WARNING: Spam Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING: Spam Protection

We now have some very heavy duty spam protection installed.

If you happen to have a post automatically deleted by accident or similar, be sure to let us know ASAP.

ATTN: SPAMMERS - if you spam here, your username, email and most importantly the IP address will be automatically sent to a database, which will block you from registering from that IP address at any other forum using the same spam protection - which is THOUSANDS of forums all over the world.
    Admin
    Energy Science Forum

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THIS FORUM, PLEASE READ THIS F.A.Q. FIRST. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fa...=vb3_board_faq

I tried to post 2 messages in the Four Wave Mixing thread about 20 hours ago, they still haven't shown up yet. When I tried to submit them I was told they were waiting for admin approval. I'm not sure if they were spam blocked or if an admin just hasn't verified their content yet. I was trying to answer some questions from another user. I'd prefer to answer them in public so others in the future who have the same questions will be able to find the answers without having to re-ask them. But I'm considering replying to the user in private messages so he can get his answers sooner and move forward sooner. Is it possible to add some users to a white-list so they don't have to go through this?

Thanks,
    Mike

Comment

I will second this have tried to post three different rather lenghty responses on the same thread only to get the moderator will review message and then nothing further. Don't know now if the content has been lost to the luminferous ether. Thx

Paul

Comment

I have had one new thread not show up for 4 days now and 1 post that never showed up. Tho both had links, one to some youtube videos and one to a circuit simulator site.
        It is we who must seek the Truth of the universe, to walk the path of enlightenment.

Comment

ZeusZcid brings up a good point, mine did have links in them as well (links to a few parts I bought for the schematic in the four wave mixing thread). Does this mean we can't post any links from now on? Or will that be changed/fixed?

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

I have a feeling this spam filter is more strict for people with "Junior Member" status as I saw a post from someone with "Member" status that was able to post a link.

Comment

I guess that is a good idea to restrict junior members till they can be trusted. But do think that they should be gone over by a moderator not an auto spam filter for junior members. Even if it takes a few day to confirm a post if the moderators are busy then I would be fine with that.
              It is we who must seek the Truth of the universe, to walk the path of enlightenment.

Comment

Guys, curious to know if you are using the globe with goggles icon, or just pasting in the URL?

John K.

Comment

I had just pasted links, not using the link icon first.

Testing without using link icon first:
                  Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components

It seems to work fine in this thread. It automatically adds the url and /url tags for me and added some text to the link from that site.

If I use the link icon it makes the URL and /URL tags for me (capitalized) and the text is only what I pasted (the actual URL). It doesn't contain the descriptive text as the link above:
                  http://www.parts-express.com

I'll try in the four wave mixing thread to see if it works there.
                  Update: It seems to work there as well (but I deleted it after testing to keep the thread clean, so you won't see it if you look).

Maybe I need to add more content to the message along with the link to activate the spam filter? Or maybe the admin solved the issue? I'm not sure.

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                  Guys, curious to know if you are using the globe with goggles icon, or just pasting in the URL?

John K.
                  Last edited by TheGooch; 09-03-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

It is also possible that the number of posts are counted for the newbies making their first couple of posts. And after making some posts the spam filter qualifies a new member as not a spammer?

Another issue: A new member Skywatcher made his first post in the Bedini SG - Official Monopole Forum / Bedini Monopole 3 - Beginners / Energizers with COP>1 thread, he uploaded a picture into his first post but he did not see his post appearing after he submitted it. However John K answered it... and seeing the answer, Skywatcher made a second post which appeared nicely and later he included in it the same picture too and it can also be seen since then. But his very first post is still invisible.

Gyula

Comment

Admin had service down in the area and couldn't log in.

The junior/senior member is an automatic thing. When someone posts x amount of messages, it automatically increases. It is not a trust or permissions issue. The junior members can do anything the senior members do. It just means senior members have contributed more posts than junior members - that's all.

I'll check into the posts that say they need moderating.

Can only guess that when a brand new member comes in and posts a bunch of messages, it might look like it is spam - in any case, we'll get it checked out.
                      Admin
                      Energy Science Forum

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THIS FORUM, PLEASE READ THIS F.A.Q. FIRST. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fa...=vb3_board_faq

Comment

Yes, they were all in a validation queue. Just validated all of them so they should all show up now.

We'll look into the settings to see if we can reduce the strictness.
                        Admin
                        Energy Science Forum

Comment

Thanks admin!

Comment

The spam protection has been softened a bit so registered users should not have their posts auto-moderated. They should post immediately without "disappearing".

If anyone posts and the post immediately disappears, please post here and let us know.
                            Admin
                            Energy Science Forum

Comment

We haven't heard from anyone about posts not disappearing anymore so we'll take that as a sign that it is 100% perfect now.

If anyone has trouble registering but is blocked as a spammer, read this...

If you are blocked as a spammer when you tried to register, that is because someone in the past has submitted your email or IP address to a spam database as a spammer. That means you are unable to register at thousands of sites all over the internet because of this.

If you really aren't a spammer and want to be removed from the spam database, go here: Stop Forum Spam

It is very important that you are very polite or they may not remove you. Enter your information and explain your situation.

We at Energy Science Forum have nothing to do with you being blocked. We will only add someone to the database AFTER they register at his forum and actually spam it. That is the only time so if you're blocked at registration, just know that it is not us.
                              Admin
                              Energy Science Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X