

Excellent tip - thank you!

One of, if not the most important tip I ever had placed on my lap was from Tom telling me to parallel more on the back.

Kind regards,
        Patrick A.

Comment

yes the 1n4007 will work.

Tom C

Comment

batteries in parallel is the way to go. in series they resistance is additive as is the voltage. as you string them in series your potential (spike voltage VS battery voltage) diminishes, you will often see the first battery charge better than the rest this way. if you diode isolate each one in parallel they will not swap voltage. diode on positive of each battery or else they will bleed voltage since the ground is common to each other. electrically isolate each battery in parallel.

Tom C
            Not only is paralleling more batteries more efficient, so is paralleling more coils. These are four 11.1V 2200mAh 25C LiPo's charging at once, from way low 11.3V TL to 12.7 overcharged a tad for ultra high speed operation :-) and taking 4.5 hours at draw of 12VDC and 2 Amps.

When I charge one with one single Coiler same rotored SG, it takes >1.5 to maybe 1.75 hours each LiPo. In 4 Coiler charging 4 LiPos together, 4.5 hours / 4 = 1.125 hours each.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Four 11.1V  3S  25C Lipo's Charging at 12VDC  2.0 Amps from 6A Wall Wart.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	46709Click image for larger version

Name:	Rotor and Solid State Ganged - Wards Custom SS Spool Design.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	46710Click image for larger version

Name:	Wards SS SSG Spool Mounted Electronics Design-Top.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	46708

Now All here take notice of this Gem, and get one if you have not already. This thing is So Cool ! :-)

Name:	Eazy RL on EBay - OPerates Relay Upon High or Low Voltage Threshold and-or Timed Loops.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	46711

and some of these $2 & $4 7-Segment LED DVM's:

Name:	Wards Op-Amp Cap Dump Inside and Outside.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	46712

Since i found 23 AWG strands run cold at 12VDS, I am thinking next coils should have 16 strands 23 AWG to fill spool and have 16 Trani's. Advise about if 16 Trani spool worth it or not please Tom.

Thanks,

Ward
            Last edited by Volty; 11-16-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

experimentation is always good. niteyesh has an 81 strand that is a charging monster. send teslagenx an email if you want one custom fabbed.

Tom C

Comment

So with 81 strands...vs 8 strands...I want to understand this...

The more strands/transistors you add on the same circuit, as long as they are matched and firing in unison, the greater the amplitude of the voltage spike correct? So for the same input draw, you would be getting a massively larger spike? And you have much less current going through each transistor since they are dividing the work between them?

Comment

Originally posted by Volty View Post
                  Not only is paralleling more batteries more efficient, so is paralleling more coils. These are four 11.1V 2200mAh 25C LiPo's charging at once, from way low 11.3V TL to 12.7 overcharged a tad for ultra high speed operation :-) and taking 4.5 hours at draw of 12VDC and 2 Amps.

When I charge one with one single Coiler same rotored SG, it takes >1.5 to maybe 1.75 hours each LiPo. In 4 Coiler charging 4 LiPos together, 4.5 hours / 4 = 1.125 hours each.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4078[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4079[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4077[/ATTACH]

Now All here take notice of this Gem, and get one if you have not already. This thing is So Cool ! :-)
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4080[/ATTACH]

and some of these $2 & $4 7-Segment LED DVM's:
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4081[/ATTACH]

Since i found 23 AWG strands run cold at 12VDS, I am thinking next coils should have 16 strands 23 AWG to fill spool and have 16 Trani's. Advise about if 16 Trani spool worth it or not please Tom.

Thanks,

Ward
                  I would not use 23 awg, too small. It does not produce enough of what we are looking for. Don't get me wrong it will "work" one of my first SSchargers that went OU was 23 awg. Those coils have no comparison to the 18awg coils I have on the wheel however.
                  grain of salt - Patrick

Comment

Hey.. thanks Tom and everyone..still learning here and have things to try now. Just became fascinated with the Tesla 4 battery swirch concept mentioned in the Bedini advanced book and see a Bedini "latest linear amplifier/regulator" mentioned on page 95 as being an available item through Teslachargers.com. Can anyone clarify the product information ordering detail as I am not sure what item this is at the site? The book says this circuit can shunt power from the charge battery back to the run battery without having to swap betteries..?

