• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
    Hi Tom,
    I remember that one.
    Energy From The Vacuum 16 Equilibrium
    JB used repulsion, rotor is spinning clockwise.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3499[/ATTACH]
    Paul stick w/ your setup, I have not seen anyone do it that way. Of course I have not seen everything...
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick
    That was the two minute snippet of video I saw for why I mentioned in the original post that I had seen that Bedini had looked at this concept years back, couldn't find the excerpt again, thx, will need to pick up EFTV 16. Yes of course a Wankle motor is a closely related concept. Of course I also saw a picture where Bedini shows an all magnet motor, has notes saying something like "four magnetic theories shown here", like an idiot I didn't save it and can't find it again. Pretty busy hobby wise with this project but if someone knowledgeable can reference it, that is also something I want to learn about. Have to say though I first started thinking about this from that video by JZDs14me, where he built the same sort of rotor with half the magnets N facing out and half S facing out then built a physical bipolar commutator. I thought, you know, for once I may actual know a little bit more about how to do the electronics part, you could use a reed switch/hall effect sensor to do what he is doing with physical commutation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nofear View Post
      ....And a flywheel

NoFear
      That flywheel could make a good spacer to a second deck rotor with timing magnets. Thx!

Comment

Hey Z,

I had another brain wave

What if we use both sides of the coil to trigger two rotors at the same time?. A two for one type deal, to make the motor electrically more efficient.

Click image for larger version

Name:	double magnetic wankel.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	46333

for this to work and to make the tuning possible the two rotors need to be rigidly connected by gears, both feeding to one single output shaft (not in the picture)

NoFear
        Last edited by Nofear; 05-31-2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
          ......... Of course I also saw a picture where Bedini shows an all magnet motor, has notes saying something like "four magnetic theories shown here", like an idiot I didn't save it and can't find it again. Pretty busy hobby wise with this project but if someone knowledgeable can reference it, that is also something I want to learn about. .........
          Here's the link to it http://www.icehouse.net/john1/motor.html

And here's a link to a thread I started on the device back on 8-23-12. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=192

I showed the one I made to John at last year's convention and he told me a few things to try which I haven't taken the time to pursue yet. He said Ron Cole was the person who made it, and it cogged around very slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nofear View Post
            Hey Z,

I had another brain wave

What if we use both sides of the coil to trigger two rotors at the same time?. A two for one type deal, to make the motor electrically more efficient.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3503[/ATTACH]

for this to work and to make the tuning possible the two rotors need to be rigidly connected by gears, both feeding to one single output shaft (not in the picture)

NoFear
            Nice wave, Don't see how you could use a C-coil arrangement with this set-up as it would defeat the purpose. "need to be rigidly connected by gears", too much work, but I wonder if you had a second rotor if you would get sympathetic timed rotation w/o having to worry about the rest? First I would just like one good rotor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
              Hi Paul,

Here's the link to it http://www.icehouse.net/john1/motor.html

And here's a link to a thread I started on the device back on 8-23-12. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=192

I showed the one I made to John at last year's convention and he told me a few things to try which I haven't taken the time to pursue yet. He said Ron Cole was the person who made it, and it cogged around very slowly.
              Amen. Thx Gary, saved the picture and bookmarked the url. Got enough on my plate with what I am working on but glad to see this again. You know just glancing at the picture, if you already have everything else good to go, you could replace the permanent magnet with an electromagnet. Wouldn't be an all magnetic motor, but you would just need to pulse the coil and you know I hear you can capture a "radiant" spike off a pulsed coil and harvest a portion to maybe more than a portion of your pulse energy. Maybe all the extra iron around would make things screwy, but a thought nonetheless. Would start to look vaguely like a Wankle.

Comment

ZPDM
                you might like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6WC9hO_8wg

guy

Comment

Thx Guy,

Did stumble on that a few months back and think Correlated Magnetics stumbled on Howard Johnson sometime before that. You may laugh but ever since I started ordering "strange" things like toy gyroscopes I look forward to the "toy" "kids" science catalogs in the mail. They now have lamps where half of it is magnetically levitated or magnetically levitated cars, earth globes, etc. Likely similar conceptual stuff to correlated magnetics. You know they also have an attachment for your iphone that turns it into a 40x microscope, for 30 bucks! Sorry to get carried away, but yes it is great correlated magnetics is looking to market some custom magnetic fields. I imagine one could spend a lifetime looking at the sort of stuff Howard Johnson was looking at. Tom Bearden in his video though explained to me though that if you have one magnet far away then another one closer an iron core will be attracted to the first one then even more to the closer second one along a magnetic gradient. While there is plenty else to it all, that's what I'm going to run with for now. E-mailed some specs for CAD drafting yesterday, looking forward to a more precise rotor. BTW did that first vid ever work for you?

