* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Making ethanol for car

Hi wrtner,

I think you misunderstood me. I am saying that the SG circuit doesnt deal well with lithium batteries, which means I need an EV with lead acid if I want to enjoy the benefits of the SG tech.

Also, a "Bedini" is not a name of a device, it's the last name of an inventor.

Quote Originally Posted by wrtner View Post
    I don't think the EV cares whether the batteries are Lead or Li. The latter are preferred because their capacity is very much higher for their weight and volume.

carfin2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Branch Gordon View Post
    Hi wrtner,

I think you misunderstood me. I am saying that the SG circuit doesnt deal well with lithium batteries, which means I need an EV with lead acid if I want to enjoy the benefits of the SG tech.

Also, a "Bedini" is not a name of a device, it's the last name of an inventor.
    Bedini was shorthand since he is so associated with the SG and the Watson variant.

My point was that the Lithium batteries could be sold off (or the car bought without batteries) and lead acid ones used instead. On their own, they will have little range and it hard to see how anything, at the moment, will provide energy at the rate at which it is needed, arguably, around 40Kw. An interesting solution might be a very lightweight two seater kit car because it can be bought without an engine, gearbox and clutch for a lot less, allowing funds for the motor, lead acid batteries, controller and a pretty fat Bedini/Watson energiser.

It might interest a lot of people. You might get a lot of support.
    Last edited by wrtner; 06-18-2014 at 09:05 AM.

I like this idea, how realistic would it be to have a small gasifier generator to produce that 40Kw... or - it would be nice to split that lithium battery in half. the gasifier could charge one while the car is using the other and switch as needed. The volt has a built in generator for that same purpose, only they charge the battery as it's being used.
    I guess these principles could be applied to any electric car with enough room.
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick A.

carfin2.jpg
    Bedini was shorthand since he is so associated with the SG and the Watson variant.

My point was that the Lithium batteries could be sold off (or the car bought without batteries) and lead acid ones used instead. On their own, they will have little range and it hard to see how anything, at the moment, will provide energy at the rate at which it is needed, arguably, around 40Kw. An interesting solution might be a very lightweight two seater kit car because it can be bought without an engine, gearbox and clutch for a lot less, allowing funds for the motor, lead acid batteries, controller and a pretty fat Bedini/Watson energiser.

It might interest a lot of people. You might get a lot of support.

I have seen quite a few 5kw generators modded to run on woodgas. the technology is robust and well researched. it's all a matter of how big you want to build the gasifier to get the CFM you need to run your genset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9RZ3bTo0P0

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    I like this idea, how realistic would it be to have a small gasifier generator to produce that 40Kw... or - it would be nice to split that lithium battery in half. the gasifier could charge one while the car is using the other and switch as needed. The volt has a built in generator for that same purpose, only they charge the battery as it's being used.
    I guess these principles could be applied to any electric car with enough room.
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick A.
    These Lotus 7 type kits have plenty of space. You have a spaceframe, then fit your electric motor which is not very big, and the rest is yours, subject to getting the body to fit
    http://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/u...a_kit_car.html

When you say "gasifier", I presume that you mean a cylinder of the gas, previously compressed. If you are planning to cart around the plant and a load of fire wood, your vehicle may end up looking a bit like this:
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/K4kQP...et/cMTdh1YdybX
    Last edited by wrtner; 06-19-2014 at 09:28 AM.

ha ha lol - chitty chitty bang bang anyone...

more like this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heilmann_locomotive
    450px-FuséeElectrique.jpg

or any other combo therein...

These Lotus 7 type kits have plenty of space. You have a spaceframe, then fit your electric motor which is not very big, and the rest is yours, subject to getting the body to fit
    http://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/u...a_kit_car.html

When you say "gasifier", I presume that you mean a cylinder of the gas, previously compressed. If you are planning to cart around the plant and a load of fire wood, your vehicle may end up looking a bit like this:
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/K4kQP...et/cMTdh1YdybX

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Here is the car I bought a couple weeks ago for my conversion project. It's a 1985 VW Golf. Runs great. Plan is to convert to run on ethanol, and then see if I can get Aaron's plasma ignition going in it.

golf1.jpggolf2.jpg

Gonna grab one of the Charles 803 stills to make my batches of ethanol. And I have a large marshy area behind my house that will be perfect for growing cattails (which have a huge yield/acre when making ethanol).

I probably won't touch this for awhile until I finish up some other projects. Working on a solid state SG to connect to my harbor freight solar panel, and would like to wrap up my work with the crystal cells. Also my small flock of sheep is not so small anymore and their home needs some attention.

But I think this is going to be the perfect car for this project. Any insight welcome.

Branch

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    you will then need lead acid for your power source....

Tom C
    Nicads and nmh respond well to the bedini tech as far as i can tell.. an old battery pack from a Prius could be used?

+ 1 on the geet system, i would run a small gen set with a PM generator charging batteries or running an electric motor to drive the car etc.. the good thing about conversion with geet is that, with modern 22 percent alcohol super yeast i dowt you would even need to bother distilling it to work in a geet system, (maybee an electric preheater will be needed however) (i have used 90 percent water and it will run when hot) and if you run out of alcohol water mix, you could stick in some waste oil of some type, you could always mix in a squirt of hydroxy gas and use plasma ignition systems..

a very very small generator in the boot could get rid of the alternator (or convert it to a motor for assist) and run a variable output hydroxy system on the power overhead.
    this could be done very cheaply indeed