Video of Bedini SSG-esqe alternate magent arrangement rotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Bedini SSG-esqe alternate magent arrangement rotor

I can't keep up with it all, but saw user "Bedini-Ukraine" was looking at superpole arrangements, something I have not done. Wanted to post this video of different magnetic arrangements in terms of rotational speed.

Background:

I first got this idea from video poster JZD14me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBkvzbw5cDM he's got a physical bipolar commutator going on and I just thought this was interesting. Next Tom Bearden explained to me, in one of the energy from the vacuum series (will have to dig it out) that when you have magnets on a rotor offset from one another, a magnetic gradient is there that an electromagnetic core would "see". His explanation demystified the whole V-gate magnetic motor thing for me. He also mentioned that there were, before "hampered" attempts to commercialize this technology. I also saw 10 seconds of John Bedini having built something on this approach many moons ago. So I figured, really simple explanation that even I can understand, something like this was ready for commercialization, maybe even I can build something that would show a difference using super glue and masking tape. So this video looks at a progressive series of tests of further inset permanent magnets on a rotor.

Discussion: I quite honestly, to my knowledge, and certainly never practically, have done anything over-unity. I realize more and more as I get into this why JB mentioned to just first do things exactly to his specs, I just have too much fun going all over the place. Don't know what would happen to the magnitude of the inductive spike with this set-up, that is an interesting question. Otherwise looks pretty good, in part 2 I will show how this set-up behaves at very low voltages, it just takes so long to video edit all this nonsense.

On a different note, I have been thinking a lot about how to actually build this with some precision, when I talked to a machine shop I realized I was looking at 200-1,000 dollars for a stinking 6 inch rotor. I did a search on "Maryland 3D printing" and found that the county over from me started a 3d printing lab one month ago to increase the use and adoption of 3D printing. Also heard that a library in Washington DC has open time to print stuff on a 3D printer. So I am in discussions to actually do an improved version(s) of this rotor. More to the point, for maybe half of what people need to build that requires precision, there looks to possibly be an inexpensive way to do this with 3D printing.

Here is the parsed video of the experiments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dulg...ature=youtu.be

Will post a video of this thing causing rotation at low volts next, but I think it is etiquette for stupid energy related videos to often have a bad soundtrack appended, to the extent possible will try to follow such in future. However, this girl went to high school a couple towns over from me, never heard of her until a few months ago, we lost her to melanoma a few years back so in place of a soundtrack to my video I give you the Great Eva Cassidy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RDmXsGeiF8

Ciao

Paul
    Last edited by ZPDM; 05-25-2014, 04:59 AM.

Paul
    the link is privet to me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dulg...ature=youtu.be
    GUY NOW IT DONT EXIST

Comment

Try it now, maybe this will work.

Last edited by ZPDM; 05-25-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

this video is private

Comment

Thanks Guy,

I am new at this, it looks like the video was saved but not published on Youtube. I've now published it. Appreciate your patience, maybe it works now that I've published it??

Comment

Here's two more videos, which I think are published and available, hopefully no further problems. The first looks at the alternate magnet arrangement at very low volts, the second is a few seconds on another different magnetic arrangement. When I am saying 0.02 and 0.03 volts in the first video, which I do repeatedly, I should have said 0.1, 0.2 etc volts, what a moran I am. The lowest voltage that registers on the DC generator is 0.1 volts and registrable amp draw 0.01 amps. I have a blizzard of questions still on this thing and there are a lot of alternate ways to run this. A few questions off the top of my head, 1) what is the radiant/inductive spike like with this set-up? I realize now there is a heck of a lot engineering going into getting a good inductive spike from a well tuned Bedini SSG most of which I don't understand. Does this arrangement allow for a good back spike capture if set up correctly. 2) Maybe you can go with the normal coil/sensor coil set-up, looks off the top of my head the timing might be all screwy but have no idea and it would simplify things. 3) How does a pick-up coil like this? there will certainly be less resistance there is also less magnetic flux that it sees as the magnets gradually move away, so one might be chasing one's tail. Using the terminology from the 3rd video, my very very preliminary (I am too sick of gluing magnets to do more) findings are if you have one complete racing stripe north facing then another complete racing strip south facing this seems to work fine in terms of the V-gate effect on the electromagnet core. Does a pickup coil view the changing polarity as a big change in magnetic flux or not? Even if it didn't, if this arrangement shows an improvement in efficiency and one wanted to capture some electricity from a pick-up coil one could think of a triple decker set-up with one deck driving things one deck for the timing and one deck for pick-up coils. You also don't have to run this thing as a pulse motor, as JZDs14me showed you can just run it full on. So in summary, I am fairly to very confident I have a highly efficient way of running a room fan if nothing else. I am going to be working on getting a 3d printed rotor, or a few different rotors. Then I can screw in and unscrew different magnets in different arrangements without it taking hours and while maintaining some precision. Am waiting on trying to get a better rotor(s) now and in the meantime encourage people to take a look at this alternative magnet arrangement approach, don't know but it just may play well with the Bedini SSG battery charger machine. Got a lot of shinola, mainly good shinola, going on but may do a further update at some future point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UPq7WVQh4A