Comment

ZPDM
                    yes it did . a pure magnet motor just might work
                    i have always wanted to put a neo magnet in core and kill the field and what it dose to back spike when field comes back [coil off]
                    just a thought

Comment

the wankel engine..!
                      Rgds,
                      Faraday88.
                      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by guyzzemf View Post
                        ZPDM
                        yes it did . a pure magnet motor just might work
                        i have always wanted to put a neo magnet in core and kill the field and what it dose to back spike when field comes back [coil off]
                        just a thought
                        Great, glad the video finally worked. Looking forward to more discussion but will wait on my part for a new rotor.
                        Last edited by ZPDM; 06-03-2014, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Am waiting on a 3D printed rotor and should have it finished and maybe in hand this week. I am really looking forward to having something with a little precision and have a whole slew of questions and things I want to look at. I was sort of polluting Bung EEs excellent thread about the Dumas water sphere earlier this week so I will instead just mention a few things on this more appropriately here instead. One thing I really want to look at is feeding a pick-up coil back to the run battery. Yes it is silly, but if you can keep the radiant going out to a charge battery and if you are getting a little more torque to the timing mechanism it should be a fun experiment. I have nothing operational right now, not even a pulse motor but from memory you can't just hook up a pick-up coil to the run battery, don't work. So, and this goes back to Min2oly's request for a simple cap dump, I have one. Normally you might take a cap and dump it say once a second, capache? (hope I didn't just swear). However, you could also take an electrolytic cap of 1/60th the capacitance and dump it 60 times a second n'est pas? Therefore, you could take a small electrolytic cap let it charge for 359 degrees of rotation and at 360 have a timing reed switch which dumps the cap, i.e. dump it once every rotation. I've done this and it works fine, i.e. I've charged a fairly big cap off a pick-up coil and timed it to a certain voltage then timed it to the same voltage dumping a small cap in this manner into it and they were as far as I could tell the same. One issue here is that it is unclear, how much the small cap is over voltage the large cap, i.e. is it dumping small cap 4.3 -> large cap 4.0 to 4.1 then small cap 4.4 -> 4.1 etc or small cap 12.0 -> 4.0 to 4.1 etc. Have no ideer how to measure that but I imagine you could (based from looking at the charge rate of a big cap), pick a suitably sized small cap where you would have a decent overvoltage to charge a battery. Again, as a rule of thumb just take whatever capacitance you are discharging at once per second and if you are flying at 3600 RPMS divide by 60 por favor.

So I tried using this approach to "back pop" the run power. The problem was I couldn't tell if it worked because there was about 2 seconds where I watched that radiant spike also light up a spark every rotation across the timing reed switch used for the cap dump then the reed switch fried. It was a very small reed switch but I realized that was a significant design problem. Now that I have nothing put together it also occurred to me you are allowed to do things conventionally as well, I think I could just put a blocking diode in to isolate the timing reed switch from the inductive spike. When it is not actually in front of me to try these ideas only work historically umm, some of the time, but its a simple idea and I don't know why it wouldn't work. Then you have a good cap dump. So that's one of the main things to look at, can I give a little boost to the run power while it is doing its radiant thang.

@ TC, we both got a bit off topic on the Dumas sphere thread, but you had mentioned looking at an extended drive core with a pick-up coil attached, I didn't have success with it when I actually got down to measuring inputs and outputs, though when I first saw it I was thinking all my cores would be two feet long. It is interesting because it is really close to the idea of a third winding on a toroidal joule thief circuit where I do think you see more output energy. I don't know there are so many variables, maybe a wire different here or there and you get a big improvement with a straight coil as well as a toroid but I haven't been able to do that yet. You know, while I haven't done it yet, I really think the way to build a good SSG is to do it EXACTLY the way Bedini tells you to, otherwise the darn thing is like a Rubic's cube. All I can say so far is I am pretty certain that the coil specs are quite important. Also impedance matching is critical and for me I can see things change with different loads but my understanding of impedance matching is at the level of you throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks.

Comment

A video update

Comment

Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
                              A video update

"this video is private"

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                                "this video is private"
                                rats, let me try that again, I've changed it to public.

here is the url if the embedding didn't work.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-SuyhP4uok

Thx Min2oly

Comment

Working...
                                X