Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello georg

just starting to follow on this thread
    anny results on the car battery ? what was the mix ratio?
    i think about testing this as well

kind regards
    weasel

Comment

Originally posted by wild weasel View Post
      hello georg

just starting to follow on this thread
      anny results on the car battery ? what was the mix ratio?
      i think about testing this as well

kind regards
      weasel
      It looks like Epsom salt can be used as a alternative for alum, but I'm not 100% sure, as the capacity of the battery is quite low after the conversion, around 15 Ah. It might be because the battery was to old to begin with!? I have to try alum with my battery, before I can recommend Epsom. I tried many different mix ratios... I started with 1/10 (Epsom/water) and ended with 1/2. I did notice little better capacity with mixes over 1/10, but after 1/6 it didn't make any difference.
      If you have free time and useless batteries then you can try this out by your self as this can be fun project
      Last edited by Georg Seema; 06-24-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Anything that I have seen or read, especially by John Bedini states not to use Epsom salts. It will slowly destroy the battery's chemistry. As far as finding alum just look on eBay. The stuff is super cheap there, and there are many eBay store to choose from

Comment

for future conversions iherb now sell Aluminium Ammonium Sulfate (just search alum on website) which I believe is the most sought after and hardest to get. I have tried pool floc or regular ph reducer Aluminium Sulfate and Aluminium Ammonium Sulfate the later had much better results.

Comment

Originally posted by Georg Seema View Post
            Yesterday I started converting one of my lead batteries with magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt). I'll post here when it is done and how it turned out...
            Hi Gorge,
            Yes desulfating your batteries : use 5 strands SSG first to desulphate first.. cycle them few times (Charge/Discharge), and then you can use the same set up to Cap dump the batteries in the Generator mode..
            tell us what happens.. I'm sure your batteries should be back in top shape
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
            X