Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing the wheel with a window motor on a SG - works ! - and burnt my battery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the wheel with a window motor on a SG - works ! - and burnt my battery.

Hello friends,
    I have replaced the SG wheel with a "tiny window motor" (from renaissance charge).
    It just worked straight away, I just laid the stuff over the coil, no fixing it, and it started spinning like hell.
    I have read 2000 rpms (was 170 ), but I think my speedometer has incorrect reading.
    anyway, I plugged in my 6v alcaline battery I'm trying to rejuvenate. over the night, there was a strange smell around the bench, and the battery appeared to be way, way, heavier ! and it apparently got down to deliver 4,20 v (was 5,20). And, it was hot on the outside.
    So I don't know what happened here. Did I damage my battery permanently , even with pure "negative" energy ?
    What I'm sure of, is that with the SG normal setup , it never happened like this in a 8-hour span. It is definitely, to me, the introduction of the tiny window motor (neodynium magnets) that did so. So, it appears to boost the charge out there, (no idea of the amps in / out though) but also, to make the negative energy do bad stuff to my batteries ?
    I thought that "neg energy" would not cause heat ...
    I'm like a chicken in front of a square egg....

Hi Bung-ee,

What was your input Voltage..?
    if it is way higher than 6V than it would 'HOT BOIL' your battery any ways...irrespective of what wheel you use..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

hello Faraday88,
      Well I have always 12V input (AC to DC12v converter, 1300 mA)
      But with the SG wheel, I have never seen that, even running for 16 hours in-a-row .

Comment

Hey bung-ee,

Sounds interesting something here is ?? but I still contend the difference is not an attribute to the window motor wheel...or is it???? perhaps the wall powered D.C source???? Try with Battery input (hope you have not ruined your 6V alkaline Altogether) for this trial....
        just a tip for you, if you have got it right, we(you first ) have discovered what a Bipolar- Monopole is doing to the SG Energizer
        Best Regards,
        Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Faraday88,
          more into this mystery.
          I have noticed the strange odor comes from the positive input cable. the bus is big wire, but that cable is standard and the plstic on the alligator is blacking, and the cable is hot !
          So, I understand that as "higher amperage". But that's the DC coming off the wall.
          I will try from the battery to see if the same occurs.
          I am planning to change all the cables to and from the battery and source battery into bigger ones.
          I am also planning to put a ampere meter somewhere. Do you have an idea where I should put them ?
          (I have 2 3A and 2 30A meters).
          I have also noticed that the transformer ac->dc is darn hot. I think it's going to melt. I also need to monitor shorter charge times to avoid this.
          What is sure is that I never noticed that smell with the SG wheel, nor the hot cable. Nor the charge :
          with the SG wheel, the battery was 8.40v and it jumped to 9,.., but with the window motor (N-S-N-S), that goes way , way higher; straight to 11.90 to begin with.
          Hey, I'm happy to share that SG conversion with you, pal !

Comment

Hi Bung-ee,
            This is quite startling and I would like myself to experiment, I would suggest you to monitor the wall input (ac current) do this with all the variations, first SG wheel than with N-S-N-S wheel.. I remember in my early days of SG experiments I stumbled on INSTANT ELECTOLYSIS of Battery Water, and the system was A wall powered source.
            years later when I tried to replicate the experiment I realized that it was the Wall power only which did what it did...
            I speculate the same here...
            Sure I too am enjoying the exchange of experiences pal
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

Working...
            X