Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spike

This always stuck with me regarding the Energy:
    Last edited by min2oly; 11-20-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• man... I miss Him. we used to do midnight runs to Jack in the box for tacos and talk about this. what a genius he was.... He was our living breathing Tesla. they will be mentioned in the same breath in the future.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Originally posted by min2oly View Post
        This always stuck with me regarding the Energy:
        Simplicity that he defined!!!
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• As anyone who has watched my vids knows I've been working with reeds since the beginning. I'm always looking for ways to increase reliability and manipulate the "ON" time... the amount of time the reed connects and allows the transistor to be turned on. One can use a magnet in close proximity to the reed which will force it to close and open quickly as well as kind of shorten the ON time, it's very touchy however. John used 2 side by side magnets per switch on the Zero force motor to manipulate the reed further... Anyway, I've been doing this reliably for the last few months and thought I'd share:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Patricks VENN Reed Switch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	49051

The VENN Reed Switch
          I've used this with my bike wheel (no timing wheel just the big N8's) to get the ON time down to a very small window - further increasing efficiency. Poof - "Shaka, when the walls fell."

I thought it might help with the Zero Force but did not want to clutter that thread with a possible distraction...

Comment

• Very clever Patrick

John K.

Comment

• Originally posted by min2oly View Post
              As anyone who has watched my vids knows I've been working with reeds since the beginning. I'm always looking for ways to increase reliability and manipulate the "ON" time... the amount of time the reed connects and allows the transistor to be turned on. One can use a magnet in close proximity to the reed which will force it to close and open quickly as well as kind of shorten the ON time, it's very touchy however. John used 2 side by side magnets per switch on the Zero force motor to manipulate the reed further... Anyway, I've been doing this reliably for the last few months and thought I'd share:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5606[/ATTACH]

The VENN Reed Switch
              I've used this with my bike wheel (no timing wheel just the big N8's) to get the ON time down to a very small window - further increasing efficiency. Poof - "Shaka, when the walls fell."

I thought it might help with the Zero Force but did not want to clutter that thread with a possible distraction...

Great work Patrick. I might have to give this a try on my reed that switches my SSR.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• That's great, then you can also use the spacing between reeds to modulate On time. If I got my Forrest Mims intro to circuits right, then you've got an "AND" logic gate there.

Comment

• Patrick,
                  I installed your switch method on my machine and it works great! Anyone using reeds should know about this, you have really let a great one loose here my friend. Thank you.

Here is a very short video showing it on my machine. I am not running in the video but rather showing how the switch improved my timing.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0mhwFH2D62ltLtBgBj

Comment

• Could someone please draw out the schematic that would allow one to replace the trigger circuit on the original sg with patrick's dual reed switch idea.
                    Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian McNece View Post
                      Could someone please draw out the schematic that would allow one to replace the trigger circuit on the original sg with patrick's dual reed switch idea.
                      Thank you in advance.
                      Hi Brian,
                      it can be as simple as this one I drew up here
                      if you start getting into multi-filer and multi coil and you still need a diagram, well.....
                      KR - Patrick

Comment

• Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                        Patrick,
                        I installed your switch method on my machine and it works great! Anyone using reeds should know about this, you have really let a great one loose here my friend. Thank you.

Here is a very short video showing it on my machine. I am not running in the video but rather showing how the switch improved my timing.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0mhwFH2D62ltLtBgBj
                        Very cool :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X