Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video of Bedini SSG-esqe alternate magent arrangement rotor

Thought I'd share a bit more than just the picture. One of the biggest hurdles I came across w/ this was getting the coil core to act as the last magnet, "the gate" Just as you describe the attraction gets stronger w/ each magnet then you get to the last gate and the coil does it's thing. With my setup the coil was the last magnet and it was always a challenge to get the coil core to attract that rotor more than the last magnet in the rotation. I just added a magnet to the back of the core, that's all it took.
    You don't have that problem w/ your arrangement which makes this very interesting to me, that external switch will be key, reed is fine you can get it to trigger a transistor if you want to increase the voltage. You can also use a hall sensor and an external timing wheel will help. You must already have all this planned out, I'll just be patient...
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick

PS you'll harvest the spike just fine w/ that external trigger, you may also get some additional charging to the primary prior to the switch just before the gate.
    Last edited by min2oly; 05-30-2014 at 06:19 AM. Reason: PS

that is a wankel rotary magnetic motor concept. JB has one in his lab. small selenoid to push the rotor at the right time, his is built vertically, to harness gravity also.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Thumbs up

Hi Tom,
    I remember that one.
    Energy From The Vacuum 16 Equilibrium
    JB used repulsion, rotor is spinning clockwise.
    EFV16Equilibrium.jpg
    Paul stick w/ your setup, I have not seen anyone do it that way. Of course I have not seen everything...
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    that is a wankel rotary magnetic motor concept. JB has one in his lab. small selenoid to push the rotor at the right time, his is built vertically, to harness gravity also.

Tom C

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post

Tom C
    ....And a flywheel

NoFear

Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Thought I'd share a bit more than just the picture. One of the biggest hurdles I came across w/ this was getting the coil core to act as the last magnet, "the gate" Just as you describe the attraction gets stronger w/ each magnet then you get to the last gate and the coil does it's thing. With my setup the coil was the last magnet and it was always a challenge to get the coil core to attract that rotor more than the last magnet in the rotation. I just added a magnet to the back of the core, that's all it took.
    You don't have that problem w/ your arrangement which makes this very interesting to me, that external switch will be key, reed is fine you can get it to trigger a transistor if you want to increase the voltage. You can also use a hall sensor and an external timing wheel will help. You must already have all this planned out, I'll just be patient...
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick

PS you'll harvest the spike just fine w/ that external trigger, you may also get some additional charging to the primary prior to the switch just before the gate.
    Patrick,
    I can see how what you built was sort of a photo negative of the thing I built and I get what you are saying about a magnet on the core to bring it across far enough to trip the sensor coil, you could likely add a "second deck" for timing with your previous build. Now I am wondering what a magnet on the core might do with my set-up, maybe better, maybe worse, but I wonder whether it would emphasize the permanent magnet ramp a bit. Yeah reed becomes problematic > 5-6 volts or fast spin but fine at the moment for proof of concept stuff. Was thinking about throwing the sensor coil up to the second timing deck -> transistor. Put together some specs for 3D printing, no idea how this will go may take a week a month or not at all. But am encouraged that I told them I couldn't do the 3D cad and they gave me someone to send the specs to to draft it. If this is timely and not too expensive well who knows but I might be able to help other people with their tchotkes if I have the Yiddish right. Again, as I said in my last comment the OU from the SSG is from the radiant spike and the rotor is basically timing. This set-up definitely improves the torque of the timing mechanism but I'll want to go past superglue and masking tape to know more. Did pick up a large Litzed coil from TeslaGenx so if the radiant is still good, at least I know, all else being equal, I have a coil that at 12-24 V will give a great spike, though quite often, as I suspect you have seen, all else isn't quite equal once you get to the details.

Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Hi Tom,
    I remember that one.
    Energy From The Vacuum 16 Equilibrium
    JB used repulsion, rotor is spinning clockwise.
    EFV16Equilibrium.jpg
    Paul stick w/ your setup, I have not seen anyone do it that way. Of course I have not seen everything...
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick
    That was the two minute snippet of video I saw for why I mentioned in the original post that I had seen that Bedini had looked at this concept years back, couldn't find the excerpt again, thx, will need to pick up EFTV 16. Yes of course a Wankle motor is a closely related concept. Of course I also saw a picture where Bedini shows an all magnet motor, has notes saying something like "four magnetic theories shown here", like an idiot I didn't save it and can't find it again. Pretty busy hobby wise with this project but if someone knowledgeable can reference it, that is also something I want to learn about. Have to say though I first started thinking about this from that video by JZDs14me, where he built the same sort of rotor with half the magnets N facing out and half S facing out then built a physical bipolar commutator. I thought, you know, for once I may actual know a little bit more about how to do the electronics part, you could use a reed switch/hall effect sensor to do what he is doing with physical commutation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nofear View Post
    ....And a flywheel

NoFear
    That flywheel could make a good spacer to a second deck rotor with timing magnets. Thx!

Hey Z,

I had another brain wave

What if we use both sides of the coil to trigger two rotors at the same time?. A two for one type deal, to make the motor electrically more efficient.

double magnetic wankel.png

for this to work and to make the tuning possible the two rotors need to be rigidly connected by gears, both feeding to one single output shaft (not in the picture)

NoFear
    Last edited by Nofear; 05-31-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Hi Paul,

Quote Originally Posted by ZPDM View Post
    ......... Of course I also saw a picture where Bedini shows an all magnet motor, has notes saying something like "four magnetic theories shown here", like an idiot I didn't save it and can't find it again. Pretty busy hobby wise with this project but if someone knowledgeable can reference it, that is also something I want to learn about. .........
    Here's the link to it http://www.icehouse.net/john1/motor.html

And here's a link to a thread I started on the device back on 8-23-12. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=192

I showed the one I made to John at last year's convention and he told me a few things to try which I haven't taken the time to pursue yet. He said Ron Cole was the person who made it, and it cogged around very slowly.
    Gary Hammond,

Quote Originally Posted by Nofear View Post
    Hey Z,

I had another brain wave

What if we use both sides of the coil to trigger two rotors at the same time?. A two for one type deal, to make the motor electrically more efficient.

double magnetic wankel.png

for this to work and to make the tuning possible the two rotors need to be rigidly connected by gears, both feeding to one single output shaft (not in the picture)

NoFear
    Nice wave, Don't see how you could use a C-coil arrangement with this set-up as it would defeat the purpose. "need to be rigidly connected by gears", too much work, but I wonder if you had a second rotor if you would get sympathetic timed rotation w/o having to worry about the rest? First I would just like one good rotor.