* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CPD mod - capacitor potentiometer diode modification

Bonjour min2oly.

Dans ce nouveau circuit que vous nous proposez, Je souhaiterais savoir si la batterie primaire se decharge plus ou moins rapidement qu'avec le montage originel.

Merci de me repondre.
    Cordialement.

Hello min2oly.

* In this new circuit you are proposing, I would like to know if the primary battery discharges faster or slower than the original installation.

Thank you to answer me.
    bests regards.
    Pour moi, le principal, dans le fonctionnement du systeme Bedini, est l'energie rayonnante (temps 7) laquelle a pour but de recharger la batterie primaire.

Comment amplifier cette energie afin que la batterie primaire soit totalement chargée?

PS: I do not understand the american's language.
    I call a google translation to try to communicate with you ....

Bonjour,
    what is intactsaphir?

Thank you,
    Patrick A.

Quote Originally Posted by intactsaphir View Post
    Bonjour min2oly.

Dans ce nouveau circuit que vous nous proposez, Je souhaiterais savoir si la batterie primaire se decharge plus ou moins rapidement qu'avec le montage originel.

Merci de me repondre.
    Cordialement.

Hello min2oly.

* In this new circuit you are proposing, I would like to know if the primary battery discharges faster or slower than the original installation.

Thank you to answer me.
    bests regards.

Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Bonjour,
    what is intactsaphir?

Thank you,
    Patrick A.
    hello
    What is intactsaphir?
    It is my French pseudonym?

What is min2oly?

bests regards.
    Pour moi, le principal, dans le fonctionnement du systeme Bedini, est l'energie rayonnante (temps 7) laquelle a pour but de recharger la batterie primaire.

Comment amplifier cette energie afin que la batterie primaire soit totalement chargée?

PS: I do not understand the american's language.
    I call a google translation to try to communicate with you ....

Hi Aln,
    I'll reply to your inquiry here. I kind of like reading this info all in one thread rather than hunting down snippets...

Not having the resistor there may very well have been the answer...

So I'm assuming you mean the transistor is heating up. Transistors heat up for one reason... too much current through the transistor.

there are many ways to bring that down. find the post where I talk about what the resistor does vs the pot vs the diode in relation to ON time vs duty cycle vs number of pulses.

Once you can control these 3 things, you will control the current going through the transistor.

Also......... what is the resistance on your 14 Awg wire? How many feet you got there :-)
    KR - Patrick A.

Quote Originally Posted by aln View Post
    To answer joe's question from last year before I hijack his thread, too much! I am currently working on a couple projects I had hoped to share by now but this question is related to an issue I am having. When using the SS SSG w/ CPD mod, I am finding that if I put a resistor after the Cap/pot and before the diode it will get HOT. My solution was to just not have the resistor there, but maybe I did something wrong, any insight would be helpful. Aln [#14 power #20 trigger, MJL21194 transistor, air core, 10k pot.]

in my cpd ssg i also get heat in my resistor thats parallel with the capacitor.... its rheostat and a 100 ohm 20w resistor so it never falls below 100 ohms... i never really get much heat on my trannies but that 100 ohm resistor gets pretty damn hot.... it sure charges amazing but always wondered why there was so much heat there

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
    in my cpd ssg i also get heat in my resistor thats parallel with the capacitor.... its rheostat and a 100 ohm 20w resistor so it never falls below 100 ohms... i never really get much heat on my trannies but that 100 ohm resistor gets pretty damn hot.... it sure charges amazing but always wondered why there was so much heat there
    Hi Brodie,
    any heat produced is heat wasted, my first analysis would be to look at the size cap you are using vs resistance across that cap. The cap is what should drive your frequency. you can change the freq by sizing the cap. You might be driving it too hard?

Large cap takes longer to fill therefore your freq will be slower. You want to size the cap based on your coil and the battery you are charging.

once you do that then you bring in the resistance across the cap. Watch this method for that:

Here are a few ramblings I hoped might help anyone trying to get free triggering and better charging from their solid state devices. It should be very simple:

Kind Regards,
    Patrick

Some people have left out the Pot/resistor across the cap and the diode altogether and have had fantastic results just using the cap. Being able to do this will depend on your transistors and coil...
    Hope that helps,
    Patrick A.

ive got a 8 primary 18awg and a 20awg trigger...130'.... its air core and im using one of those yellow 250v capacitors of ricks.... i thought you were running one of yours off this same cap?? the frequency is quite low about 850hz when running it at full power (4amps) and about 1500hz at the point of switchover to squarewave.... about 2.2 amps

Hi Aln,
    I'll reply to your inquiry here. I kind of like reading this info all in one thread rather than hunting down snippets...

Not having the resistor there may very well have been the answer...

So I'm assuming you mean the transistor is heating up. Transistors heat up for one reason... too much current through the transistor.

there are many ways to bring that down. find the post where I talk about what the resistor does vs the pot vs the diode in relation to ON time vs duty cycle vs number of pulses.

Once you can control these 3 things, you will control the current going through the transistor.

Also......... what is the resistance on your 14 Awg wire? How many feet you got there :-)
    KR - Patrick A.
    I have 2 different coils that I am playing with, both have heat on the resistor I tried to describe (in series with the cap that is across the pot and then this hot resistor then to the diode then to the base of the transistor that also gets hot with that resistor in).

One coil is 4 filar, one #20 and three #14. this coil I have the the #20 and one of the #14's in series for the trigger and the other 2 pwr winds in series. Each was about 45', now 90' as they have been placed in series.

The other coil very unconventional: its about 65' of #14 and 130' of #20 (and an extra strand of 75' of #28 to play around with as a generator). So possibly I have too little of resistance/inductance on the #14 wire with my current set up. Thanks for bringing me to this thread, knew it existed but forgot where it was. Al

Patrick,
    Just looked at your schematic again and I did not put the 100 ohm resistor after the diode before the base will that help? I'll try it. Al

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
    ive got a 8 primary 18awg and a 20awg trigger...130'.... its air core and im using one of those yellow 250v capacitors of ricks.... i thought you were running one of yours off this same cap?? the frequency is quite low about 850hz when running it at full power (4amps) and about 1500hz at the point of switchover to squarewave.... about 2.2 amps
    Fantastic! That's a good cap for that coil. Now, did you try the experiment I show in the video w/o the diode or resistor?
    Patrick