* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SSG Where the rubber hits the road

Thanks Guy,
    you just reminded me where I learned this trick in the first place. You had a vid up maybe 5-6 years ago showing where the invisable south is, that gave me the idea of using this as a basic method to wire up correctly.
    Now I will also say in addition

I M H O

it does not matter if you wind your coil clockwise counter clockwise etc... and it does not matter if you have magnets south out or north out as long as they are all the same. If you use this simple electromagnet method, you can determine if you want attraction or repulsion. I have conducted experiments where I pick a random magnet or 2 or 3 on the wheel and flip them. this has some very interesting effects on charging as well...
    More later - Kind Regards,
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by guyzzemf View Post
    Patrick
    you read my mind as i was going to ask you to show in detail why south out as we have allways done and coil test on attraction or repel
    I allways just set a lose magnet on coil top it ether jumps off [repel] or sucks tight [attract] from that i know how to put magnets on
    wheel @ what coil [run] wire goes to positive and what wire goes to collector before output diode
    guy

ps comment on balancing wheel ,free spin time ,coil gap

Thought I might get it running on some Aluminium...

Just for kicks while I'm waiting for a couple of parts...
    Kind Regards,
    Patrick A.

The aluminium/axle saga continues...

Patrick A.

what ticking at 3;31 sounds like 1 magnet is back-ack wards
    guy

ok sounds better 10;09

i have never used a pot
    Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-11-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Someone reminded me in a reply on one of the vids - I forgot to use a bulb in series for tuning, that might have saved the pot. It's been a while since I used a big wheel - forgot how powerful it is. No worries, that was a cheepo pot. I'm saving the big 50w 75ohm for the

TESLAGENX

build. Just purchased the base resistors yesterday will be soldering the board some time today. I still don't have the wheel situation straightened out... This was always my biggest issue when I built the first wheel, it never ran smooth always noisy and wabley etc... I'm almost there, maybe I should just build my own wheel, my 6' wheel purr's right along. I think it's too big for this little coil though.

what ticking at 3;31 sounds like 1 magnet is back-ack wards
    guy

ok sounds better 10;09

i have never used a pot

Hi everyone. I heard the ticking too. Mine would do that when a mag would break loose from the crazy glue. I was so impressed with how capable my big bike wheel was at battery restoration I spent most of my time doing that. This thread makes me want to go back and do some of the other things I only did with the 3PM. Shame it was sabotaged from the start. I got surprisingly good use from it especially afte building a heavier circuit for it. My big wheel is on loan to my brother and is happily fixing batteries at this very moment. What to do about this..... build another! I had the same noisy, wobbly problems with my big wheel. A new build will most certainly be on external bearings. Sure is nice watching your progress. I can't wait to see more! You have me thinking about the whole no diode thing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Someone reminded me in a reply on one of the vids - I forgot to use a bulb in series for tuning, that might have saved the pot. It's been a while since I used a big wheel - forgot how powerful it is. No worries, that was a cheepo pot. I'm saving the big 50w 75ohm for the

TESLAGENX

build. Just purchased the base resistors yesterday will be soldering the board some time today. I still don't have the wheel situation straightened out... This was always my biggest issue when I built the first wheel, it never ran smooth always noisy and wabley etc... I'm almost there, maybe I should just build my own wheel, my 6' wheel purr's right along. I think it's too big for this little coil though.

yes, I'm all for "build another" :-)

I'm about ready to toss this one out. I just figured out it's not the axle anymore. the axle was bent, now it's straight. what's bent now are the bike wheel's inner bearing "cages" (?) I don't know what that thing is called. So they are not allowing the axle to center on the wheel. What a pain! I'm about ready to through this one out as well. who knows, maybe it's a combination of the axle, bearing cage, and the wheel itself.

vid is still being processed, it'll finish soon, I gatta go...

I'm seriously contemplating building my own wheel out of wood later today.
    The main reason I don't is JB has recommended this steel metal wheel, and I was hoping to keep the build accountable to the book specs.

The saga continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Allen R. View Post
    Hi everyone. I heard the ticking too. Mine would do that when a mag would break loose from the crazy glue. I was so impressed with how capable my big bike wheel was at battery restoration I spent most of my time doing that. This thread makes me want to go back and do some of the other things I only did with the 3PM. Shame it was sabotaged from the start. I got surprisingly good use from it especially afte building a heavier circuit for it. My big wheel is on loan to my brother and is happily fixing batteries at this very moment. What to do about this..... build another! I had the same noisy, wobbly problems with my big wheel. A new build will most certainly be on external bearings. Sure is nice watching your progress. I can't wait to see more! You have me thinking about the whole no diode thing again.

Copy+(1).jpg
    if not to late get a wheel with roller bearings great spin time if you use the bearings that come with wheel a thought //not the cone type you have/go to a bike shop spin boath type big differance
    guy
    Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-13-2014 at 02:15 PM.

That looks nice, did you get them at your local bike shop?
    watching your vids always made me wonder how you got them to spin so nicely...
    Patrick

Copy+(1).jpg
    if not to late get a wheel with roller bearings great spin time if you use the bearings that come with wheel a thought //not the cone type you have/go to a bike shop spin boath type big differance
    guy

Here is the board:

Thanks for the tips, keep'm coming.

Kind Regards all,
    Patrick A.