troubleshooting my bedini project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troubleshooting my bedini project

recently i made my motor according to bedini motor. but it did not manage to rotate. I speculate my triggered winding is not enough current / voltage to open the transistor gate and make a pulse system....

1. my power winding i use is 1mm diameter and triggered winding 0.5mm .

2. the turns of solenoid is around 600-800 turns

3. magnet that i use is neodymium magnet
    4. this is the circuit that i used
    https://imageshack.com/i/n64kb6p

this is my motor

https://imageshack.com/i/n8du4mj

this is my solenoid
    https://imageshack.com/i/na6vd7j

5. my core is around 2.5 cm in diameter.

6. when is hand rotate, my induced voltage obtained at triggered wire is 50mA -300mA....

7. when is test to switch directly power sourced 12v at power coil, the magnet is manage to repel...

so, when i assembled the circuit, my motor did not rotate AND I TOTALLY STUCK

anyone could help me?? please
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread

You should not use such powerful magnets. Looking at your setup I would suggest that if you move your coil back about 6 or more inches you MAY be able to get a rotation.

Really you want to replace those magnets with ceramic 8 grade magnets. You could also perhaps change your base resistor to a lower value 100 - 200 ohm and put a variable resistor in series with it.

Good luck

*EDIT*
    Also you know it is not a self starter right,, you have to give it a good spin to set things in motion.
    Last edited by BobZilla; 04-20-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
      You should not use such powerful magnets. Looking at your setup I would suggest that if you move your coil back about 6 or more inches you MAY be able to get a rotation.

Really you want to replace those magnets with ceramic 8 grade magnets. You could also perhaps change your base resistor to a lower value 100 - 200 ohm and put a variable resistor in series with it.

Good luck

*EDIT*
      Also you know it is not a self starter right,, you have to give it a good spin to set things in motion.
      yeah...i know it is not self starter .. so i try to move it manually.... powerfull magnet influence the induced current? do you think 6 inches coil back will result in very huge air gap? is diameter that i use is correct? ok later i try 100 ohm.... tq

Comment

keep it as is but try a 47 or 100 ohm resistor..... neos work but they seem to like higher voltages better

Comment

if those magnets are as big as they look in the picture, then you should have enough in your trigger even at 680 ohms to get it to start firing... if lowering base resistor doesnt work, you could try switching the ends of your trigger around.... that gets me everyonce in awhile

Comment

the problem with neo magnets is the size of the field, you put them close together and you get no south, just a big north all the way around as the fields couple. the coil just stays saturated all the time. the magnets form a magnetic, analog, rotary switch, along with the coil core for the base circuit. you dont need powerful magnets you need just enough to switch the transistor. its NOT a motor.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hello sir,
              I have recently replaced the SG wheel with the "tiny window motor" from renaissance charge (very strong neodynium magnets), the thing rotates 10x times faster (if my speedometer is fine) than the bike wheel ( 2000 rpms against 170 rpms) and it was very easy to do. the window motor there is an alternate N-S-N-S of neodynium magnets all around the wheel.
              May may try that.

Comment

Working...
              X