Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KarlSchmaltz View Post
    Thanks Zeus!

How do I calculate the frequency of my motor?
    Hi Karl,

There are many ways to calculate frequency. Most common and easy way is to find a way to track the speed in seconds of the rotation of your wheel. 1 revolution in 1 second is 1hz but if you have say 8 poles then you times that by 8. If you get 100 revolution per second with an 8 pole wheel then you get 100x8=800hz. If you are running a self resonating circuit then you will need an oscilloscope or a multimeter that can sense Hz. The best way to track the rotation speed of your wheel is to get a fairly accurate RPM gauge. Either a laser one or a physical one. Try google, ebay, amazon, there are plenty of good ones. Just remember RPM= "rotations per minute" so for instance if you get 100 rotations per minute then you have to divide that by 60 to get rotations per second and therefore get Hz.

Some more advance methods include building sensors from hall effect chips or even 555 chips, but again that's a bit more advanced. I would recommend just getting a laser/LED RPM meter from ebay they are quite cheep.

Hope that helps.
    It is we who must seek the Truth of the universe, to walk the path of enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
    X