CBA Software Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBA Software Update

I received a message from West Mountain and I wanted to post in case others did not get the message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WEST MOUNTAIN RADIO ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A new release of the CBA software has been released. The new version is: New release 2.4.6 of the CBA Software Recent changes include: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WEST MOUNTAIN RADIO ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A new release of the CBA software has been released. The new version is: 2.4.6 Recent changes include: * When starting a new test, it now asks for the file name first. When a test is complete it will automatically save the results to this file without user intervention. * The charge/discharge test options screen has been overhauled to add more options when running these tests. * When overlaying tests, if two test have the same line color it will automatically change one of the colors to a different one. * All current/power/resistance fields now let you enter 3 decimal places. * You can now rename a test after it has been completed. * The installer will now install the CBA4 Windows hardware drivers. * Various other bugs in the software have also been resolved.
    Link to software:
    http://www.westmountainradio.com/kb_...ic.php?id=OT39

There is a new update available.

WEST MOUNTAIN RADIO ---A new release of the CBA software has been released. The new version is: 2.4.9 Recent changes include: * Fixed the un-installer. * Fixed the .bt2 file icon not displaying correctly on Windows 10. * The installer and program are now signed properly, which will remove any messages from Windows saying the software may not be trusted. ---
    Download Link:

Comment

Thanks Bob! I'll be downloading this immediately. My CBA randomly disconnects itself. Really irritating.

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
      There is a new update available.

Download Link:

Comment

Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
        Thanks Bob! I'll be downloading this immediately. My CBA randomly disconnects itself. Really irritating.
        Hi Branch,

I had the same problem with the random disconnecting... I found the problem to be the anderson connectors were losing their connectivity. In order to remedy the situation I simply used 10 AWG wire and soldered the positive/negative battery wires directly to the CBA circuit board (eliminating the anderson connecter), so I am now guaranteed a very solid connection between the battery clamps and the CBA. I made the wires long enough to suit my desired needs as well and now the machine works flawless.

Dave Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
          Hi Branch,

I had the same problem with the random disconnecting... I found the problem to be the anderson connectors were losing their connectivity. In order to remedy the situation I simply used 10 AWG wire and soldered the positive/negative battery wires directly to the CBA circuit board (eliminating the anderson connecter), so I am now guaranteed a very solid connection between the battery clamps and the CBA. I made the wires long enough to suit my desired needs as well and now the machine works flawless.

Dave Wing
          ^ What he said. I have 2 CBA's and both would randomly disconnect and results were up the creek, would see odd spikes and patterns in charge in discharge curves which I originally thought was problems with the battery, impedance etc. Got rid of the rubbish connectors and replaced with screw terminals, thick wire and ring terminals on the batteries and they work perfect now.

James

Comment

Thanks guys. Much needed info. That's a lot of the reason I haven't posted much because my tests are always jacked up.

I'll be working on this hopefully this weekend.

Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WEST MOUNTAIN RADIO ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A new release of the CBA software has been released. The new version is: 2.4.10 Recent changes include: * Fixes for some crashes seen by users using certain locale, language and regional settings. * When exporting to CSV file, values are now encapsualted by quotes to address certain locales where a comma is used for decimal points. Export to a TSV file has not been changed (values are not encapsulated by quotes).
              Just a heads up I got another notice, looks like the last version needed some bug fixes.

Link:

On a side note, i didn't know the deans plugs were flakey? I used them on my main battery hookups for my 8 coiler a few months ago. I didn't notice any problem but now I wonder if I should just go back to ring terminals.

Comment

Working...
              X