Bedini 1984 Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
    Here is a 555 timer circuit using a SCR.. Replace the SCR with a MJL21194 transistor, and it will work good.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6538[/ATTACH]
    If using this, also replace coil with the relay component so you can get the hard on hard off commutator effect which I believe is the reason for the build in the first place :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
      Hey. I want to explore the 555 timer/relay circuit. I am searching for the relay component and found this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/JQX-62F-D...&wl13=&veh=sem

I also have this schematic: [ATTACH=CONFIG]6537[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6537[/ATTACH]

Am I on the right track? Is there a better schematic/components?

Thanks
      Doug
      ps, I would highly recommend pulsing this with the arduino like bob demonstrates pulsing a coil... arduino gives you I higher level of control in the microseconds and is very straight forward. with this setup you will see the pre-spike :-)

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
        If using this, also replace coil with the relay component so you can get the hard on hard off commutator effect which I believe is the reason for the build in the first place :-)
        Yes..Thanks. The commutator effect is what I am looking to use this for. I have that relay on order so I will give it a go when it comes in.

I need to get on board with the Arduino.

Comment

Working...
        X