Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing my source battery to 9 volts, from 12 volts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing my source battery to 9 volts, from 12 volts.

Hi,

I would like to make some modifications with my circuit. Instead of 12 volt source, I'm replacing it with 9 volts. Now, my question is,

1. Would I have to change the size of my Trigger and Drive wires in the coil? My current wire size is 23awg and 20awg, respectively. If I have to replace it, what size of wire is best suitable?

2. Would I also have to change the length? I've got approx. 130 ft right now.

3. The handbook specifies that I use MJL21194 Power Transistor, is it possible that I use 2N3055 as a replacement? There's not much difference in their amperage, which is 15 and 16 amp respectively, but there's a big difference in voltage and wattage.

4. This is unrelated but I would like to get higher torque from the wheel of my rotor, does using Neodymium Magnet increase the torque? or I will just stick with the ceramic type magnets.

Thanks in Advance! More Power to EnergyScienceForum...

Why do you want to change the circuit to run on 9v? Are you planning to use a power supply or something?

For the most part you will only need to lower your resistance and it will work however the system is designed to run on 12v.

Do you have a system already or are you talking about something you plan to build? If you have not built it then I suggest you follow the directions and do not change anything. It is hard enough to get the circuit running properly in the beginning.

The 2N3055's will work but they cannot handle a lot of power and will pop. Just use the MJL21194 it is the best one to use, yes it is more money but you will not be replacing them all the time either.

Do not use neo's. It would actually have the opposite effect of what you want and use more energy if you could get it to run at all.

Comment

Thanks for response. Bob!

I'm changing my circuit to run on 9v simply because it's more economical. I am working with dc system right now and not planning on using AC power supply. Why does Neo magnets produces opposite effect?

Actually, I'm an electrical engineering student and I'm so thankful I bumped into this great breakthrough by John Bedini. The first time I saw JB's device all over youtube, it was all negative comments and criticism. But I figure, all those people might be paid by someone to put JB down. I saw a lot of potential in this device, and I'm still mind-blown why no one is funding him for global market.

Thanks. More Power!
      Last edited by Pau_21; 04-30-2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

you cannot charge 9 volt dry cells with an SG its made for flooded lead acid batteries, you will blow up carbon pile batteries, at the very best they will leak. the SG produces spikes over 120 volts. the SG is not a motor its an energizer and the magnets ARE ONLY TO INDUCE CURRENT IN THE TRIGGER WINDING IN THE COIL not to provide torque to produce work, the neo has fields that are too large for an SG.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I wonder if this is legit. Got this video, he is claiming to be able to charge 9v batteries (not rechargeable). And he is also using neo magnets. He's equipped with schematic and got some explanations. Can you check this one, Tom C? Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0HGIX1ILc

He has 18 and 22 awg wires on.
          Last edited by Pau_21; 04-27-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Hi Pau,

Yes what you are seeing is not a trick if that is what you mean by legit. I can see how you would see that and wonder what the heck. It seems to bawk at everything we have told you huh. Well I cannot go over every aspect of the machine but what we are telling you is the best way to build it. Yes you can change this or change that and still get something to run but what we are telling you is what has been discovered over many years of experimenting and for the most part what Mr. Bedini says(sometimes people say things he never did). Neo's can work because they are magnetic but they are the wrong ones for the job.

You can charge alkaline batteries with a system but not over and over, like Tom said they will leak or explode. They don't explode from fire, it is the pressure of the gasses that get created inside. I have blown up plenty myself until I learned to just stop doing it. Not the big ones but the small ones like he was using for his primary.

If you try to study how this machine works you will understand better why we don't use neo's, there is NO reason too. As Tom already said, it's function is to open the base via induction and neo's are way too strong for that. To my point earlier about it will have the opposite affect, they are so strong they have a tendency to want to couple with the core and it takes MORE energy to free them from it.

Anyway I cannot explain everything about the machine in this post so I will not try. You can make it however you wish but remember just because it runs doesn't mean you have built it as well as it could be.

*EDIT*
            Pau,

What are you trying to charge batteries for anyway? Are you trying to charge the small 9v like go in meters and smoke alarms? You may be able to build a small solid state setup if you are only trying to charge small stuff. I have one that I use for 9v, AA, AAA, etc.. I could show you if that is what you are trying to charge up.
            Last edited by BobZilla; 04-27-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks for Reply Bob!

Well, just a quick question. With the circuit tuned to the finest possible, and least amount of current drawn, "How long does the rotor can spin continuously?"

I'm referring to the rotation without any interruption, not disconnecting anything from the circuit since the start of spin. And with all the important things taken into consideration, "Could it possibly last for months?"