I did come up with a safe mechanical swap switch method where I use a 3 position double pole, double throw switch with a middle "off" position on the run side and a two position double pole double throw on charge side. As long as the run side is ALWAYS switched to OFF BEFORE switching charge battery over to front, the wheel can free spin during the OFF and upon switching front battery to charge side FIRST (ALWAYS HAVE OUTPUT HOOKED UP FIRST RULE) I can then switch front back on to swapped battery from the back. This way my wheel never stops spinning and I don't blow anything up!

Comment

Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
                      So with 81 strands...vs 8 strands...I want to understand this...

The more strands/transistors you add on the same circuit, as long as they are matched and firing in unison, the greater the amplitude of the voltage spike correct? So for the same input draw, you would be getting a massively larger spike? And you have much less current going through each transistor since they are dividing the work between them?
                      not quite, it is the difference between a pignose amp and a marshall full stack.... each wire has its own transistor, and it should run between 80 and 250 milliamps per transistor, (current collector/emitter, note base current) depending upon the battery size. an 81 strand unit current draw will be much higher than a 4 strand. each transistor will add. if you tried to run an 81 strand with 500 milliamps it would barely function.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by powerdraw View Post
                        Hey.. thanks Tom and everyone..still learning here and have things to try now. Just became fascinated with the Tesla 4 battery swirch concept mentioned in the Bedini advanced book and see a Bedini "latest linear amplifier/regulator" mentioned on page 95 as being an available item through Teslachargers.com. Can anyone clarify the product information ordering detail as I am not sure what item this is at the site? The book says this circuit can shunt power from the charge battery back to the run battery without having to swap betteries..?

I did come up with a safe mechanical swap switch method where I use a 3 position double pole, double throw switch with a middle "off" position on the run side and a two position double pole double throw on charge side. As long as the run side is ALWAYS switched to OFF BEFORE switching charge battery over to front, the wheel can free spin during the OFF and upon switching front battery to charge side FIRST (ALWAYS HAVE OUTPUT HOOKED UP FIRST RULE) I can then switch front back on to swapped battery from the back. This way my wheel never stops spinning and I don't blow anything up!
                        tesla chargers and teslagenx both have them, you can order here http://www.teslagenx.com/research/tx...egory=research or from teslachargers.com the linear regulator is like a cap dump comparator and a tracker all in one, takes the spike and turns it into pure DC to run loads or charge batteries.
                        Tom C

Comment

Thanks so much Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                            I would not use 23 awg, too small. It does not produce enough of what we are looking for. Don't get me wrong it will "work" one of my first SSchargers that went OU was 23 awg. Those coils have no comparison to the 18awg coils I have on the wheel however.
                            grain of salt - Patrick
                            Grain of Salt eh?
                            Alright you way Sr. guys here like Patrick, Tom and others, about AWG size to Number of Trani-Strands; i say both matter, one matters more, and i contend there is a quiescent point where more trani's/strands pays off, and so does being able to fit that many strands in the spool. The pay off point is limited by how many strands you can fit in the spool before smaller AWG makes heat result. I really like 23 AWG! 23 AWG is 1/2 diameter of the Official Rx of 20 AWG w. 23 AWG Trigger Wire. 23 AWG x 9 runs cold in rotored configuration. It will let 16 Tranis be used as well. Heat? We will see soon.

I am not seeing a measurable benefit from large diameter strands or from multiple Litzed strands, paralleled and connected together at ends for more surface area for Skin Effect. Litz Wire has blurb about how frequency Vs. Skin Effect matters; for AC sine waves... We are talking BEMF / electrostatic combo pulses here though, and they seem different rules to me.

