Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG Power (figures).

Hello everybody,
    Still sticking to the beginner's manual of the SG Bedini written by Aaron and Peter , I have replaced the moving shaft with a fixed to wheel shaft into bearings, so that now, a shaft in rotating at the exterior of the SG. I am able to put a load on it, or, a fan ; which I did not do yet.
    I am pumping on various 12 v sources (battery and AC plug to DC converver) , and am pulling around 200 mA.
    The shaft has some torque, indeed, and the wheel is making so much wind that it cools off the living room a bit too much. The rpms is around 160.
    I calculated the consumption of that "Fan", it's 12v * 0.2 = 2,4 watts. OMG. Don't I have, for 2 little watts, a Super efficient fan ???!
    Plus, I'm not counting the desulfating on the charging battery, plus the charge provided there. I'm just impressed by the Machine !.... I think I'm in a woah! there.
    I am about to put the torque to some mechanical output. I would like to run a alternator directly (I have 2 car's), and even, pull two of them using Leon Raoul Hatem's magnetic cogging patent. I'm still in a waoh! posture guys. Let's just enjoy.
    Last edited by Bung-ee; 05-05-2014, 07:35 AM.

you wont get a lot of torque from an SG look up "prony brake" on google you can find an easy way to build one with a leather strap and a fish scale. it will give you what you have in torque. remember as you load an Sg down its current drops, till the point the wheel stops. all you are harnessing is the flywheel effect which is storing the energy from the coil as the magnet is attracted to the machine. its not much, a fan is really the best load for the SG. air does not have a lot of mass so you are moving it failry easily.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi Tom "wise posts" C,
      Ok thanks for the torque remark
      I'll try to see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
      X