Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on how to use this technology if you are renting a house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on how to use this technology if you are renting a house?

Many people do not live in their own home. A lot live in rented apartments and also in free standing houses. Given that such people cannot hard wire anything to the mains circuit board, what advice can anyone give for a system that will save money on electricity costs, and also be easily packed up for the next house they move to?
    For instance someone in an apartment block may have a balcony to make use of solar rays...what size panel could they use and which Tesla solar tracker and what size battery would be needed to say, run their appliances in the unit?
    What about a free standing house like in Australia?
    Many have a back yard where they could have solar panels on a frame with wheels. They could have a battery bank in a battery box that would not leak on the Landlord's property.
    Any ideas for rental/leased properties?

Hi Dan,
    I like where you are going with this.

I see a truck at most all large public events running around here in Seattle w/ a huge solar array built in at an angle and a large battery bank on the bed. It is usually supplying power to a stage or a group of food vendors etc… I’m not sure how practical that large vehicle would be in your back yard but for a couple hundred one could salvage a small mobile “car-trailer" and build a modular array on it that could accomplish quite a bit in a back yard. Make sure and stake it down depending on where you live though…

Totoalas has accomplished quite a bit from his apartment window… I think he has a 20-40 watt panel?

I have a small 20w panel that charges 1000Ah w/ SS SSG and provides light for our house year round. A bit of an overkill for an apartment. My son also has a 20w panel that charges a 100Ah battery he runs his computer and desk light w/ it every day for 3-6 hours (more on the weekends). He’s only been doing it for a few weeks now, but this could be something to look at for an apartment. Kind of spendy when you do it on a small scale though.

Back to the car trailer - John B. it would be the coolest thing for branding name recognition and much much more if you built a small solar trailer that any electric vehicle could pull to extend the miles it could travel on the weekends. It could sit in the driveway (make it cool enough and it could sit on the front lawn even) during the week charging a battery bank for free.
    This idea is for free for anyone wanting to build it. Just make it happen!

Kind Regards,
    Patrick A.

Originally posted by D Rhodes View Post
    Many people do not live in their own home. A lot live in rented apartments and also in free standing houses. Given that such people cannot hard wire anything to the mains circuit board, what advice can anyone give for a system that will save money on electricity costs, and also be easily packed up for the next house they move to?
    For instance someone in an apartment block may have a balcony to make use of solar rays...what size panel could they use and which Tesla solar tracker and what size battery would be needed to say, run their appliances in the unit?
    What about a free standing house like in Australia?
    Many have a back yard where they could have solar panels on a frame with wheels. They could have a battery bank in a battery box that would not leak on the Landlord's property.
    Any ideas for rental/leased properties?

Comment

Sounds great Patrick! With power costs here going up and up(23.5 cents/kw) people are under a lot of pressure financially or turn the lights off altogether.

Comment

Working...
      X