Just a theoretical question, I suppose. Thanks in Advance!
              Last edited by Pau_21; 04-30-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Pau
                answer you question with a question /how long would a small light bulb burn if you had a small battery=how long would would it burn if you had a big battery how long would it last if battery was not fully charged? look up battery C-RATE LEARN WHAT THAT IS
                most questions only apply to your setup /how much currant dose my ssg use= this is what you ask only you can answer that

Comment

guyzzemf,

I can't get what you're trying to say. I'm simply asking what is the longest possible run time of the rotor.

Let's say, I'm not charging anything, just a capacitor hooked up as the "charge battery." All loads within the circuit, like neon bulbs, etc. are taken off. I'm throwing this question because if in any chance the rotor can spin for months, that can be a good source for powering another motor. Again, just a theoretical question and this is completely out of the box.

Thanks!

Comment

what is amp-hour rating of the battery's you have what is the c20 discharge -charge rate
                    ssg is not a motor -- a cap is something =not theory -math

'[ A battery with a capacity of 1 amp-hour should be able to continuously supply a current of 1 amp to a load for exactly 1 hour, or 2 amps for 1/2 hour, or 1/3 amp for 3 hours, etc., before becoming completely discharged. In an ideal battery, this relationship between continuous current and discharge time is stable and absolute, but real batteries don't behave exactly as this simple linear formula would indicate. Therefore, when amp-hour capacity is given for a battery, it is specified at either a given current, given time, or assumed to be rated for a time period of 8 hours (if no limiting factor is given).

For example, an average automotive battery might have a capacity of about 70 amp-hours, specified at a current of 3.5 amps. This means that the amount of time this battery could continuously supply a current of 3.5 amps to a load would be 20 hours (70 amp-hours / 3.5 amps). But let's suppose that a lower-resistance load were connected to that battery, drawing 70 amps continuously. Our amp-hour equation tells us that the battery should hold out for exactly 1 hour (70 amp-hours / 70 amps), but this might not be true in real life. With higher currents, the battery will dissipate more heat across its internal resistance, which has the effect of altering the chemical reactions taking place within. Chances are, the battery would fully discharge some time before the calculated time of 1 hour under this greater load.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_11/3.html

c20
                    http://www.engineersedge.com/battery...ry_ratings.htm
                    Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-01-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

everybody in here knows there amp-hr-[C RATE] of each battery thay use it is a must know

Click image for larger version

Name:	FOM56Y1FOVXPB14.MEDIUM.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	46264

YOU CAN LOOK UP ANY BATTERY AND GET ALL SPEC.OR [EASIER FASTER]
                      OR,TEST YOUR BATT , IF YOU THINK BATTERY IS WEAK

http://www.instructables.com/id/AmpHourTest/
                      Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-01-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

guyzzemf,

Haha, I don't know if you even understand. My first Bedini SG prototype ran for 2 days straight, it's a bifilar coil. Now I'm on the process of upgrading to an 8-filar coil and what I'm talking about here is the free mechanical energy that I will get from the rotor, not the discharge time of battery. Since I'm upgrading to an 8-filar design, I'm expecting to get longer run time.

Now, based on your very elaborate discussion about batteries, how can you explain how my 1.5Amp-hr batt was able to last for 2 days without even fully discharging?
                        Last edited by Pau_21; 05-02-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

pau
                          dont you you need to think you need to understand why you prototype ran so long before you up grade to a 8 transistor
                          i cant tell you why ,but you can tell us.it easy
                          a. what dose it draw how many mil-amps-/amps
                          b.how big is the battery /amp hr
                          c. do the math
                          it like asking how long you can drive you car ,you know how many miles pr gallon you get and how big the tank is
                          how much curant dose it draw? it must be very low
                          what is the battery spec...make model no. ect
                          48hr on a 1.5 ah battery is a long time/
                          a 8 filler will draw 8 x as much so run times will be less
                          i would not run a battery below 10.5 volts you will kill battery
                          as far as free mechanical it is weak .the ssg is not a motor
                          once you get a few hundred hrs on it youll see
                          read more [ohms law] [c rate]
                          guy

ps been doing this since 2008
                          Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-02-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

guyzzemf,

wow, you've been here since '08? that's nice. do you have a copy of an schematic diagram of 8-filar design, i think i may have to compare the one that i have right now.

anyone who has done it and made the device run, please post.

thanks in advance.

Comment

pau
                              if you have 1 its newer. i have is for my 4 pole 16 transistor i drew you couldn't read my chicken scratch
                              good batteries same size front @back ,long free spin time [10 min] perfect magnet spacing, fixed resistance
                              when you start a run change nothing
                              have fun
                              guy

Comment

Working...
                              X