Lead Acid Batteries to Crystal Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys,

I have done ZERO work with crystal batts other than building the orginal alum/magnesium from the 2012 conference. with that being said, crystal batts are not supposed to need to be charged, it is the active matrix in the crystal and what it does with the water. charging and discharging a crystal battery makes no sense to me. you want it to burn water alone, as a function of the process, it creates its own current. if I am all stuffed here feel free to correct me...

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi All--
      I'm the Newbie here but not new to this research. I am very interested in the Lead and Alum rechargeabloe batteries that John and Chuck have presened. I did a couple of preliminary test cells yesterday to see if the concept could be scaled down and still work. I just used what lead I could find with the Alum and distilled water electrolyte. It worked. Here is a video of what I did:

Lead--Alum Homemade Rechargeable Battery - YouTube

Lidmotor

Comment

Here is a video of my clean battery powering 30 of these 12 volt automotive LED's.
        Big Clean Crystal cell powering 30 12 Volt LED's - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
          hey guys,

I have done ZERO work with crystal batts other than building the orginal alum/magnesium from the 2012 conference. with that being said, crystal batts are not supposed to need to be charged, it is the active matrix in the crystal and what it does with the water. charging and discharging a crystal battery makes no sense to me. you want it to burn water alone, as a function of the process, it creates its own current. if I am all stuffed here feel free to correct me...

Tom C
          In a way you're correct. But there exist a problem when it comes using these empty lead acid batteries. They don't really contain dissimilar metals. They contain lead plates and to make the plate different you need to supply power to it to make one plate build up a oxide layer. If this cell contained similar metals than I would not need to charge it. Also when i charge it the primary battery seems to be returning back to its standing voltage before i did the charge, so in a way i'm not violating the crystal cell idea.

Comment

I noticed in your posts that your charging battery is hanging around 11.7V. Is there a reason you are keeping it below 12V, or fully charged? I would think you might get even better results if it was fully charged...

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
            Here is a video of my clean battery powering 30 of these 12 volt automotive LED's.
            Big Clean Crystal cell powering 30 12 Volt LED's - YouTube

Comment

I'm not sure? What mix are you using? I think if you put too much power through it it will eat up the water in it.
              Distilled water, epsom, rochelle, tourmaline, mica, and selenium oxide crystals.

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
              hey guys,

Tom C
              I think there can be many different kinds of crystal batteries, each with their own unique signature and characteristics. Doesn't have to burn water, but it can. What about a cell that runs on air, or something else natural? These lead crystal batteries could be used to power a bunch of garden lights, just put it in a battery box, and you could power a row of garden lights. Could even construct a static atmospheric water generator and have that drip into each cell automatically.

Comment

I tried to charge the clean battery with a wall charger made for charging 12 volt batteries. The charger reported no faults and it acted like a normal 12 volt battery was connected but this is far from the case. The clean battery was at 5 volts when i hooked it up to the charger and the charger tried to charge it like a normal battery. The problem i ran into was that the wall charger was draining the clean battery. The charger was doing the opposite of what i wanted it to do so i removed the charger. It seem best to charge the clean battery from another battery and not a charger. If a wall charger won't charge it then it worries me that a solar panel may not work either which kind of sucks.

Comment

ib, you could try putting diodes in line to prevent the charge going backwards.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                    ib, you could try putting diodes in line to prevent the charge going backwards.

John K.
                    There is no way the charge could go backwards. I used a battery charger, it has the needed diode to rectify the current into the right direction. The charger works fine for normal lead acid batteries buy my clean battery does not do so good on it.

Comment

There is no way the charge could go backwards. I used a battery charger, it has the needed diode to rectify the current into the right direction. The charger works fine for normal lead acid batteries buy my clean battery does not do so good on it.
                      Ib, sorry I should've clarified that I meant for solar.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                        Ib, sorry I should've clarified that I meant for solar.

John K.
                        Oh, yes using diodes for solar would be a great idea! Thank you for clarifying that.

Comment

I think I need to clarify that this clean battery is not a perpetual energy machine. This clean battery does loose charge when you connect a load to it. I have had many people think this thing outputs power but infact this battery needs to be recharged just like any other 12 volt battery. What makes this battery so special is how you recharge it. You can't charge it with a battery charger you must charge it with a another battery. What makes this battery so different is that when you do charge it from another battery the primary battery that you use will recover to its standing voltage before you charge it, sometimes it will go higher. So you could say that this battery recharges for free but the charge in it does go away and you must recharge it again but it doesn't drain the primary battery. The free energy shows up when you parallel charge these batteries and it collects in the clean battery for use.

Comment

cool,

What are you using for detergent?

Comment

Originally posted by rbees View Post
                              cool,

What are you using for detergent?
                              Walmart brand purple detergent kind. I think its called sun tropical breeze.

Also on a bit of a update. Last week I took the clean battery and charged it with the normal primary battery that i use, the one that started off with a standing voltage of 11.66V, and I charged the clean battery over night. The next day the clean battery had plenty of power but the primary battery was low at around 10.35 volts. I thought the primary battery finally drained but I let it sit and today its now at 11.61 volts, just .05 from its starting voltage. So it seems the primary battery recovers even when i charge the clean battery for 8 hours plus with it. I find that charging the clean battery for 30 minutes to be all it needs to run a LED bright over night and the primary battery recovers by the next time i want to run it again. I keep charging and yet the voltage returns on the primary battery as if the clean battery has taken no power from it. I will keep repeating this process until the primary battery shows that its decaying in voltage.

Comment

On the same topic of using same metals for batteries i did a replication of Karpen's pile figure 1. It uses the same metal electrodes, copper wires, and it gets the voltage that he talks about in his patent. Karpen makes it clear that this is not a chemical cell or a concentration cell, but instead pulls its power from the ambient heat. It is such a interesting idea, one liquid is above the other and they touch and each electrode is in one liquid. Here's more info on it Vasilesco KARPEN : Electric Pile -- Article & French Patent -- a "perpetual motion" thermoelectric transformer that has operated continuously over 50 years.

and here's my replication
                                Karpen's Pile replication - Electricity from ambient heat - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X