I still need to include background music, or if you just want to skip the videos, here's Beatles, Glass Onion and John Mayer's Broken Time, I don't think pulse motors actually break up time (at least I don't think so) but it came to mind anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc2OvDSrgBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNE3tw0Nao

Ciao,

Paul
            Last edited by ZPDM; 05-28-2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Hi Paul,
              I like where you are headed with this. My introduction on the scene years back was via pure magnet motors. This led me to the SSG so it was natural to combine them. I had to dig it out of a box:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	MagGateSSG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	46321
              I found that having the magnets on the outside was less conducive to people cringing around the dinner table otherwise known as my workbench :-)
              I look forward to your progress.
              Kind Regards,
              Patrick A.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

People spend a lot of time trying to build a V-Gate all magnetic motor or an excellent pulse/Bedini SSG motor, I am just trying to point out, with masking tape and superglue, the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. I am going to be curious what progress (and how quickly) I make with 3D printing.

Keep up the Good Work!

ZPDM
                Last edited by ZPDM; 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Paul I appreciate your taking the time to post your work, thanks.

I don't think I understand really what you are showing however. Would you mind breaking it down into basic terms what is going on here?

What I think I am seeing is this, am I close?

You use mostly the permanent magnets for propulsion of the wheel but then use a small pulse at the right time to keep it from sticking and to go around again?

Side note:
                  From what you appear to be using in terms of low energy I bet a copper magnesium cell would run your device nicely.

Comment

Thanks BobZilla,

It has a lot in common with a Bedini SSG pulse motor/battery charger. In that machine as the iron core of the electromagnet comes towards a permanent magnet it is attracted to it, once past the magnet the sensor coil trips on the electromagnet and the electromagnet is now repulsed by the permanent magnet (in repulsion mode) hence rotation. The only difference here is that there is a ramp of magnets. The iron core first sees the most distant one and is slightly attracted to it. As it moves past that first magnet it then sees one just a little closer to it and so it is now attracted to that one, so on and so forth along the ramp of magnets until you are at the one right at the outside of the rotor and you do that same trick as in the Bedini SSG and just pulse the coil for a split second to get past the sticking point. As I figured that really gradually ramp up of magnetic field wouldn't work with a sensor coil set-up (I am not so sure now having played around with it for a bit but still don't know) I took a reed relay then used a second (double decker set-up) rotor, with just timing magnets to provide the pulse in the same place you would get with an SSG, despite there being this ramp of magnets. With just two single magnets, didn't write this down and might be making a big fish story from my memory but I think it took 1.0 or 1.2 volts for sustained rotation. It did better than that with more magnets added as a ramp and just the same two pulses each rotation. So in the Bedini SSG some of the rotation is from the permanent magnets and likewise with this alternative magnet arrangement. Not sure if that is any clearer but yes, you got it. its just like when Charlie Brown would always get a running start to kick the football than Lucy would pull it away at the last second. Can't say I have any copper magnesium cells, but an earth battery crossed my mind the other day, Saw a video where experimenter "lidmotor" ran a small SSG with one, would think this would run off one also. Right now though I am just sick of tying to place and glue magnets, hence the foray into 3D printing and hopefully I'll have a set-up where I can screw in and unscrew magnets. Of course the real magic with the Bedini SSG is with capturing that radiant spike and if for some reason this set-up doesn't produce a good clean spike then it might not work well as a radiant charger.