My very first SG coil was purchased from TeslaGenX, a 20 AWG x8 + 23 AWG x1 Coil. At first, I only had one MJL21194 Trani, and Tom encouraged me to get spinning with it while working on 'perfect'. I discovered some really cool stuff like these notes show, using unused strands open-ended to harvest Amps from nowhere:

Name:	Radiant Harvesting from SG Coils via Open-Ended Criss-Cross to FWBR-lres.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	46713

I also found that series connecting all the strands by jumpering back to other end of coil and running through it again did not improve wheel speed or speed of charging at all, it just sucked more Amps.

Then I explored Skin Effect and tried 8 in parallel Litz, connected together only at ends, with 1 Trani 1 Vs. 8 wire, then 2 Trani's w. 4 strands each, then 1 Trani each wire. etc. I cannot see faster charging of battery or of Cap Dumping rates, based on Skin Area. Not in a single spool with this many Tranis and wire to test with at least. Skin area is small on the Pareto Chart Vs. # Active Strands included. Why Litz'd is not as good as separated and each active-Trani-driven, idk, unless it is not really all about Skin Area.

However, I can see right away that adding active strands in parallel in same spool, harvests way larger than the cost of adding those active strands, "Because" the Trani's require less and less energy as they work together in the same spool, yet continue to reap more than they cost somehow.

-2 Strand 1 Trani SS SSG (one 26 AWG + 1 29 AWG) - Needs ~ 550mA @ 12VDC
                            -3 Strand 2 Trani SS SSG (two 26 & 1 29 AWG) - Needs 600mA @ 12VDC
                            -5 Strand 4 Trani SS SSG (four 26 & 1 29 AWG) - Needs 700mA @ 12VDC
                            Note SS SSG of 26 AWG run with some warmth, where my 4 Trani max unless bigger wire. Have not tried the 23 AWGx8 in SS SSG yet.

The 4 Trani unit is 'more efficient' charging than two 2 Trani units with Outputs ganged together, IF both had same Amp budget. If Amps don't matter, two 2 Trani units with outputs ganged together charge faster than the single 4 Trani unit. You cannot ignore this as it confronts you and you are deciding what to build next, more strands per spool or more spools.

You could describe the desire for 16 strands in spool, using 23 AWG so they fit, as a Q-Point thing like i tried to. The Cost Graph Slope for adding Tranis is shallower than the Gain Graph Slope for all those extra bounce backs. The real dynamic here is how much DC you push with the pulses, by using more Base Amps or less, and I call less than normal "Dry pulses", and refrain from using them at all.

You can say that the skin area matters, and 'I would not use 23 AWG because it is lesser', but i say that the Skin is not all that the radiant rides in on. I am really needing to try 16 Trani's with 16 strands 23 AWG to see even more!
                            In the DVD, Energy from the Vacuum, JB states "It comes in "As" reactive power". I contend that the radiant we desire rides around the energized wire paths containing Active Reactions involving the BEMF pulses, and not just on Skin Areas of the conductors.

So Seniors here, is the BIG AWG for HV / Heat or is it for Skin Area alone really being so significantly greater when >AWG's used and less Trani's then fit???

For Rotored Operation, I tried both official 26" bike wheel w. C8's and 4" Razor Scooter wheel and am convinced no difference, as long as these Neos: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141129615927...84.m1497.l2649 Round Counter-sunk Magnets (Double stack at 4 places around a 4" diameter scooter wheel, else won't work, using Brass screws).
                            Last edited by Volty; 11-17-2014, 02:43 AM.

Comment

tesla chargers and teslagenx both have them, you can order here http://www.teslagenx.com/research/tx...egory=research or from teslachargers.com the linear regulator is like a cap dump comparator and a tracker all in one, takes the spike and turns it into pure DC to run loads or charge batteries.
                              Tom C
                              Hey Tom, Check out this error at TeslaGenX site. Error isn't it? Wrong photo of Linear Current Amp?

Name:	New Linear Current Regulator Same Thing as Old Large Comparator - or typo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	46714

Which Nityesh shows how to build here:
                              http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...?t=1745&page=8

Comment

yes thank you it is an Error we are aware of. the correct picture is actually in the website for some reason it is pulling the wrong pic reference from the table. we arer working on the error right now. you will get the right -part if you order v

Tom C

Comment

Working...
                                X