The Squareperpole SSG :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Squareperpole SSG :)

So what do you do when you decide to take off your 26" bike wheel to reposition the magnets and rebalance? we'll if your me and have built an easily adjustable SSG, you make 20 square superpole magnets, attach them to your other 20" wheel and stick them on the SSG while the 26" is being sorted and call it the "Squareperpole", yeahaahh.

And the results are actually pretty good, in fact it would seem to be working a bit better than my 26" (not withstanding my 26" needs more tuning) on my SSG. RPM is 290, It draws about 1.25A for the same charge rate of the 26", The 26" was drawing 1.6 for that rate.

I have gone a little mental with the SSG stuff and was "told" by the missus to watch the spending, but just before that I took advantage of a special on a magnet retailers site selling square 25mm x 25mm x 12.5mm magnets and thought to myself "they would fit nicely in the rim of my 20" wheel and reduce wind resistance".

One thing I instantly noticed is it runs really quiet. I did pay special attention to balance and magnet spacing, so maybe that's it.

I have no idea what I am doing but I'm absolutely loving it haha.

A pic of it below, might do a little vid later perhaps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Squareperpole.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	51147
    Last edited by jelloir; 05-28-2014, 02:25 AM.

Vid!

Pic of magnets

Click image for larger version

Name:	squareperpolemags.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	46314
    Last edited by jelloir; 05-28-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Haha a little mental! I know exactly what you mean! My wife has NO idea the money I have dropped over the years on this stuff....if she did there would be a terrible fight haha!

I like what you have done with your coil adjustment base. I may watch your earlier vid more closely and try to convert mine at a later date.

Originally posted by jelloir View Post
      So what do you do when you decide to take off your 26" bike wheel to reposition the magnets and rebalance? we'll if your me and have built an easily adjustable SSG, you make 20 square superpole magnets, attach them to your other 20" wheel and stick them on the SSG while the 26" is being sorted and call it the "Squareperpole", yeahaahh.

And the results are actually pretty good, in fact it would seem to be working a bit better than my 26" (not withstanding my 26" needs more tuning) on my SSG. RPM is 290, It draws about 1.25A for the same charge rate of the 26", The 26" was drawing 1.6 for that rate.

I have gone a little mental with the SSG stuff and was "told" by the missus to watch the spending, but just before that I took advantage of a special on a magnet retailers site selling square 25mm x 25mm x 12.5mm magnets and thought to myself "they would fit nicely in the rim of my 20" wheel and reduce wind resistance".

One thing I instantly noticed is it runs really quiet. I did pay special attention to balance and magnet spacing, so maybe that's it.

I have no idea what I am doing but I'm absolutely loving it haha.

A pic of it below, might do a little vid later perhaps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3476[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
      X