Comment

Thought I'd share a bit more than just the picture. One of the biggest hurdles I came across w/ this was getting the coil core to act as the last magnet, "the gate" Just as you describe the attraction gets stronger w/ each magnet then you get to the last gate and the coil does it's thing. With my setup the coil was the last magnet and it was always a challenge to get the coil core to attract that rotor more than the last magnet in the rotation. I just added a magnet to the back of the core, that's all it took.
                      You don't have that problem w/ your arrangement which makes this very interesting to me, that external switch will be key, reed is fine you can get it to trigger a transistor if you want to increase the voltage. You can also use a hall sensor and an external timing wheel will help. You must already have all this planned out, I'll just be patient...
                      Kind Regards,
                      Patrick

PS you'll harvest the spike just fine w/ that external trigger, you may also get some additional charging to the primary prior to the switch just before the gate.
                      Last edited by min2oly; 05-30-2014, 06:19 AM. Reason: PS

Comment

that is a wankel rotary magnetic motor concept. JB has one in his lab. small selenoid to push the rotor at the right time, his is built vertically, to harness gravity also.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi Tom,
                          I remember that one.
                          Energy From The Vacuum 16 Equilibrium
                          JB used repulsion, rotor is spinning clockwise.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	EFV16Equilibrium.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	46329
                          Paul stick w/ your setup, I have not seen anyone do it that way. Of course I have not seen everything...
                          Kind Regards,
                          Patrick

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                          that is a wankel rotary magnetic motor concept. JB has one in his lab. small selenoid to push the rotor at the right time, his is built vertically, to harness gravity also.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post

Tom C
                            ....And a flywheel

NoFear

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                              Thought I'd share a bit more than just the picture. One of the biggest hurdles I came across w/ this was getting the coil core to act as the last magnet, "the gate" Just as you describe the attraction gets stronger w/ each magnet then you get to the last gate and the coil does it's thing. With my setup the coil was the last magnet and it was always a challenge to get the coil core to attract that rotor more than the last magnet in the rotation. I just added a magnet to the back of the core, that's all it took.
                              You don't have that problem w/ your arrangement which makes this very interesting to me, that external switch will be key, reed is fine you can get it to trigger a transistor if you want to increase the voltage. You can also use a hall sensor and an external timing wheel will help. You must already have all this planned out, I'll just be patient...
                              Kind Regards,
                              Patrick

PS you'll harvest the spike just fine w/ that external trigger, you may also get some additional charging to the primary prior to the switch just before the gate.
                              Patrick,
                              I can see how what you built was sort of a photo negative of the thing I built and I get what you are saying about a magnet on the core to bring it across far enough to trip the sensor coil, you could likely add a "second deck" for timing with your previous build. Now I am wondering what a magnet on the core might do with my set-up, maybe better, maybe worse, but I wonder whether it would emphasize the permanent magnet ramp a bit. Yeah reed becomes problematic > 5-6 volts or fast spin but fine at the moment for proof of concept stuff. Was thinking about throwing the sensor coil up to the second timing deck -> transistor. Put together some specs for 3D printing, no idea how this will go may take a week a month or not at all. But am encouraged that I told them I couldn't do the 3D cad and they gave me someone to send the specs to to draft it. If this is timely and not too expensive well who knows but I might be able to help other people with their tchotkes if I have the Yiddish right. Again, as I said in my last comment the OU from the SSG is from the radiant spike and the rotor is basically timing. This set-up definitely improves the torque of the timing mechanism but I'll want to go past superglue and masking tape to know more. Did pick up a large Litzed coil from TeslaGenx so if the radiant is still good, at least I know, all else being equal, I have a coil that at 12-24 V will give a great spike, though quite often, as I suspect you have seen, all else isn't quite equal once you get to the details.

Comment

Working...
                              X