* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CPD mod - capacitor potentiometer diode modification

Hey Patrick,

wanted to ask about the big blue caps you have across both batteries in ur cpd mod vids? Do they help the charging in some way? What is their purpose? I have ran my ss sg and had good results with out the caps but I do have a few of them to i will be trying it out. I am almost done converting a UPS into a SS SG charger box. I'll post a vid on that asap.

Also, have you done any work with Tesla Impulse Technology...I saw in on one of the Energy From the Vaccum DVD's and looks really cool. Good Ol' BroMikey has gotten into it abit...

http://youtu.be/ZSppzzXWG6c

Cheers

Joe

Hi Bob,
    before you abandon ship, give the extra trigger wire a shot w/ the 1uF and a branch potentiometer. There is more balancing to be done w/ the mod than at first glance.
    I look forward to your microcontroller work. Especially want to see how you accomplished that dump boost thing.
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Hi Patrick,

Hey bud I really appreciate all of your help and going all out making more video. I have come up with something else for the moment for triggering, by now you know I favor that micro controller. I have used that thing for so many configurations and now we can add trigger control to that list. I am going to post something over on my thread if your interested it should be up later tonight.

I don't want to muck up this thread with my method since this is exclusively about CPD.

Hi Joster,
    Those caps are necessary on the solar to accumulate energy from the panel between pulses. There is no need for them on the battery powered builds, I just happen to have them laying around, I saw JB use one on his pendulum and I thought "so that the EYE OF THE IGNORANT MAY NOT PERCEIVE INSIDE THE CASE" :-)
    If you are using a power supply, the caps will help smooth out the spikes and save your power supply.

I gave a lame try at those tesla impulse coils a few years ago before i knew much. Those are tricky. you can place a FWBR across them and get energy from them no problem. The problem is getting the right awg and length so they do not steal any of the energy going to your charge battery.
    When I tried it, that was way before I ever made a cap pulser, I think that might help as well. Rectify to a cap then pulse to another battery.

I'm just guessing though. It would be nice if John Bedini expanded on what it is we should be looking for and what we need to think about while balancing those.

Let us know what you run into, post here or create a thread...
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Joster View Post
    Hey Patrick,

wanted to ask about the big blue caps you have across both batteries in ur cpd mod vids? Do they help the charging in some way? What is their purpose? I have ran my ss sg and had good results with out the caps but I do have a few of them to i will be trying it out. I am almost done converting a UPS into a SS SG charger box. I'll post a vid on that asap.

Also, have you done any work with Tesla Impulse Technology...I saw in on one of the Energy From the Vaccum DVD's and looks really cool. Good Ol' BroMikey has gotten into it abit...

http://youtu.be/ZSppzzXWG6c

Cheers

Joe

Hi Bob,
    before you abandon ship, give the extra trigger wire a shot w/ the 1uF and a branch potentiometer. There is more balancing to be done w/ the mod than at first glance.
    I look forward to your microcontroller work. Especially want to see how you accomplished that dump boost thing.
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick
    Doh! Too late ;-)

It's nothing against CPD, hell I have used it before and had great results. If you remember a long time ago I had made a spin off based on your work where I was using photo-resistors and led's to create a frequency controller for the trigger? Well what I am doing with the MC is similar to that but FAR better than the previous attempt.

It can be frustrating to have others try and replicate something we work on especially when they have an issue. I have had people tell me that the mosfet board I use doesn't work and just can't switch fast enough, Lol I wanted to tear my hair out but in the end we all run into our own issues that may hold us back. I can switch that board down too 2 thousandths of a second and pass 45v on a 99k capacitor using it as a dumper. To anyone reading I highly recommend you DO play with Patrick's CPD because I did for a long time on smaller systems and it will help you understand some things which you might otherwise miss and if tuned properly it will improve performance. Many thanks Patrick for your help with this and for all the contributions you make to the group.

I'm writing this in general to anyone who's reading, that's you - HI!

While I did not get to hear bob's coils w/ the 1uf cap on. I've been doing some more long runs on the wheel so I had some time to investigate some other situations that might cause your system to hit the point of no return too soon.
    a couple of things,

Burnt POT across the cap - I happened along this one as I was trying out different sized POT's. Since the pot was the only thing I changed, it was easy to pinpoint. Put the pot on your ohms meter and sweep it making sure there are no little hops.
    This software and a mic was as useful as a scope in finding the burnt spot. It's very easy to burn these pots if you're passing too much current.
    make sure and have a good branch resistor - see below...
    http://www.sillanumsoft.org/

The second thing I found was if your Branch resistor is too small, both in watts and size it's pretty easy to skip a whole range of pulse frequencies. I have a 2 watt 5k POT for this 4filer and it works very nicely.

Third and most obvious for most - loose wires, bad solder, BREADBOARD. I like my bread boards, but they have too much metal too close and they create too much capacitance between rows for these ckts. Many times this will interfere and cause strange things to happen - some good most badddddd.

Another very cool thing to try is get it working w/ 1 transistor, then add one power winding on at a time, monitor your batteries, the pulses and the temp on your transistors.

Cool Stuff,
    Patrick A

Here are a few ramblings I hoped might help anyone trying to get free triggering and better charging from their solid state devices. It should be very simple:

Kind Regards,
    Patrick

Here's a little CAP trick to find where resonance is visa-vi CAP and trigger coil...

I don't quite get it together in the vid, but this can be accomplished w/ the software listed in my earlier post.
    KR,
    Patrick

I'm comparing the Vanilla SSG to the Vanilla CPD mod - yes there are other things to do to increase the efficiency further... just comparing V vs V:

I perform a quick, down and dirty CPD modification to the 8T kit from Teslagenx.
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick A.

Thanks for vid, I questioned your method when you did not discharge between charging and started .1 volts higher with the solidstate, but you finished well, Basically showing 2x the charge rate with solidstate. from 12.79v to 13.13 wheeled (short rest), then 12.89 to 12.21 solid state (shorter rest), then 13.06 to 13.21 wheeled again all in 10 minute increments. Or maybe the ss was a little fluff so the wheel had to pick up the slack at the end and give it a real charge. Information can always be manipilated and misinterpreted. Thx for time shared. Aln

pat to be a fair test a full run and discharge times should compared